The official Nokia E52 and Nokia E55 'Ask Tony' thread

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton
thumb_21-Aug-2009_P1050884.JPG
The official Nokia E52 and Nokia E55 'Ask Tony' thread

As you can see in the picture on the right, I have got hold of the new Nokia E52 and E55 mobile phones for review. Since I only got it like last night, I have not had the chance to look deeper into this. I will be posting my review of these units in the next few weeks time.

The review units I have are SIM free, so when the mobile operators have them in stock in the future, the specs, the looks and the features may change. I do not know the price (however rumoured to be about £250 to £270 each for SIM free) and I do not know which mobile operators will have them.

But for now, here's YOUR chance to ask me any questions about these units and I will try my best to answer your questions!

Details of the specs:
  • Software Platform: S60 3rd Edition
  • Size: 116 x 49 x 9.9mm (E52) and 116 x 48 x 9.9mm (E55)
  • Weight: 98g (E52) and 95g (E55)
  • Input Method: Phone keypad (E52) and QWERTY keypad (E55)
  • Display colours: Up to 16 million colours
  • Talk Time: Up to 8 hours (GSM) and up to 6 hours (WCDMA)
  • Standby Time: Up to 23 days (GSM) and up to 29 days (WCDMA)
  • Internal Memory: 60MB free user memory (E52) and 100MB free user memory (E55)
  • Memory Card: 1GB microSD (E52) and 2GB microSD (E55) - supported up to 16GB
  • Operating Frequency: Quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and WCDMA 900/2100

Ask away!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadamehr

A nice simple generalisation question for starters mate, just to get the ball rolling...

Which keypad do you prefer - the numeric based alpha T9 traditional keypad of the E52, or the new Hybrid "Blackberry-like" QWERTY with two characters per actual key of the E55, after a few days of use mate...?

I'm sure the Hybrid factor has some readers curious but perhaps concerned - so how are you finding it, in terms of Prediction Errors, thus far etc?

Guest tsutton

From what I am finding, I am liking the E52 more due to the traditional keypad as I have found it easy to type, compared with E55 which contained more typos. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.