[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

Guest Michelle My Belle

Hi Jumba,

Quick question - you might be able to answer or someone else maybe...?

If I install JML Panel and don't activate one of the skins, I have noticed that the clock in the wm 6.5 panel (errr the JML planel) updates up to 30 seconds before the M$ clock (in the top right corner), have you or anyone else seen this?

It's not a problem - I just wondered why I've seen this, that's all?

Regards,

Michelle My Belle

Edited by Michelle My Belle

Guest contable
That is GRadz's dusk taskbar, it is really cool, I use it as well. It is right here (along with a lot of other stuff):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1047519

P.S. I have that white box offset thing going on as well, I will try running the install script later and see what happens!!

BTW...whatever happened to the speed-dial panel?? I am really curious about that one!!!!

Take a look at V1.0 of the SPEEDDIAL -Plugin. I will release it soon.

Greetz

contable

post-502784-1252533685_thumb.png

Guest syrguy1969

contable....GREAT looking stuff....can't wait!!!

I think I finally got things working!!! I figured out the I had the mscr files labeled incorrectly...I fixed that, and fixed the BT + wi-fi buttons!!

I got the email to be directed to my gmail : all it took was changing this:

EmailPNG=%WINDOWS%\tmail.exe;-service "activesync"

to

EmailPNG=%WINDOWS%\tmail.exe;-service "Gmail"

simple as that....wow!!!!

Here it is...all buttons working, weather set to my location, auto update, and the clocks/time I want:

working.png

contable....GREAT looking stuff....can't wait!!!

I think I finally got things working!!! I figured out the I had the mscr files labeled incorrectly...I fixed that, and fixed the BT + wi-fi buttons!!

I got the email to be directed to my gmail : all it took was changing this:

EmailPNG=%WINDOWS%\tmail.exe;-service "activesync"

to

EmailPNG=%WINDOWS%\tmail.exe;-service "Gmail"

simple as that....wow!!!!

Here it is...all buttons working, weather set to my location, auto update, and the clocks/time I want:

working.png

howd you get auto update to work

howd you get auto update to work

Please check the FAQ in the first post. :)

Great stuff, sirguy!

P.S. I have that white box offset thing going on as well, I will try running the install script later and see what happens!!

I think it's also because you have a non-standard focus bar. :) At least that might be the reason...

If I install JML Panel and don't activate one of the skins, I have noticed that the clock in the wm 6.5 panel (errr the JML planel) updates up to 30 seconds before the M$ clock (in the top right corner), have you or anyone else seen this?

Hi MMB, I have never seen this before. I will mention it to the devs and see what they say.

Now... let me go and check out that GRadd taskbar...

Edited by Jumba

got it working jumba you are the man these skins are boombangalanging srguy what rom you using i to am having that white box off centered as well also if you can see the focus bar is off centered just like mine

Edited by maxtcee

got it working jumba you are the man these skins are boombangalanging srguy what rom you using i to am having that white box off centered as well also if you can see the focus bar is off centered just like mine

Hey man, glad to hear you got it sorted! I'm going to ask the devs about the white box issue, I'm sure they'll have an answer for us.

Hey, here's a special something for all fellow Omnia users. Analog_Clock_7 :) in blue and Analog Clock 8 in white/grey.

jmltoday-9-1-2.jpgjmltoday-9-2-1.jpg

Install to "Device" and press Update to see the change.

Analog_Clock_7.CAB

Analog_Clock_8.CAB

Edited by Jumba

Heya gcouch, wow that looks really good. Personally I'd prefer it if there was no white box when you click an icon. :) But it's hard-coded into JMLPanex. Hopefully JMHL will release a version that doesn't have this.

Or do you mean the highlight at the bottom of the icon that's there whether the icon is active or not?

Please share your .plg when you're done. :)

Edit: Oh wait now I see it, that's strange, mine doesn't show down there. But then again my icons were originally lower. Try running the install script for JMLPanex again (in the JMLPanex install folder).

