OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest tacchan23
I didn't ever test it with F900, so I cannot say what's the problem.

But don't be sad, the carousel is completely useless anyway, because you cannot actually choose a panel, only rotate them.

And even if you could choose and launch a panel, the carosuel is the most useless thing I've ever seen anyway :)

Guest daskalos

When I'm playing Tower Defense (Acer M900) and because of inactivity (just watching slow strong tanks getting terminated by my ammos),and my phone sleeps (I've set auto sleep after 1 minute) and when I resume, there's no audio/music anything. To have audio again I must restart the game. If my phone accidentally sleeps again (this time after with no audio) and resumes, the game hangs.

Is this a game bug or a driver bug?

Guest GinKage
Is this a game bug or a driver bug?

How should I know? Neither I have M900, nor the game source code. :)

Although, my bet is on the game bug. Or, maybe, a bug in the audio driver. I don't see any way how OpenGL could be a reason.

Guest ProWang

I'm using ACER F900 with same 6410 cpu like M900 or i8000.

Is there any other program can locate the problem in detail of why could not start opengl program?

I've tried following two program with OpenGLESv1.cab run and replaced libgles_cm.dll with latest one. But when running these two program, os will report some componet is missing. It seem the driver could not work in F900, but it's strange why it can work in M900 with same manufacture and CPU?

# glBenchmark 1.0/1.1

# Xtrakt (my biggest success yet!)

Well, after check the device info, it shows the processor is s3c6410X5D

And i've found a small program names TestOpenGL in xda, when running this program, will give a error display of "could not found PInvoke dll libgles_cm.dll". Even if i put the libgles_cm.dll in the same directory, same error will be reported.

It is really strange..

Edited by ProWang

Guest da_mafkeez

i just installed a new build of opera mobile 9.7 (build 35523) that i found on xda, now my problems are gone and with the new 0.256 version of ginkage it works very well :) thanx!

Guest GinKage
I'm using ACER F900 with same 6410 cpu like M900 or i8000.

Is there any other program can locate the problem in detail of why could not start opengl program?

In short, even basic GL2 demos don't work on Acer F900. I.e., it doesn't have any appropriate GL2 drivers included, and the worst thing is, drivers from M900 or i8000 do not work either (instead of simply not starting an app, you'll only see a blank screen).

OK, guys, time for another update. This time the version number is 0.256 and, unlike last time, it is a minor yet highly recommended update!

I just gave this new version a try...and it seems to have a problem with the text routines in Xtrakt. In the version previous to 0.256, all the text rendered properly. Now it just displays blocks instead.

Guest ProWang
In short, even basic GL2 demos don't work on Acer F900. I.e., it doesn't have any appropriate GL2 drivers included, and the worst thing is, drivers from M900 or i8000 do not work either (instead of simply not starting an app, you'll only see a blank screen).

GinKage,Thanks.

It's really a disaster. If I found this web site earlier and knew this problem, I'll buy i8000 instead.

Anyway, thanks a lot, at least I can save time on this now :) !

Edited by ProWang

Do a soft-reset and/or free up some RAM. This issue happens from time to time, because Xtrakt is quite RAM-consuming.

Strange, just before putting on this new version I deleted the old one and did a soft-reset to make sure it wasn't in use and put on the new version. Then immediately tested and got the block-text. But then now (without doing another soft-reset) I tested and it worked properly. Oh well, glad to see it working properly...keep up the good work (love the HTC Sensor dll too)...

Guest da_mafkeez

ginkage, do you have an update ready for us? :D and do you also have the libgles_cl.dll file? because tony hawk pro skater 2 must have that file to play.

thank you :)

GinKage,Thanks.

It's really a disaster. If I found this web site earlier and knew this problem, I'll buy i8000 instead.

