[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

Hi, I'm sorry where is this file :) "Jumba_Analog_Duo_WQVGA.plg"

heh, are you sure you want to try this? The skin file is a text file called "Jumba_Analog_Duo_WQVGA.plg" - it can be found in your \Program Files\JMLToday folder.

Guest Diggedy

thanks mate that worked.

Ive tried installing your glass icons but when I do that the whole JML today panel is not clickable, I get no menus. Any idea whats causing this?

not present this file "Jumba_Analog_Duo_WQVGA.plg" in Program Files\JMLToday folder

be5f423c10b9a5ae9f5663daa8dbd1c0.JPG

Hi, the file is "JMLToday_Jumba_Analog_duo.plg" :)

Ive tried installing your glass icons but when I do that the whole JML today panel is not clickable, I get no menus. Any idea whats causing this?

No idea, sorry. Maybe try a re-install? Do you have JMLPanex installed?

Guest Diggedy
No idea, sorry. Maybe try a re-install? Do you have JMLPanex installed?

A full reinstall fixed it, this time I didnt install jmlpanex, maybe that was the cause.

One more question good sir, on the jml today panel one of the buttons on the bottom of the screen is for comm manager but I dont have it installed. Could you tell me which comm manager it is looking for or how I can edit the button to point to another program?

A full reinstall fixed it, this time I didnt install jmlpanex, maybe that was the cause.

One more question good sir, on the jml today panel one of the buttons on the bottom of the screen is for comm manager but I dont have it installed. Could you tell me which comm manager it is looking for or how I can edit the button to point to another program?

Hi again,

The autor of the app is using an HTC device which comes standard with Comm Manager - you can install it for Omnia if your rom doesn't have it cooked in, but I personally prefer e-Natives Showcase.

To change the right softkey go to /HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome/JMLToday/Page1/ and change SK2URL to the path of the application you want to use, and SK2TXT to the text you want to be displayed. :)

The expanded skin is coming along nicely... a little something for the folks who don't want dual clocks. :)

jmltoday-7-4.jpg

Guest tingchung_chin
Hi again,

The autor of the app is using an HTC device which comes standard with Comm Manager - you can install it for Omnia if your rom doesn't have it cooked in, but I personally prefer e-Natives Showcase.

To change the right softkey go to /HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome/JMLToday/Page1/ and change SK2URL to the path of the application you want to use, and SK2TXT to the text you want to be displayed. ;)

The expanded skin is coming along nicely... a little something for the folks who don't want dual clocks. :(

jmltoday-7-4.jpg

looks very nice, waiting for it :)

can you share the bacground as well, the seaview just "fit" with this, and i love it very very much!!!! :) :) :)

Guest smilegod
Hi again,

To change the right softkey go to /HKLM/Software/Microsoft/CHome/JMLToday/Page1/ and change SK2URL to the path of the application you want to use, and SK2TXT to the text you want to be displayed. :)

The expanded skin is coming along nicely... a little something for the folks who don't want dual clocks. :)

jmltoday-7-4.jpg

WOW Jumba Amazing work :)

Looking forward to using this skin :)

Hi all, here's the first release of Jumba_Solo - an expanded homescreen with a single analog clock and 4-day weather forecast. Portrait and landscape supported. :)

jmltoday-7-5.jpgjmltoday-7-9.jpg

jmltoday-8-2.jpgjmltoday-8-3.jpg

Now this one's a bit different to the others, so you'll need to create some blank panels with CHome Editor to get it to display correctly.

If you don't have an Omnia with Standard Titanium (i.e. no extra wide focus bar like you have if you have WM7 or Bliss installed) then it's probably not worth trying this skin. It is designed solely with standard titanium in mind. If you're not sure which you have, check these screenshots - if the focus bar in the middle looks different then it's probably not going to look good on your device.

That out of the way, what you'll need to do is complete steps 1 and 2 in Post #1 in this thread. Then create another 3 blank panels with CHome Editor, just like the first, and position them below JMLToday. This is important as it will create room for JMLToday to run fullscreen. Another method is, using CHome Editor, to disable all other panels except for JMLToday. You can always enable them again later if you want. :)

Next, install Katra's Weather Icons from Post #1 if you haven't already.

Install Jumba_Glass_Icons from post #1 if you haven't already.

Then install the three cabs from this post. First, the analog clock, then the icon update, then the skin. You can also use the wallpapers if you want.

Select the skin in JMLToday and hit update. Enjoy! :) Let me know if you have any problems.

4_Jumba_Solo_Wallpaper.zip

3_Jumba_Solo_WQVGA.CAB

2_Jumba_Solo_Icon_Update.CAB

1_Jumba_Analog_Clock_5.CAB

4_Jumba_Solo_Wallpaper_2.zip

Edited by Jumba

Guest Diggedy
Hi all, here's the first release of Jumba_Solo - an expanded homescreen with a single analog clock and 4-day weather forecast. Portrait and landscape supported. :)

jmltoday-7-5.jpgjmltoday-7-9.jpg

jmltoday-7-7.jpgjmltoday-7-8.jpg

Now this one's a bit different to the others, so you'll need to create some blank panels with CHome Editor to get it to display correctly.

If you don't have an Omnia with Standard Titanium (i.e. no extra wide focus bar like you have if you have WM7 or Bliss installed) then it's probably not worth trying this skin. It is designed solely with standard titanium in mind. If you're not sure which you have, check these screenshots - if the focus bar in the middle looks different then it's probably not going to look good on your device.