I also see you have a non-standard bronzeres.dll (focus bar) - that may be confusing JMLPanex...

Very nice taskbar, is that WA3?

Cheers Jumba.....tried running the install script but same thing happens.......i agree it doesn't need the white box.......will have to wait for the next version :)

Need to find another skin to play around with now........caught the bug :)

.plg attached as requested ;)

JMLToday_Jumba_Solo_Digital_2.zip

Cheers Jumba.....tried running the install script but same thing happens.......i agree it doesn't need the white box.......will have to wait for the next version :)

Need to find another skin to play around with now........caught the bug :)

.plg attached as requested ;)

JMLToday_Jumba_Solo_Digital_2.zip

Cool, thanks for the .plg. Why not try creating your own skins from scratch? :) As you've already figured out, it's really quite easy to do. :)

Hi Michelle, yes I have considered Nixie Clock - I was running the S2U2 version for a while:

interface1-green-screengrab2.png

I think it would work well but may not be for everyone's taste, but I'll look at converting it anyway. What I'm really looking for is something with the clean lines of the two new analog clocks. Will post what I find. :)

Jumba/Michelle........have had a quick go with the Nixie Clock.......and it could look pretty cool with a bit of playing around :)

Now is it possible to change the colour to a shade of green to go with my background ?? :)

post-552564-1252616706_thumb.png

Jumba/Michelle........have had a quick go with the Nixie Clock.......and it could look pretty cool with a bit of playing around :)

Now is it possible to change the colour to a shade of green to go with my background ?? :)

post-552564-1252616706_thumb.png

Now that is seriously good looking. :) I was busy converting the Nixie clock myself, but thanks for doing it! It's great that you are keen to contribute towards making our skins better. Maybe if you've got a minute take a look at this post at XDA-Devs. It explains how to easily cab your skins/clocks/etc. so you can share them with others in an installable package. It's really not that hard to accomplish - just edit a text file and drag it over the Cab Wizard. :)

Once again awesome work.

Edit: Regarding changing the colour to green, you can try opening the files in your image editor and adjusting the Hue until it's the shade you want.

But if you prefer, check the attached files...

c9-1.jpgc9-2.jpg

nixie_green.zip

nixie_green_2.zip

Edited by Jumba

Guest Michelle My Belle
Now that is seriously good looking. :) I was busy converting the Nixie clock myself, but thanks for doing it! It's great that you are keen to contribute towards making our skins better. Maybe if you've got a minute take a look at this post at XDA-Devs. It explains how to easily cab your skins/clocks/etc. so you can share them with others in an installable package. It's really not that hard to accomplish - just edit a text file and drag it over the Cab Wizard. :)

Once again awesome work.

Edit: Regarding changing the colour to green, you can try opening the files in your image editor and adjusting the Hue until it's the shade you want.

c9-1.jpgc9-2.jpg

Oh, oh, oh, that looks cool.

If it could be cab'd - and especially in original + the two shades of green - wow!

Guys this looks great.

I think it makes a worthy addition...

Michelle My Belle

Hello tnx for this great ui

I have one question cant find how to change the temerature format form f to c

i dont know if i even opened the right file to edit

can you help pls

tnx

p.s. if you could tell me in which line this is or something

Edited by hinder

Hello tnx for this great ui

I have one question cant find how to change the temerature format form f to c

i dont know if i even opened the right file to edit

can you help pls

tnx

p.s. if you could tell me in which line this is or something

Hi, thanks for the feedback! :)

If you check the F.A.Q. in the first post it explains how to change F to C.

You need to edit the file "JMLToday.ini" in your JMLToday install folder. This is most probably \Program Files\JMLToday

It's a plain text file. You can open it by browsing your device using ActiveSync from your PC, or you can edit it on your device using Word Mobile - just rename the file from JMLtoday.ini to JMLToday.txt (you may need to use a 3rd party file explorer like Resco Explorer or Total Commander to see the file extension) and then open it in Word.

