rSAP on the TG01? VW group car owners...

Guest Fellwalker

Guest Fellwalker

I am getting a bluetooth hands-free phone system in my new car. Skoda is sadly part of the VW group and I have since found that to use the VW system the phone has to be able to use rSAP, which is remote SIM access protocol.

Toshiba tell me by email that the TG01 does NOT support it. Nokia seem to be pretty much the only phone company that have it available out of the box.

I did find a link on Briskoda (the British Skoda owners forum). http://briskoda.net/superb-ii/howto-get-rs...-mobile/131709/ This suggests you can add a file to a windows mobile 6.1 phone, and get it working. My current phone is an old Motorola, and I have an HP hx4700 so the TG01 looks to give me both feature sets in one improved model.

As Modaco seems to be the major source for up to date information on the TG01 I am hoping that someone out there has a VW car with bluetooth, and has got rSAP working on their TG01.

If so, could you post and let me know? I can then pass that information on to other Briskodians and help my fellow motorists.