22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest IakobosJ

How come Radio ROM 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 isn't listed here? This Radio works best for me on Modaco 3.0 :D I have always had issues with WiFi connecting, sometimes it takes forever to obtain an address but with this radio it connects within seconds :(

http://rapidshare.com/files/317066951/6.35.09.26.zip

Edited by IakobosJ

How come Radio ROM 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 isn't listed here? This Radio works best for me on Modaco 3.0 :D I have always had issues with WiFi connecting, sometimes it takes forever to obtain an address but with this radio it connects within seconds :(

http://rapidshare.com/files/317066951/6.35.09.26.zip

Yeah I can confirm also, that this new radio works with Modaco 3.0 very well. But RS sucks ("This file can only be downloaded by becoming a Premium member

There are no more download slots available for free users right now. If you don't want to become a premium member, you might want to try again later."). ;) Try Mediafire, it no need to wait.

Guest IakobosJ

Sorry about that :/

Try the link again, I have changed it to trafficshare, so it should just work :D Once the trafficshare runs out though it will be changed back.

Guest Alex469

Just some words about radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26.

As I know Lox and Behnaam suggests 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 radio for Eclair.

Please see http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427 for instance.

Looks like the above radio is leaked together with Eclair rom for Hero.

According to http://developer.htc.com/google-io-device.html:

"Each Android platform version is designed to run on top of a specifc version of the radio firmware. Typically, each successive release of the Android platform relies on a newer version of the radio firmware, so whenever you are planning to flash a new system image to your device, whether upgrade or downgrade, you should also update the radio firmware to the version expected by the platform. If you do not update your radio image, the system may encounter problems."

So, from my point of view it is better to use 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 (and not 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26) with MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.0

Guest thapapper
Just some words about radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26.

As I know Lox and Behnaam suggests 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 radio for Eclair.

Please see http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427 for instance.

Looks like the above radio is leaked together with Eclair rom for Hero.

According to http://developer.htc.com/google-io-device.html:

"Each Android platform version is designed to run on top of a specifc version of the radio firmware. Typically, each successive release of the Android platform relies on a newer version of the radio firmware, so whenever you are planning to flash a new system image to your device, whether upgrade or downgrade, you should also update the radio firmware to the version expected by the platform. If you do not update your radio image, the system may encounter problems."

So, from my point of view it is better to use 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 (and not 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26) with MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.0

Well, my first post in this forum :D

Although being a newby (coming from a Blackberry Storm...) I've experimented for about a week now with some OS-es for my HTC Hero and after figuring out the "rooting-ritual" I decided to go with the MoDaCo 3.0 Rom for which I gratefully thank Paul! :(

About the radio file, I agree with Alex that there is some kind of a connection between the OS-build and the radio file, e.g. after updating the radio file I once experienced problems with downloading apps from the Market. Download started but the files never arrived :D (luckily this is fairly simple to overcome by switching off the radio, turning on WIFI and try again, as soon as the first app arrives, the next ones do come by radio as well).

Back to the radio files; I've done some experimenting with the last 4 radio files under the MoDaCo 3.0 build en compared every one of them by using Speedtest, watching the ping-, download- and uploadtime.

As far I could judge after about 10 tests with all 4 of them in 2 different locations in the Netherlands, there wasn't any difference between all of them..........

I decided to go with the latest, being 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 and all is running fine ;)

Best regards!

(...)

Back to the radio files; I've done some experimenting with the last 4 radio files under the MoDaCo 3.0 build en compared every one of them by using Speedtest, watching the ping-, download- and uploadtime.

As far I could judge after about 10 tests with all 4 of them in 2 different locations in the Netherlands, there wasn't any difference between all of them..........

I decided to go with the latest, being 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 and all is running fine :D

Hi!

Here in Poland (260/01 network - Plus GSM), I had problem with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 version of radio.

On HSDPA capable network I didn't have data connection at all. On locations with only 3G/Edge capabilities - I did.

After upgrading to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26, everything works ok.

Tested with 2.8 and 3.0 version of MDC custom rom.

Regards!

Guest T h i j s

Since I've updated to

HTC Generic 2.73.405.38 and Radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

on 2 hero phones, I'm having problems finding apps in the market, it says nothing found, even when downloading tru barcode links..

before updating the second phone, i've checked if the apps I could not find where still in the market and they where..

after the upgrade the secend phone also could not find all apps

Guest BlackBeard

dear friend i tried to flash this radio image "63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26" and now my phone does not even boot! it's completely dead! i was using your rom what should i do? is it bricked?

Guest BlackBeard

can anyone help me please! i flashed this radio "63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26" and i had modaco custom rom and now my htc hero won't even boot not normally nor in the recovery mode! can i do anything about it?

Guest Dan Mullen
can anyone help me please! i flashed this radio "63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26" and i had modaco custom rom and now my htc hero won't even boot not normally nor in the recovery mode! can i do anything about it?

Did you wait and let it reboot after you started the flash process? From what I've read a few people have had a similar problem when they've turned the phone off or removed the battery before the flashing is complete.

Did you install the ROM into a GSM phone? Because if you installed it in a CDMA phone you just got yourself a nice fancy brick.

Guest BlackBeard

i let it reboot but then it showed a screen i had never seen and after a few minuites i noticed that on the screen did not say anything like"flashing,or please wait" and then i took off the battery and then the cable and since then it is not bootatble at any way not normally not via fastboot not via recovery menu nothing......i think it is probably bricked and i have no warranty cause it was a t-mobile g2 and i have no warranty (i live in Greece)! if you have any suggestion about what to do please help me.i will appreciate it!

Guest PhonePersona
this is called READING. it means there is information, and by looking at the so called letters and processing them in your brain you can inhabit the information stored in these letters.

now try it your self, i'll give you something to start with from here:

if you still have problems please consult your local elemtary school.

Dude! That's WAY harsh, unfair and certainly not in the spirit of sharing that we conduct ourselves on this forum.

Like it or not, not everyone speaks or reads English fluently.

And even if they do, they may not essentially be as bright as you are.

In my opinion, there shouldn't be a need to put a person down especially after they've humbly asked for help.

Not trying to lecture you, I just think we could all treat each other better sometimes.

PS

You spelled "Elementary" wrong ;)

*Now I shall jump off my soapbox ;)*

Guest cdmackay
can anyone tell why I can't find some apps in the market since upgrade?

Not really; lots of people are seeing this, it's been discussed a lot on the MCR forums too. Perhaps because people upgrade their MCR and the radio together...

Provided you've tried the obvious, like clearing caches, then no-one knows why it's happening. It seems not to be related to either the build.prop, and a wipe does *not* generally cure it. It may do for you, of course. Try a nandroid backup first, and if a full wipe doesn't cure it, you can just restore (as I did).

Guest CitizenLee

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 has killed my wifi.

Wont even pick up networks, nevermind connect to them. Tested on the two I use the most, home and work. Also tested with Wifi buddy.

Reverting to a previous version for now.

I'm running v2.9 btw ;)

Guest CitizenLee

Ok, so I flashed 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 which used to work fine, but now I'm still not getting wifi.

Can anyone think why this might be?

EDIT: Updated to v3.0. Wifi now works but only if I connect manually using Wifi Buddy. Any suggestions on how to get it to connect automatically again?

Cheers ;)

Edited by CitizenLee

I have been waiting that, sense I haven`t got it to install with htc sync. I don`t know what I did wrong, but that htc sync does not work properly with Windows 7... So please, update.zip. ;)