Battery (spare part) wanted

Guest xdalover

Guest xdalover

Up to now it seems that batteries for replacement are not in the market yet.

But the Toshiba's Web page announce batteries as an accessory. (??)

Battery life was a disaster in my previous device, so I use to carry with a fresh battery in the pocket. I feel much more safe with it thinking in an unexpected problem as a traffic jam... With the TG01 I feel safe, but I'd like to buy one for long trips or so...

The advantage of a forum like this in English,is that thousands of people around the world are sharing something as a new device, and we are all in permanent contact. So if any of you browsing on the net or in a phisical shop his/her country has news about çTG01 batteries (and battery charger, of course) please inform us ASAP!!!

Thank You!!

Guest xdalover
There are here ! http://www.pocketgames.jp/item_detail/itemId,800/

Can you read japanease ? TG01 = T-01A(japanease model name)

No. I'm afraid that I can't....but Google...Yes! he CAN! Thank you for the information: This double battery (2000mAh) exceeds my expectations!! And even with the added cover, thickness is still narrower that my previous device!! I wonder if the free space between the new cover and the device can be used to carry with memory cards, and so on...

By the way, what about standard 1000mAh batteries, can they be also found in Japan?

Thank you for your support, It's nice having folks in Japan!

post-571834-1249723439_thumb.jpg

Guest SinSilla

Form follows function at its best :) Looking like that TG01 is pregnant with twins...(somehow it is hehe)

Nevertheless, Kudos to ise_fuji for pointing us in the right direction.

Guest barny stumble

Methinks this may be a good buy!!! At least I would get a FULL day with my phone...(Only as I like showing it off to all my friends!!) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elite-fusion

anyone know where i can get a crystal case at least or a silicone case for the phone shipped to USA because looks like only being shipped to Europe but im in USA and i need a case :D

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know if the 2000m battery can be shipped to USA?

It can. i contacted the store in Japan.

The battery will cost $77.36 and shipping using FedEx is $65.

They will only ship using FedEx.

I could not find this battery anywhere else and it is not cheap.

• 1 month later...
Guest pcmarcel

Ordered and paid one on 9/22/09.

Still haven't received it but they said at sale that delivery would be mid October.

Will call this Monday to see when I get it.

I'll keep you informed.

Guest Medved77
Good News!!!

Mugen has already stock of the new 1300mAh battery standard size for TG01!!!! Who will be the first?

http://www.mugenpowerbatterijen.nl/

Please report !!!!

Just bought mine (1300mAh version) - Don't live in the EU so total order came to £21.93. I'm sure we'll see these batteries available cheaper on ebay in the coming months.

In the meantime I need to find myself an external charger!

Guest Neil5459

I don't want to be negative e-f, but don't go near the 2nd one you list- it has been pretty much slated in reviews as being unreliable and very slow.

Not sure about any of the others!

Guest Alexban

Hi, when you'll get it, can you take some pictures holding the phone with the battery attached to it? - because it seems that this battery is huge :)

Of course I'd be very interested to know how much it lasts because the standard battery won't last more then 4 hours of heavy usage (with brightness at 25% !)

Also, can you tell me how much did it cost including shipping and how much time did it take to arrive ?

Thank you,

Alexban

Thanks for reminding about Mugen!

Just bought the HLI-TG01XL/B 3900mAh Battery for Toshiba TG01 from

http://www.mugenpowerbatterijen.nl/

Guest Medved77
Just bought mine (1300mAh version) - Don't live in the EU so total order came to £21.93. I'm sure we'll see these batteries available cheaper on ebay in the coming months.

In the meantime I need to find myself an external charger!

I've had the new 1300mAh version for a week now. I now get 2.5 days use without charge compared to 1.5 days previous, strange as there is only a 30% increase in mAh over the stock version.

Mugen have describe the following as the best way to get the maximum charge from your battery:

".... please charge the battery in the device for at least 8 hours until fully charged using the mains power adaptor. After fully charged for the first time, please use the device until the device tells you the battery is very low, then recharge until fully charged. Never drain the battery completely to 0%. Repeat this process for 2-3 more times, where after you can recharge the battery whenever required.

When using your device for longer periods of time (week or more) continuously on the mains power supply, please remove the battery or use the device on battery power until recharge is necessary once in 2 weeks."

Has anyone bought the 3900mAh version yet, how many days can you get?

Also I posted a link previously for really cheap replacement batteries, anyone tried that site yet?

Edited by Medved77