OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Chances are, it won't work. I didn't look into TouchFLO 3D compatibility at all yet.

I like my i8000 a lot but new manila3d 2.5 (now it's "HTC Sense"

) looking great and very usefull. Will you look at this please?

Guest GinKage
I like my i8000 a lot but new manila3d 2.5 looking great and very usefull. Will you look at this please?

Tried to run TouchFLO 3D, quote, 1.3.35345.1_1630.38... Well, it even more or less works, though it renders clock wrong and is generally a bit slow (it load textures more or less often, and I need to decompress them on-the-fly; Qualcomm's processors don't need to do it, because the compressed format TouchFLO uses is it's own native format).

Tried to run TouchFLO 3D, quote, 1.3.35345.1_1630.38... Well, it even more or less works, though it renders clock wrong and is generally a bit slow (it load textures more or less often, and I need to decompress them on-the-fly; Qualcomm's processors don't need to do it, because the compressed format TouchFLO uses is it's own native format).

Hope that you'll work on this more =)

Thx for the on-going work.

Guest daskalos

@ Ginkage

Good news :P

With the new driver you gave, Xtrakt not only runs, but is now playable in Acer M900. Graphics were now fixed.

Though there's obvious frameskip (maybe minus 2-3 framerate than the speed in Xperia), it's fast enough and you can navigate and shoot enemies without lag or crashes. It seems FPU enabler also helps with rendering more speed.

What I notice was the graphics quality, did the driver adjust it to make it run in low memory. Comparing it with other Xtrakt videos, I notice that the graphics quality was like having a PC game that graphics configurations was set to medium. Can you adjust it to render more "anti-aliasing", (for I notice sharp edges)?

Other things worth mentioning are:

1. Some GL Benchmark test are faster (noticeable in the "Counter Strike" tests)

2. Seems SPB 3.5 3D carousel is faster too.

3. PocketCube (shooting game, reported by someone here in the thread) now launches in M900 but is unplayable and have graphic glitches. Back then, it was reported working in Omnia II, but not with M900.

So now maybe libgles_cm.dll v.2.04 for a release? (version with M900 support for Xtrakt)

Or is this version just optimized for low memory devices (like M900) and not really needed for Omnia II? ('cause it has more RAM)

Again thanks for the hardwork, and if you need me again as a tester, I would be gladly willing to report :D

Guest Michael Pang

@GinKage

That's absolutely a good news to us. Is it possible to pre-decompess those texture to files in order to speed up?

Guest GinKage
Is it possible to pre-decompess those texture to files in order to speed up?

I think it's possible. Though, the build of TouchFLO I tested had a size of 33 MB as is, and I had to do a wide cleanup on my device to install it.

Guest GinKage
So now maybe libgles_cm.dll v.2.04 for a release? (version with M900 support for Xtrakt)

Well, yes, probably. Not the way it is now on your device, though (as I realized later, it could just crash if the memory was still not enough), but it definetly worth it. Also, I want to look a bit into TouchFLO as well, maybe I can fix the clock issue. It should take me a day or two (or three), but the result will be a bit nicer. :D

Guest Albertri
Well, yes, probably. Not the way it is now on your device, though (as I realized later, it could just crash if the memory was still not enough), but it definetly worth it. Also, I want to look a bit into TouchFLO as well, maybe I can fix the clock issue. It should take me a day or two (or three), but the result will be a bit nicer. :D

If you need beta tester let me know :P

Guest Chainfire

Regarding TF3D, I'm currently playing with 2.5 myself. /TF3D/libgles_mn_vga/ (CFC 0.60 runtime) in SVN has been updated to support all the new image formats introduced in the new TF3D. I would have integrated it directly in the driver but I didn't want to muck with your code.

Also, seems the ATC unroll code is rather slow (it can be much further optimized) - though I would suggest just patching the files themselves. If you drop into IRC we can talk about it :D

I have the code laying around to embed any format of image data into QTC files, so pre-recompressing is not an issue...

Looks like TF3D isn't too far from us...even TF3D 2.5(sense)... Keep up the good work guys.

Edit: Any pics to make us drool?

Edited by Kel-

Guest NuShrike
Hm, I thought that DirectDraw is quite fast on Omnia 2.

Also, as I looked into eglSwapBuffers, what I found there was plain BitBlt, without any DirectDraw use.

This was a GDI Bitblit, and not a Directdraw bitblit? It could end up same in the driver, but this makes me uncomfortable.

Okay, I've caught the manbirdpig flu, but I think I have time away from work this weekend to poke at driver stuff again.

Guest Chainfire

They work fine without this driver? In that case they probably check for multiple drivers they can use, and erroneously pick this one over the others.

Guest Chainfire

NEWSFLASH

Cause we know some of you have been waiting:

Barring any strange issues, we will release a ported version of TouchFlo3D v1.3 sometime tomorrow!

True, it is an older version, but it's something :D

Guest GinKage

To add a little: in fact, with the compatibility layer version released tomorrow, you still can run an unmodified version of TF3D.

But the customized version will be smaller and run faster. :D

And, in fact, it will be a bit better-looking.

Edited by GinKage

Guest Michael Pang
To add a little: in fact, with the compatibility layer version released tomorrow, you still can run an unmodified version of TF3D.

But the customized version will be smaller and run faster. :D

And, in fact, it will be a bit better-looking.

wow, that's absolutely a great great news to us. 1.3 is good. btw is 2.5 very far away from us. i know my question is too early to ask.

would be good if we can have youtube video of it being demo.

good job. you are the man

v1.3, and tomorrow?

are you guys serious? what kind of work is that? we demand better, especially for the expensive price we pay!!!

NAAAAAA i'm just kidding :P amazing work guys thanks a lot.

You guys are kicking some but making our Omnia II awesome machines

Next step: i think we all agree we would like the X10 interface on our Omnia 2 (or at least Silvermoon) :D hahahahahah

Thank you all very much, you're doing great work.

!!!! And who is the BOSS???? !!!! фантастическая работа!!! чудесно сделано!!!

BTW. Now we wait for TF3D 2.6 and you will have living god status :D:D:D