Not a newb and still need help

Guest vincegut

Guest vincegut

1. Ive been reading these forums since march and keeping tabs on everything, but I can't find an answer to my problem. Although I see alot of i900 users had this problem. No matter what rom I flash to, the caller id doesnt recognize the numbers, and now icontact sees the names but has no information when you click on the names. I read that the omnia has different phonebooks but they didnt explain how to fix. I just downloaded two registry editors but have no idea where to begin. This has been going on for a month now and I'm running out of ideas. Oh and Im running bgills m2d v1.3cf wm 6.5

2. Also, do I have to flash the new verizon update? or can I stick with the original flash I used from the idoctor's firmware, cc20 and keep flashing to the custom roms?

PS you guys are all doing a great job, its just hard to keep up with everyone and everything. I step away for a few days and I feel completely lost again with the new versions of roms out.

Guest vincegut
You can just fine, just the "aGPS" with google maps doesn't work.

Yeah, I just did the verizon upgrade yesterday....and then flashed to bgill's m2d v1.5cf still no luck with my contacts problem. I even did a hard reset of my main memory and storage card then did a restore with the system settings, then again with out restoring the system settings. That only fixed the icontact problem, but still no caller id. If anyone has any suggestions PPPPLLLEEEAASSEEE help.

Guest bga7x
Yeah, I just did the verizon upgrade yesterday....and then flashed to bgill's m2d v1.5cf still no luck with my contacts problem. I even did a hard reset of my main memory and storage card then did a restore with the system settings, then again with out restoring the system settings. That only fixed the icontact problem, but still no caller id. If anyone has any suggestions PPPPLLLEEEAASSEEE help.

doing restores can break the rom, as there are settings that have change and reg edits as well! only back up your contacts and emails, and texts

Guest Lisbian08

Could you give a list of everything you have installed on your phone currently.

Guest vincegut
Could you give a list of everything you have installed on your phone currently.

Just the verizon update with bgill's m2d v1.5cf rom. I reformatted my storage drive to clear all programs and did a hard reset to my main memory too. So I have only what comes with bgill's rom. Im just wondering if I somehow messed up the phone book. Even when doing just the contacts and messages restore it doesnt work. This is the only thing holding me back from really enjoying this phone

Guest necosino

reflash bgill's ROM, and when you restore the backup, only restore your contacts/sms/emails, Don't restore any system settings as this will really mess things up.

Guest vincegut
reflash bgill's ROM, and when you restore the backup, only restore your contacts/sms/emails, Don't restore any system settings as this will really mess things up.

Alright I'll try that later on today, I have to head out now. thanks for the advice