That out of the way, what you'll need to do is complete steps 1 and 2 in Post #1 in this thread. Then create another 3 blank panels with CHome Editor, just like the first, and position them below JMLToday. This is important as it will create room for JMLToday to run fullscreen. Another method is, using CHome Editor, to disable all other panels except for JMLToday. You can always enable them again later if you want. :)

Next, install Katra's Weather Icons from Post #1 if you haven't already.

Install Jumba_Glass_Icons from post #1 if you haven't already.

Then install the three cabs from this post. First, the analog clock, then the icon update, then the skin. You can also use the wallpaper if you want.

Select the skin in JMLToday and hit update. Enjoy! :) Let me know if you have any problems.

very sweet jumba. Is it possible to make the buttons clickable on here using panex?

To be honest, I can't spell it out more clearly than it is in post #1. But here's a brief summary:

Most important, everything must be installed to "Device", not to "My Storage" or "Storage Card".

First make sure you've installed Mortscript (you probably won't have to since many roms come with it already cooked in), JMLToday and JMLLibrary (links are in the first post). Click on the JMLToday panel and follow the steps to set it up.

Download and install JMLPanex from the first post of this thread. Then open the folder where it's installed to (should be \Program Files\JMLPanex) and click the file "JMLPanexForPlugin.mscr" - select "JMLToday", press OK, select "All", press OK.

Now JMLToday is setup to use JMLPanex for compatible skins.

Follow step 2 from the first post of this thread to create a blank panel under JMLToday. Repeat this step 3 times to add another 3 panels. Either that, or open CHome Editor and disable all other panels except for JMLToday. Use the drop down box in CHome Editor's main screen to do this.

Download and install these .cab files from the first post: "3_Jumba___Katra__s_Weather_Icons_v2.cab" and " 4_Jumba_Glass_Icons.CAB "

Download and install these cabs from post #163 above: "1_Jumba_Analog_Clock_5.CAB", "2_Jumba_Solo_Icon_Update.CAB", "3_Jumba_Solo_WQVGA.CAB". The files "4_Jumba_Solo_Wallpaper/2.zip" contain the wallpaper files if you want to use them.

Finally, click on the JMLToday panel and select Settings > Change Skin - select JMLToday_Jumba_Solo and click OK. You may need to click the panel and select Update to see all the changes.

Hope that helps, good luck. :)

Edited by Jumba

Nice, grop. :) Glad to see you got Slanted up and running. There's a small problem with Titanium in that newer roms display things slightly differently compared to older ones. This means a skin like Slanted that requires pixel perfect alignment of the digits to look its best can end up looking a bit messy on the latest roms. Oh well, it was just an experiment really to see how it would look. But do try the new skin. Hopefully soon I'll be able to add more pages, then JMLToday will really take off.

I'm also working on a cab that will take care of adding blank panels for you. Almost got it worked out.

Edited by Jumba

Here's an update for JMLPanex which enables the bluetooth and wifi icons - now when you press them they toggle through the various bluetooth and wifi modes. :)

Just unzip the attached file to your JMLPanex install folder - should be \Program Files\JMLPanex - and the buttons should be enabled. Enjoy!

JMLToday.pnx.zip

Guest Michelle My Belle

Hi Jumba,

Quick and hopefully not too silly question...

... Is there an option to select which analog clock you want to display on either solo or duo skins?

So far I've been manually editing the files to ensure I see my preference...

... And excellent work sir. Love where this is going.

Michelle My Belle

Edited by Michelle My Belle

Guest Diggedy

Thanks jumba, that works well.

Might be a good idea to consolidate all your links and guides to the first post for others who come across this thread.

Ive always been a m2d man, I never liked titanium but your solo skin for JML today has changed my mind completely. excellent work.

Edited by Diggedy

Hi Jumba,

Quick and hopefully not too silly question...

... Is there an option to select which analog clock you want to display on either solo or duo skins?

So far I've been manually editing the files to ensure I see my preference...

... And excellent work sir. Love where this is going.

Michelle My Belle

Heya, thanks for the comments. :) Changing the clock is easy, just re-install the cab of the one you want. This will set it as the primary clock.

Or, you can change the registry key to point to the new clock. Change: \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday\ClockA to point to your clock folder. e.g. "clockA.Analog_Clock_5". To change the background clock change the "ClockAO" entry. :)

Thanks jumba, that works well.

Might be a good idea to consolidate all your links and guides to the first post for others who come across this thread.

Ive always been a m2d man, I never liked titanium but your solo skin for JML today has changed my mind completely. excellent work.

Cool stuff, Diggedy, Titanium is much more interersting than M2D. ;)

I made the error of not reserving the first few posts, so unfortunately things have gotten a bit spread out. I am definitely looking at simplifying and consolidating everything.

Thanks Jumba.

Out of flashing new ROM, so going to add your new awesome Solo clock.

Pleasure iandy, hope you try it out!

once again, you did it, Jumba, bravo! :)

Thanks tingchung_chin, it's a lot of fun! I'm happy to see others using these skins that I wish I had more time for. :)

Edited by Jumba

Guest RoSoMaK

Hi Jumba

Nice theme :) and whether it will Digital solo ??

I have a ridiculous situation, I gave blank2 and blank3 the CHome editor but does not display the entire background as a solo :)

Edited by RoSoMaK