Line 2

Guest bigdan

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you can use Orange's Line 2 on the Hero?

I've tried the usual holding down the hash key but doesn't seem to do anything?

Hi,

Spoke to several people in Orange (and did some hardcore googling today!) and the answer is no

:)

Spoke to several people in Orange (and did some hardcore googling today!) and the answer is no

I have a Hero and Line 2 and can confirm that the answer is mostly no. If you don't mind swapping SIM cards and have a phone that does support Line 2 then you can change the line in the other phone (Nokias are good) and then use that line on your Hero. However, incoming calls only arrive on Line 1 and go out as the selected line. So if someone calls you on Line 2 then the line just rings before going to Voicemail and you cannot answer it and unless your SIM is set on Line 2 on another phone you cannot call line 2 voicemail.

I was told, before I purchased the Hero, that it did work and then that it did not but that I could transfer my Line 2 number to a new sim. You cannot. Once a Line 2 number, always a line 2 number and if you cancel Line 2 or try to change the call plan then Line 2 and your number is lost for ever.

I ended up using BT RingCentral as a surrogate Line 2 and my voicemail on Line 2 directs people to this number. This is an 0844 number which you can divert on to any other numbers. It has its own voicemail, like Line 2 and there are various options for identifying RingCentral calls coming in. The main problem I am having with this service is that caller ID on calls via ring central often doesn't appear on Orange mobiles (it does on my landline and non-orange mobiles).

Jules