Hero Chin + teflon

Guest achrich

Guest achrich

Hi,

Apolagies if this offends any current Hero owners :0 Im seriously considering buying a Hero but Im slightly put off by the "chin" feature ?

How annoying ( if at all ) is this and does it cause any kind of trouser pocket issues ? Getting the way etc.

Also ive read on a couple of sites that only the white Hero has Teflon coating...could any one confirm / deny this ? Seems a no brainer to go for the white one if that`s the case.

Regards

Guest JamminJP

Well the chin is not a problem, no one has asked if I have a chin in my pocket or am I pleased to see them :D

and I have to say that after just over 2 weeks of owning the hero, the screen and case are scratch free, just a dent where it slipped out of my hands! (that's not a Teflon joke, it really did!)

The back is looking used but the rest is fine.

Hi,

Apolagies if this offends any current Hero owners :0 Im seriously considering buying a Hero but Im slightly put off by the "chin" feature ?

How annoying ( if at all ) is this and does it cause any kind of trouser pocket issues ? Getting the way etc.

Also ive read on a couple of sites that only the white Hero has Teflon coating...could any one confirm / deny this ? Seems a no brainer to go for the white one if that`s the case.

Regards

Guest themadczech
Hi,

Regards

Actually the chin makes it easier and more natural to hold in hand and to type on the keyboard. Not only that, as my arse is not flat but rounded, it copies the natural shape of the body better than a flat phone!

Yes the white is Teflon coated, however, the black (that I own) has nice rubberised (plastic) feel. Not sure what material it is but is feels good and is non-slip.

The choice is yours, but I thoroughly recommend the device.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest achrich

Does anyone know if its possible to get the US version ( coming onto Sprint networks ) minus the chin in the UK ? Then this phone is a no brainer...especially with all the ROMS :)

Guest markiemrboo

I don't know about your above question, but the chin really isn't a problem at all and I would go for it! Personally I thought it looked pretty smart anyway, but I do feel it does help with holding the device as mentioned above and I can't feel the chin in my pockets or anything!

Perhaps see if you can get to a shop and get a feel for it yourself to decide whether you like it or not? :-)

Guest foxmeister
Does anyone know if its possible to get the US version ( coming onto Sprint networks ) minus the chin in the UK ? Then this phone is a no brainer...especially with all the ROMS :)

The US Sprint version of the "Hero" is a CDMA device - not a GSM device. There are no CDMA networks in the UK, so you won't be able to get it to work.

Technically UMTS and HSDPA are very similar technologies to CDMA (they are actually W-CDMA) though they are still considered "GSM", but crucially most CDMA devices do not have a SIM card and cannot be easily moved across networks.

Regards,

Dave

Guest ThomasJ

Everyone I've seen been sceptical of "the chin" judging from pictures have been pleasantly suprised when they finally got their hands on the phone.

One of the issues I think is that pictures exaggerate "the chin" somewhat due to the angle of the phone.

Personally I love it as it makes the phone so much easier to handle and much more confy than any other phone I have used.

Besides, it angles the microphone towards your mouth as an added bonus for those on the other end.

I have not held the brown version so I cannot compare it to the white, but I personally love the white one and have not had any issues with it becoming dirty thanks to the teflon layer.

Guest tone-fu

Yeah, the chin makes the device balance more naturally in the hand. When you put it in your trouser pockets you don't notice anything (well, I don't) I pop it in upside down and the chin curves around my leg - feels better than having a flat phone in my pocket!

I've been told the white one is the only Teflon coated one too.