Rom (update - revert) and restoring produkt keys

Guest dokterdigital

Guest dokterdigital

Hello,

Currently I am running ShokkA9 WM6.5 ROM v18 DXID1.

I would like to try the latest ROM of Khuanchai WM6.5 ROM DXIF1

Is it possible to flash back to ShokkA9 DXID1 if I don't like Khuanchai's ROM.

Also if my mobile gets broken, can I flash back to the original ROM of Samsung. Or are there any tweaks needed here?

Another problem I have is restoring my product keys of installed software.

How can you restore these keys after flashing to new ROM?

I have a backup of the registry of Shokka9's ROM but this will give errors in registry if I import this file using Sashimi Autoinstaller.

Do you know where the produkt keys are stored on WM 6.5 so I can backup this file?

Thanks guys! :D

dr

Is it possible to flash back to ShokkA9 DXID1 if I don't like Khuanchai's ROM.
Yes.

Also if my mobile gets broken, can I flash back to the original ROM of Samsung.
Your phone can't brake but it can brick. If you do brick it you'll have to send it in for repairs. But I don't see it happening since you successfully flashed your phone at least once.

How can you restore these keys after flashing to new ROM?
You can't. All programs/apps use a different method of registration so it depends on your apps. Some save the information in the registry and some not so you can't save that information after flashing. Besides that restoring some registry keys seldom has any effect it will only produce clutter, unwanted and unneeded registry strings and performance problems. Edited by bpivk

Guest dokterdigital
Yes.

Your phone can't brake but it can brick. If you do brick it you'll have to send it in for repairs. But I don't see it happening since you successfully flashed your phone at least once.

You can't. All programs/apps use a different method of registration so it depends on your apps. Some save the information in the registry and some not so you can't save that information after flashing. Besides that restoring some registry keys seldom has any effect it will only produce clutter, unwanted and unneeded registry strings and performance problems.