Windows Mobile 6.5 or 7... Should look like this!!!

Guest kurniawan

Guest Ex-inferis
If it only can make calls and text messages and email, GPS, camera..... it will definitly push iPhones aside!!!

Very intersting. I'm assuming HD Radio is America's version of DAB? I like the the look of this and it's certainly something I'd like to try.

Even without those things it's better than an iPhone! My old T100's better than an iPhone; at least I didn't have to send it to Samsung for it's battery to be changed. Stupid idea that is. :D

Guest kurniawan

i just dont understand why microsoft didnt use this user interface, modify it a bit, so we can have tabs on it like phone, messaging just like in the titanium ui... i mean, the zune hd is all developed already, why invent the wheel again???

Guest Koofteh

I think Microsoft just hates the guts of Windows Mobile or something, they're so off the mark usually it looks like they want Windows Mobile to suffer and lose market share.

I was just looking at some videos of the free version of PointUI and I see how easy it is, for example, to reorganize your applications. Now look at the honeycomb Start Menu in WM6.5... they don't even bother to make them alphabetical (which is a step back from WM6.1), and for the earlier builds of 6.5 you had to use reStart or another separate, hard to use program to organize your Start Menu.

Now in the new builds they allow you to move the icons around, but you need to hold each icon for a few seconds and then drop it elsewhere. The same thing looks so much better and easier to use on Home2... why the heck can't one of the biggest companies around figure this stuff out? They have thousands of staff and endless money to pour into these projects, how can they be bested by a few small-time developers in such a massive way?

I'm a fan of Microsoft and I like WM when it's customized and made to look nice, but holy crap, stock WM is such bad news... seeing stuff like the ZuneHD or Windows7 shows you that Microsoft can make good stuff, they just hate Windows Mobile.

Edited by Koofteh

Guest Billus

You've got to remember that WM6.5 is not even released yet (and is still based on WM6). What we're testing/using/loving? are just "leaked" versions which probably are based on different concepts and their still looking for ways to improve it. I personally love the honeycomb layout. That aside, from what I gather, WM7 will be built from the ground up. Hopefully it does look like the Zune's interface which looks awesome!

Guest semmtexx
You've got to remember that WM6.5 is not even released yet (and is still based on WM6). What we're testing/using/loving? are just "leaked" versions which probably are based on different concepts and their still looking for ways to improve it.

More like versions of 6.1 with graphical elements of 6.5 incorporated in them.

Guest shokka9

this will be an awesome device, but i would wait a little longer.......

This has nVidia Tegra technology within it, so expect high performance...

There will be lots of new nVidia Tegra toys coming soon, i think so anyway. And yes, i think it will make an entrance in a lot more devices soon...

Guest Koofteh
You've got to remember that WM6.5 is not even released yet (and is still based on WM6). What we're testing/using/loving? are just "leaked" versions which probably are based on different concepts and their still looking for ways to improve it. I personally love the honeycomb layout. That aside, from what I gather, WM7 will be built from the ground up. Hopefully it does look like the Zune's interface which looks awesome!

I didn't say I don't like the honeycomb menu, I said I hate the fact that all the icons are just thrown about with no logical order, and the only help Microsoft offers is 'move up/down' like that is terribly helpful.

Why didn't they bother making them alphabetical? If you go to the Start Menu folder in your file explorer you will see the icons nicely ordered. As far as I can tell the initial 6.5.0 version is going to be the same we've seen in the cooked ROMs, which means things like the unorganized Start Menu will end up shipping on some devices before 6.5.1 comes out.

Seriously, like I said I have nothing against Microsoft, but they really don't seem to care about Windows Mobile. Even WM7 they don't care about... Apple's done three revisions to the iPhone OS, Palm's come up with WebOS (edit - forgot Android), and other advancements have been made to other mobile OSes and what have we seen from Microsoft? Repeated delays on WM7 and with little details known about it, and in the meantime they make some really basic changes to the 6.1 OS which itself was really dated when it came out.

Without the developer community and things like TouchFlo or Spb MS3, Windows Mobile would be a total joke compared to the current competition. I really don't like the iPhone, but it was announced in very early 2007... as it stands we're going to see WM7 in Q4 2010, which is almost four complete years since Apple came out with the iPhone. I'm not saying it took Apple less than four years to develop the iPhone OS, but don't you think a company like Microsoft should have more foresight into the market? They really shouldn't expect to increase their market share at all if they're going to catch up to the competition in nearly half a decade.

Edited by Koofteh

Guest kurniawan
this will be an awesome device, but i would wait a little longer.......

This has nVidia Tegra technology within it, so expect high performance...

There will be lots of new nVidia Tegra toys coming soon, i think so anyway. And yes, i think it will make an entrance in a lot more devices soon...

So i suppose it's not microsofts fault, they have the proof they can make beautiful things.

manufactures like samsung, htc, etc should bring out the hardware that is capable for showing this nice stuff...

we shouldnt blame microsoft that quick i think. they r trying to bring out an os for all kinds of ppc...

think of it... if they make an os for one type of ppc... we will have no other choice besides an iPhone or an "ZuneHD Phone".

Guest rappetor

I'm sure Zune stuff will be there in WM 7. WM 6.5 will get it's share of nice graphics and finger friendly stuff as well, but I think Zune-like graphics will be there in 7.

WM is quite old now in the look and feel, and doesn't seem to be too fast as well. However, if there is one manufacturer out there who made WM 'slow & buggy' it's HTC if you ask me.

The whole 200mhz chips they started using for the first Touch phones and the Qualcomm later on (without the gfx drivers etc) made everything really slow. That's not fully MS's fault.

However, WM is a dated OS and will need a lot of work to get it on par with the competition. The Zune proves that MS has the knowledge of doing something like that, and in the meantime we just have to wait for WM7 to see if they can pull it off.

I don't think a Tegra will help much on a platform like WM6.x. WM7 and Tegra (or other new chips from other manufacturers) will have to do it.

Without the developer community and things like TouchFlo or Spb MS3, Windows Mobile would be a total joke compared to the current competition. I really don't like the iPhone, but it was announced in very early 2007... as it stands we're going to see WM7 in Q4 2010, which is almost four complete years since Apple came out with the iPhone. I'm not saying it took Apple less than four years to develop the iPhone OS, but don't you think a company like Microsoft should have more foresight into the market? They really shouldn't expect to increase their market share at all if they're going to catch up to the competition in nearly half a decade.

MS completely missed the mark on that yes. And even when the iPhone proved to be a huge success they still didn't seem to respond to what the market wanted.

MS will lose market share for sure. WM 6.5.x is only there to keep the fall to a minimum, but everything seems that MS is fully committed to WM7. Let's just hope it's not too late.

But MS has the money, the people and the knowhow. They just have to use it now. If there is one company that can do this and have the resources it's MS. Knowing MS though, it most probably won't blow us out of our socks :D.

Guest Zealster

I don't think MS is concerned about losing WinMo users right now. I think they're looking a little into the future for those who start saying "What happens after my iPhone? What do I get now?" But they certainly know they're losing long term users right now, and near into the future. Hopefully they'll revive the market within a year and really stick to it after that.