Sync Outlook Emails With HTC Hero

Guest zippyioa

Guest zippyioa

Is it just me or is it really difficult to sync your Outlook emails with the HTC Hero?

My WM device was easy to setup, add the device to Activesync, check the right boxes and I had an exact copy of my Outlook emails (split nicely into folders) on my device.

Is there a way to do this on my Android Hero, preferably not using gmail and syncing that way (I dont want my emails on their servers! Any help would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Zippyioa

Guest zippyioa

Hi,

Sorry for the bump, but I REALLY need to get this sorted. Whilst its not a reason to return this otherwise excellent phone, I do really need my Outlook emails (inbox and various folders) to sync with my phone. I have had this working fine for years with Win Mo, so I would also like it with Android.

Any ideas anyone?

I guess the lack of replies is either a sign that everyone else is having this issue, or alternatively nobody can be bothered to reply/help (which I doubt in this forum!) :)

Hope someone can help.

Zippyioa

So, have you installed HTC Sync on your PC? It's included on the microSD in the Hero box.

That package also includes some other cool stuff (such as an application installer for APKs).

Let us know how you get on!

P

Guest zippyioa

Hi Paul,

I installed HTC Sync from the SD card. This let me sync my Outlook contacts and calendar to my phone. That bit was fine.

I just can't seem to work out how to get my Outlook email to sync. I have my new emails arriving by POP3, but can't get the old emails and folders to sync across.

Also tasks and notes used to sync with Windows Mobile, do you know any way to do them too?

Cheers in advance.

Zippyioa

• 8 months later...
Hi Paul,

I installed HTC Sync from the SD card. This let me sync my Outlook contacts and calendar to my phone. That bit was fine.

I just can't seem to work out how to get my Outlook email to sync. I have my new emails arriving by POP3, but can't get the old emails and folders to sync across.

Also tasks and notes used to sync with Windows Mobile, do you know any way to do them too?

Cheers in advance.

Zippyioa

Does it also sync and use categories?

Because this is one o/t features that I use on winmo 6.1

It seems that winmo and outlook combo isn't so bad at all.

Guest zippyioa
Does it also sync and use categories?

Because this is one o/t features that I use on winmo 6.1

It seems that winmo and outlook combo isn't so bad at all.

Sadly not, I always used categories in winmo so missed this on calendar items at first.

Not so bothered now though as Android offers so much more :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest leafgreen

...sooo back to the original subject: Anyone know how to sync Hero with Outlook emails and folders? HTC Sync is definitely only for contacts and calendar. This is in the HTC Hero manual. I'm guessing that MS Exchange Server will do it, but I'd really rather not install that monster...

Edited by leafgreen