Nokia 1661 for under a Tenner!

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

[teaser]

thumb_18-Aug-2009_extra3-nokia-1661-angle.jpg
Nokia 1661 for under a Tenner!

Some people like to own the most latest mobile phone. Others like to have a flashy phone to show off to their friends. But what about the other people who want a bog standard mobile phone that you can make phone calls, do some texting and listen to radio while on the move?

This is where Nokia 1661 comes in! A very simple mobile phone. No fancy, flashy and latest phone with some features that you don't really need. Just a very simple mobile phone that does the job and meets your needs.

The Nokia 1661 features an astonishing 65K colour screen. This display has amazing quality and clarity to make browsing images and video files a much more enjoyable experience. You will find yourself just looking at your phone for no apparent reason at all, but only just to enjoy the clearness of this display!

Nokia 1661 has a built in FM Radio. You can now listen to all your favourite FM radio stations right on your mobile phone. You also get a Nokia stereo headset in the box so you groove to the music with great sound quality.

And the 1661 is designed around an internal dual band antenna which allows it to be used around Europe on 900, 1800MHz frequencies.

A quick look at its features:

• Large keys - easy to use
  • Numeric keypad
  • Size: 1.8"
  • Resolution: 128 x 160 pixels
  • Up to 65,000 TFT
  • Dual-band EGSM 900/1800, GSM 850/1900
  • FM Radio
  • Up to 7 different games
  • UNLOCKED TO ANY NETWORKS!

Head over to our friends at Mobiles.co.uk [a] where you can grab it for under a tenner!

Not bad![/teaser]

Extra specs:

• Dimensions: 108 x 45 x 13.8 mm
    • Weight: 82 g
    • Main Display: TFT, 65K colours, 128 x 160 pixels, 1.8 inches
    • Memory: 8MB internal memory

What's in the box?

• Instruction Manual
    • Standard Li-ion Battery
    • Mains Charger
    • thumb_18-Aug-2009_nokia-1661.jpg18-Aug-2009_extra2-nokia-1661-front.jpg

Guest dave_a
If you (or anyone) do buy this, do let us know if it's locked or not. :D

It does say it is unlocked on the mobiles.co.uk website.

I am also thinking of this for my Mum however the listing says it has large keys but the only user reviews I can find say that they are small so would be interested in comments from people who have one of these.

Guest tsutton
It does say it is unlocked on the mobiles.co.uk website.

Ooo, very good catch! Must have missed that. Will update my post - thanks for pointing it out.

This makes the phone very good!

I am also thinking of this for my Mum however the listing says it has large keys but the only user reviews I can find say that they are small so would be interested in comments from people who have one of these.

I guess it depends on their definition of "large keys" and how big your fingers are. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.