Look for the line "weathertemp=F" and change the F to C.

Then save the file again. If using Word Mobile it will ask you if you want to save it in Word format - choose NO.

Finally rename your file back to "JMLToday.ini" - go back to JMLToday and hit Update. :)

Thanks for the fast reply but i still cant find any word with weather in my ini file... probably i am not looking at the right file or something.

There is only one file with the name JMLtoday in the whole directory tho

Nvm solved was checking the wrong file tnx again for your time

Edited by hinder

Guest natzakaria

Just tried this awesome skin today

But my C.Manag.. software key at the bottom gives error? Says CommManagerLink cannot be opened

Any advise on how to fix this?

Edited by natzakaria

Once again awesome work.

c9-1.jpgc9-2.jpg

Thanks Jumba glad you like it ;)

I have followed the link, and attempted to cab the Nixie Clock.......just to see if i can do it for now :)

It appears to cab ok, and installs ok on my phone, however the clock doesn't change from the digital one i am using :) Any advice ?

EDIT: think i have got it now........changed the install path so it overwrites your digital clock files. Is it possible to install it to its own file, but becomes the default clock ?

Edited by gcouch

Just tried this awesome skin today

But my C.Manag.. software key at the bottom gives error? Says CommManagerLink cannot be opened

Any advise on how to fix this?

Hi, I must remember to add this to the F.A.Q - if you use a registry editor (like PHM Registry Editor) and go to \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday\Page1 - you will see 2 entries - SK2URL and SK2TXT. URL points to the location of the app you want to launch with the right softkey and TXT is the text that appears on the screen. :)

Thanks Jumba glad you like it :P

I have followed the link, and attempted to cab the Nixie Clock.......just to see if i can do it for now :)

It appears to cab ok, and installs ok on my phone, however the clock doesn't change from the digital one i am using :) Any advice ?

EDIT: think i have got it now........changed the install path so it overwrites your digital clock files. Is it possible to install it to its own file, but becomes the default clock ?

Great stuff, I am glad you are cabbing it. :)

Important, all items must go in their own folders - do not overwrite any files. For your clock I would have it install to a folder like clock.gcouchNixie - then add a line into your .inf to set the registry key \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday\clock - to "clock.gcouchNixie".

That's all. ;) The user will need to press Update or reinstall their skin to see the changes.

jumba in auto uopdate when you say set time you mean time of day or how many mins apart to update

Hey dude, the time is time of the day. By default it's set to 00:35 - or 12:23am. :(

Edited by Jumba

Great stuff, I am glad you are cabbing it. :)

Important, all items must go in their own folders - do not overwrite any files. For your clock I would have it install to a folder like clock.gcouchNixie - then add a line into your .inf to set the registry key \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday\clock - to "clock.gcouchNixie".

That's all. :) The user will need to press Update or reinstall their skin to see the changes.

Cheers Jumba that fixed it......was missing the Registry Key bit :)

Been playing with the green nixie clocks.......not sure which one i prefer now :)

Just need to sort the landscape layout now.......

post-552564-1252743232_thumb.pngpost-552564-1252743525_thumb.png

Master Jumba !

Thank you for the great Analog Duo Skin. I installed the new JML Panex App and modified the cpr.file of your skin. So it´s working fine in Portrait-Mode. For Landscape-Mode I could do it, too. All the notifier-buttons are clickable and working well on my i900. The only thing I removed in the registry is the panelPNG. I can edit the cpr.file, but I don´t know how to make a cab.file of the whole skin.

If somebody can tell me how I can make a cab.file of the whole skin, I could post it.

Check out the attached Screenshots, my cpr.file and the pnx.file. For me the JML Panex is the biggest improvement of the last weeks.

Keep on doing your great work !!!

contable

hey can you post that wigdet panel cab shtz sweet