Is there a way to select a default messaging/email account?

Guest sikittle

Guest sikittle

Hey,

So I have just one email account setup (plus Outlook Email, which seems to always be there even though I don't Outlook-sync my email).

However, every time I go to send an email it brings up the messaging account selector box, where I have to choose between SMS, MMS, and my one and only email account. This happens even though I'm sending an email.

Is there any way to stop this happening, and just get it to always pick my actual email account?

Thanks

Si

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sikittle
Try this: under Account Settings, you select the email account you want, and then click "Make Default."

Or select Message Center, and then select Set Up E-mail.

Hey

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain where I may find the Message Center? I found Account Settings, but there is no "Make Default" option. When I enter Account Settngs it simply runs through the settings for my only configured email account.

I only have one configured email account you see - my problem is that when I go to email someone it comes up with that "Messaging" window which lists:

* SMS account (greyed out)

* Email account

* MMS account

* New email account...

I'd just like this window to disappear and for it to pick the email account. SMS is greyed out (and yet still sometimes the selection starts on the SMS account), MMS can't send emails, and I don't want to have to tell WM that I don't want to create a new account every time I want to send an email.

Seems a bit crazy.