Anyway, thanks a lot, at least I can save time on this now :) !

try 6.5 rom. http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/e-ten-ace...-2-23506-a.html

0409 WWE base on Offical ROM Acer F900 2.001.00.EN.AAP2

This ROM include

1. OxiosMemory

2. vSnap

3. Acer BkupRsto

4. Acer Camera

5. AcerComm.Manager

6. Acer ConnectionsWizard3.5

7. Acer GSensorSetting

8. Acer MemoryOptimization

9. AcerQuickBacklight

10. AcerTaskManager

11. SJ_SamsungOmnia_Driver_D3D*

12. zlight*

13. sdkcerts

14. SKTools5*

15. Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3_3

16. amarullzBlueBlackTheme

17. OpenGLES

Guest brendans13

would there be any point in installing this opengl driver if i dont use my phone for games? just web surfing and some other apps really...

sorry for the noob question :)

Guest GinKage
ginkage, do you have an update ready for us? :) and do you also have the libgles_cl.dll file? because tony hawk pro skater 2 must have that file to play.

Basically, if it is ready, it is already posted.

libgles_cl is included in the cab at the first page (though, after installing that cab you'll need to update libgles_cm again, because that cab is a bit obsolette).

Guest da_mafkeez
Basically, if it is ready, it is already posted.

libgles_cl is included in the cab at the first page (though, after installing that cab you'll need to update libgles_cm again, because that cab is a bit obsolette).

actually, i installed the touchflo 3d cab of chainfire. they told me that cab was combined with the drivers. but when i was looking for the libgles_cl.dll file in the windows folder, it was not there. i had to install the one from the touch pro 2, but the game isnt really performing, low fps.

Guest GinKage
actually, i installed the touchflo 3d cab of chainfire. they told me that cab was combined with the drivers.

TF3D only has libgles_mn.dll (a renamed libgles_cm). If you need libgles_cl, download cab from this topic. And, you'll still need to update to the latest libgles_cm, because libgles_cl is only a wrapper.

Guest da_mafkeez
TF3D only has libgles_mn.dll (a renamed libgles_cm). If you need libgles_cl, download cab from this topic. And, you'll still need to update to the latest libgles_cm, because libgles_cl is only a wrapper.

ah i understand, thanx for the information :)

Guest ProWang
try 6.5 rom. http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/e-ten-ace...-2-23506-a.html

0409 WWE base on Offical ROM Acer F900 2.001.00.EN.AAP2

This ROM include

1. OxiosMemory

2. vSnap

3. Acer BkupRsto

4. Acer Camera

5. AcerComm.Manager

6. Acer ConnectionsWizard3.5

7. Acer GSensorSetting

8. Acer MemoryOptimization

9. AcerQuickBacklight

10. AcerTaskManager

11. SJ_SamsungOmnia_Driver_D3D*

12. zlight*

13. sdkcerts

14. SKTools5*

15. Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3_3

16. amarullzBlueBlackTheme

17. OpenGLES

Do you mean this version of rom can make the driver working? It a good news.

Well, the free memory in WM6.5 is a little bit low. That why I'm hesitating to upgrade. Some GPS software is really a mem killer.

Maybe I can learn something from unpacking the rom.

Thanks lytvu!

Guest GinKage
GinKage, can you take a look at (Flight Commander) and see if you can do anything to improve the tearing? The version of libgles_cm that they include doesn't tear, but it litterally runs at 2fps. Yours runs at full speed, but tears allll over the place.

Ah... The game from the Tower Defense creators, with the same bug.

Took me about 20 seconds to fix it, the smallest update in the whole topic. v0.257.

You're welcome. :)

libgles_cm.zip

Guest Doombringer

I am so impressed by your efforts man, building such a converter (as I understood it is not a driver) with plain reverse engineering. I think this is insane by it self but reply in short notice? I didnt even now there is a game named flight commander, and after just 4-6 hours I found out you came to support it, I think it is really great.

btw,

IonFX GeoRally EX for Dell Axim x50v starts, only white screen and a little shades some times, but it was't boot at older versions, so I thik it should be mentioned.