amAze GPS - free GPS Navigation

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_05-Aug-2009_Amazegps.jpg

I thought I was having a severe case of deja-vu as I'm sure I have used this software before, but read some recent news items on the "recently released turn-by-turn navigation software".:)

What it seems to be is Portuguese mobile network Optimus has done a deal with amAze to use their software, but it seems to be the same version that is available on the main site as I can't notice any differences, and the version number is still 4.5, although version 5.0 is being worked on.

It actually works well on my device, other than the voice can be a bit quiet, but it's better than no voice at all!

So take your pick, brush up on your Portuguese and download from dl.locationet.com/optimus
or if you prefer English from amAze.

Via [WMPowerUser]

Guest G1LIW

Here's the main problem for a lot of folks - it's NOT an off-line package. It downloads maps over your data connection, and this WILL eat up your monthly bandwidth allocation. For most of us in the UK with our hideously restrictive data bandwidth allotments therefore, it's not a practical solution.

Guest lpachuong
Here's the main problem for a lot of folks - it's NOT an off-line package. It downloads maps over your data connection, and this WILL eat up your monthly bandwidth allocation. For most of us in the UK with our hideously restrictive data bandwidth allotments therefore, it's not a practical solution.

I hve an Omnia i900. Do i need to have an external GPS device or just need to install this software?

Guest G1LIW

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia-2422.php

Your phone has built-in GPS with A-GPS support. You don't need an external unit. you can therefore load the software to your phone without having to get more hardware. You still have the problem of downloading the maps every time you want to use the package, of course, as you would with say, Google Maps, et al.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darlene

Nowadays privacy is an important thing. Every one has his or her little secret that he doesn’t want others to know. We can lock up our home, computer, or mobile. I can also lock up my ZorroGPS software. Otherwise, others may peep at my contact person, home address or recent destinations. My ZorroGPS can do more. It can automatically switch off the lock when I am near my home or company. Isn’t it marvelous?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.