The Omnia is back

Guest vinaymanro

Guest itsnotmeeee
thumb_03-Aug-2009_pc_capture73.jpg

I had only just posted about the first hands on with the all new Samsung Omnia II, when I find the first full-blown review of the handset!

The original Samsung Omnia turned out to be one of the most popular Windows Mobile devices ever. Why? It had everything: a slick form factor, terrific multimedia capabilities, speed, extra memory, terrific photo quality, and an interesting widget interface. Samsung is back with the second iteration of the Omnia, and with many upgrades. The Omnia II i8000 sports a next-generation AMOLED high resolution display, a more deeply integrated custom interface and a plethora of widget choices that should allow anyone to customize the home screen to their heart's content. The device has a lot to promise, but does it deliver?

thumb_03-Aug-2009_pc_capture1.jpgthumb_03-Aug-2009_pc_capture2.jpgthumb_03-Aug-2009_pc_capture17.jpg

The above screenshots look really juicy (not just the one with oranges in!) and that is just a small selection! There are many more, showcasing how far Samsung have gone in providing a UI for almost everything!

Read the full review

[Via PocketNow]

Guest NocturnalEnigma

That fancy new UI looks very similar to the previous version of TouchWiz, but with extra bandwagon jumping. I hate to sound negative, but Samsung appear to be taking the best or most distinctive features from other interfaces and failing to implement them properly. I certainly don't see anything that would tempt me away from the Touch HD. Maybe you had to be there...

Oh, and I believe those are kumquats. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.