email notifications help

Guest gavinfabl

Guest gavinfabl

If I use the HTC email app I get the trackball flashing with new email and the mail icon shows number of unread email .

Using the gmail app I get a flashing led green but not the trackball. I also get the @ sign in the notificcation bar . With HTC email app I get a white letter show for less than a second in the top bar and it appears that the only way to stop the trackball flashing is examining the notifications in top bar even if there is none showing.

What I want to know is ; with the gmail app can you get the trackball to flash and get a mail counter on the screen like the HTC one. And shkuld the HTC email app display email icon in top notifications bar until dismissed. If this is meant to happen my Hero is not working right.

Any help guidance or confirming appreciative.

All notifications appear in the top bar (which you can drag down, right?) until they are dismissed.

I don't think you can get a counter or flashing trackball for GMail... but IIRC I saw a counter icon app in the market?

P

Guest gavinfabl

Thanks Paul.

I dont think I am getting new email icons in the top bar all the time. somethings adrift. Also the alarm didnt go off at 6.50am the other day until I press standy on.

• 2 months later...
Thanks Paul.

I dont think I am getting new email icons in the top bar all the time. somethings adrift. Also the alarm didnt go off at 6.50am the other day until I press standy on.

is there a way to get the LED to flash when receiving mail via the htc mail as opposed to the gmail app?