Omnia II has a new Rom update

Guest NewForce
obviously the latest 1

pocket pc without core player is like life without fun :)

hey please can u pm me ur im or yahoo id we could have some chat

Too bad current Core Player 1.32a lack of OMNIA-2 new 815~845Mhz SC6410 cpu/graphic chip support

was not good enough for OMNIA-2 when compare to the built-in Touch Player2 which play smoother and faster AVI/MP4 video.

Guest bond_guy_2002
No way!! i want that rom update!!

How is your touchplayer performance, i posted up a HD clip on another thread, at a high kbs rate i just wanna know if it it plays flawless, as this the only department im not too happy with the GT-i8000.

Thanks

Btw thanks for the new tones, i like em all :)

Also here a clip you can test with your newer device.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?onwyj4zzmjy

Runs smooth as silk on my unit - plus the SRS WOW sound ... This is really cool ...

hi all

I am a hard core samsung omnia fan

I have 2 samsung omnia 2.

the first was bought on the very first day it was launched

the second i bought yesterday and to my surprise the new 1 has a new rom too

the new device has version I8000XXIG6

the earlier has I8000XXIG1

the major difference i noticed is that the default theme in the new version is black i guess to take full advantage of amoled

plz paul, sector and all the gurus please give us this new rom so that the doors for new custom roms will be opened.

here are the snap shots

Hi NiTTin, i am from India too, can you tell me from where and how much did you buy the OMNIA II from.

Thanks

Guest arun gupta
Hi NiTTin, i am from India too, can you tell me from where and how much did you buy the OMNIA II from.

Thanks

i got from pune.

have one more left for 34k with the dealer.

;-)

Guest NiTTiN

Thanks

i can provide u omnia 2

plz call on 9823291495

Guest Lord-Y
hi all

I am a hard core samsung omnia fan

the major difference i noticed is that the default theme in the new version is black i guess to take full advantage of amoled

plz paul, sector and all the gurus please give us this new rom so that the doors for new custom roms will be opened.

here are the snap shots

Hey man, can you make a list of resolved bugs, and if the lags are corrected? :)

Guest crzcar
Can't wait! Where did u get the info? :)

My colleague got this phone ytd from Starhub(Sg) which is loaded with the new rom I8000XXIG6. But still no info in Samsung website!

Edited by crzcar

Guest Lord-Y
I just receive my Omnia II today!

It has the new ROM too!!!

PDA: I8000XXIG6

CSC: I8000FAMIG6

RADIO: I8000DXIG6

Hey man, can you tell us about scratches. Is the screen glass like iphone to prevent this?

Guest FerdiBorbon
Hey man, can you tell us about scratches. Is the screen glass like iphone to prevent this?

Unfortunately not scratch proof...felt this pain after 30 mins of using my omnia II, fingernails BAD!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crzcar

sharing some limited knowledge on touchscreen. Omnia II uses resistive touch and iPhone uses capacitive touch. The difference is resistive touch work by pressure that is why u notice the screen is soft and able to flex... Capacitive touch is by conduction through ur finger, that is y they don't need a flex screen. Also y iphone don't use stylus not that they don't but it doesn't work because it need ur finger to conduc....

Edited by crzcar

Guest FerdiBorbon
sharing some limited knowledge on touchscreen. Omnia II uses resistive touch and iPhone uses capacitive touch. The difference is resistive touch work by pressure that is why u notice the screen is soft and able to flex... Capacitive touch is by conduction through ur finger, that is y they don't need a flex screen. Also y iphone don't use stylus not that they don't but it doesn't work because it need ur finger to conduc....

Very True facts there :D

I have bought another Omnia II due to light fingernail scratches and from having no screen protector...call me insane or picky...but i cant stand stuff on my screen, hence the new purchase :angry:... i have also purchased a Martins Field screen protector, i will do it properly this time round..

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest akaarnaz
hi all I am a hard core samsung omnia fan

here are the snap shots

can you post some more thumnail snapshots of the Omnia II screen? ex: snaps of the today screen, messenging, theme options, etc.

Thanks.

Guest uncle Serge
I have bought another Omnia II due to light fingernail scratches and from having no screen protector...call me insane or picky...but i cant stand stuff on my screen, hence the new purchase :angry: ... i have also purchased a Martins Field screen protector, i will do it properly this time round..

Better just cut your nails. I'm sure they are quite long ;) (a strange Chinese custom :D )

Regarding new ROM, I wrote to support centre in Singapore last night. Here's their responce:

We regret to inform you that the Windows Mobile 6.5 is currently not available.However, we had just released a new software for Omnia II. The new software is for the input of chinese characters for SMS.You may send your phone for free upgrade at any of the service center. The address of the service center are as follows:1 Jurong West Central 2, #B1-11, Jurong Point (S) 648886 (Daily 11am - 8pm)68 Orchard Road #B2-23, Plaza Singapura (Daily 11am - 8pm)2 Tampines Central 5 #04-02A, Century Square (Daily 11am - 8pm)1 Woodlands Square #03-21, Causeway Point (Daily 11am - 8pm)Please bring along your warranty card and proof of purchase upon visit.

Edited by uncle Serge

Guest FerdiBorbon
Better just cut your nails. I'm sure they are quite long ;) (a strange Chinese custom :D )

Regarding new ROM, I wrote to support centre in Singapore last night. Here's their responce:

We regret to inform you that the Windows Mobile 6.5 is currently not available.However, we had just released a new software for Omnia II. The new software is for the input of chinese characters for SMS.You may send your phone for free upgrade at any of the service center. The address of the service center are as follows:1 Jurong West Central 2, #B1-11, Jurong Point (S) 648886 (Daily 11am - 8pm)68 Orchard Road #B2-23, Plaza Singapura (Daily 11am - 8pm)2 Tampines Central 5 #04-02A, Century Square (Daily 11am - 8pm)1 Woodlands Square #03-21, Causeway Point (Daily 11am - 8pm)Please bring along your warranty card and proof of purchase upon visit.

LOL Chinese custom :angry:

Im not chinese and i gotta stop bitting my nails lol...

damd i hope the new phone im getting has atleast an updated rom....