Dutch to English Firmware update

Guest Ewski

Hi All,

I am trying to change the firmware on my Omnia. I have a Dutch version, and while I previously managed to change it to English, since having it repaired, they installed a newer firmware version, and now I can't do it (incorrectect version messages etc).

I've been trying to follow this post for instructions, but am having some trouble, and would REALLY appreciate some assistance! My Dutch is not so good, and it's a nightmare having my phone in the wrong language :angry:

I have edited the registry on the phone so when I go into version, it now says,

PDA: i900XKHJ3/XXHG1

TELEFOON: i900XXHI4

And I've extracted the update.exe file for DZIA5, but when I use the hex editor, it finds no mention of i900XX. What is the next step I need to do instead?

Any help would really be versy much apprciated! I've tried to read all the posts in the thread to work out what I need to do, but I just cxan't work it out - all this technical stuff is not my forte :D

Many thanks

Ewski

Hi All,

I am trying to change the firmware on my Omnia. I have a Dutch version, and while I previously managed to change it to English, since having it repaired, they installed a newer firmware version, and now I can't do it (incorrectect version messages etc).

I've been trying to follow this post for instructions, but am having some trouble, and would REALLY appreciate some assistance! My Dutch is not so good, and it's a nightmare having my phone in the wrong language :angry:

I have edited the registry on the phone so when I go into version, it now says,

PDA: i900XKHJ3/XXHG1

TELEFOON: i900XXHI4

And I've extracted the update.exe file for DZIA5, but when I use the hex editor, it finds no mention of i900XX. What is the next step I need to do instead?

Any help would really be versy much apprciated! I've tried to read all the posts in the thread to work out what I need to do, but I just cxan't work it out - all this technical stuff is not my forte :D

Many thanks

Ewski

And to add, the original version (before I regedited it) is XKHJ3/XKHJ3.

Have been trying everything to try and sort this out ;) Will getting unlocked help? Or would a shop be able to sort all this out for me...I'm willing to paaaaay!!!!

Guest Bouvrie

I flashed my Omnia to English without problem. Basically when I flashed my first (english) custom ROM, the (Windows XP) update executable didn't mind the Dutch rom on the phone already. It just flashed, no questions asked?

I flashed my Omnia to English without problem. Basically when I flashed my first (english) custom ROM, the (Windows XP) update executable didn't mind the Dutch rom on the phone already. It just flashed, no questions asked?

Yup, same for me first time around. No issues at all, but since having it repaired and more up to date firmware being installed, it just wont accept anything I try.

Can no-one shead any light on this?

Guest Riotman

Try flashing your omnia with a custom rom. And if the custom Rom doesnt fit you. There should be no problem to flash your omnia with an official version with your choice's language :D

Edited by Riotman

Try flashing your omnia with a custom rom. And if the custom Rom doesnt fit you. There should be no problem to flash your omnia with an official version with your choice's language :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried flashing with a custom ROM, and the installation just froze half way through. Tried it several times. Man, this phone is driving me mad...knew I should have got an iPhone.