Want to sync facebook pictures with your Windows Mobile Contacts?

Guest vinaymanro

Guest itsnotmeeee
02-Aug-2009_6340_147409665560_76086365560_3579934_7818838_n.jpg

Have you been looking for a way to sync your facebook profile pictures with contacts on your windows mobile handset? Well a new app has been released (still in beta) which will allow you to do so. It is currently in its its infancy, but it does what it says on the tin.

It will search your contacts, and try to match with your facebook contacts. It will then allow you to manually match contacts. Once you have finished it will download the profile picture and assign it to the appropriate contact on your windows mobile device. The quality of the downloaded images are good, and just right for windows mobile. They load quickly, and cause no noticeable lag on my device.

It also has the option to download the birthday and assign that into the contact.

Quick and simple.

booksync.co.uk | xda-devs

Try it out and let me know the wider community know your feedback.

Remember it is still under development, and we take no responsibility for any corruption or damage to your data/device.

I'm probably one of the few people in the world without a Facebook account (lots of invitations, but I'm too anti-social!)

I think that the newer versions of TouchFlo already have this functionality integrated but I haven't tried it.

Guest xiuhan83

SPB MObile 3 has that function already. However you have to add facebook picture one at a time. I am not sure whether this programs lets you add all the picture in one go.

Guest itsnotmeeee

Agreed newer versions of Touch Flo 3D do have facebook integration. I do not know how well it works.

SPB Mobile shell requires you to add each picture 1 by 1.

The above app lets you match up the contacts, and then sync all in one go.

Each time you run the app in the future it remembers your matches and updates them, whilst still allowing you to match additional contacts.

SPB Mobile shell requires you to add each picture 1 by 1.

I was just about to try the above program when I learned that my trusty old SPB Mobile Shell can already do this - funny how you discover things like this by chance! I must say that for now - updating just the few of my FB contacts one by one even worked better for me. As a bonus, the SPB Mobile Shell will allow you to select any of the profile photos your contacts have, not just the current profile photo.

But I like the fact that Book Sync can also sync birthdays, etc, so perhaps I'll give it a try once it gets out of beta!

• 1 month later...
this app doesnt seem to wrk on winmo 6.5

Indeed... It opens but when I need to login I cannot typ in my password, because I can't scroll on that page, and the password field falls out of the screen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.