22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kendon
Well, I know it's you guys fault but it's just stupid to use part of the version number as carrier marking.

And if this really is an older version, why is Shahz posting about it now and twittering it to Paul to root it?

Not questioning your intentions, just trying to make sense of all this :)

well, android doesn't call it "version", it says "build number". and maybe shahz didn't know it either?

Guest schlagg

Hi

in case i've to send back my phone to my operator, can someone post the original shipping rom of Orange in France??

its the 2.73.73.73 CL#94055 release-keys

I have the WiFi issue too. Happens quite frequently for me. Did it get resolved? Or would you like a list of my installed apps too?... how would I go about getting you that?

do you have any app that toggle wifi automaticaly?

i'm using timeriffic to put airplane mode on during night: if I turn it off during night time, the app immediatly set it back to on. I think it could be the problem, because it didn't respect the waiting time that you see when you toggle wifi manually

Guest Petrium

Hello, I have problems with the last Radio update: 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Apps like Waze navigator or Facebook crashes and show errors and close the app when it's runing.

you know what happend?

Thanks.

Guest finucas
Hello, I have problems with the last Radio update: 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Apps like Waze navigator or Facebook crashes and show errors and close the app when it's runing.

you know what happend?

Thanks.

Just updated to radios 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 aswell,

My phone calls are dropping and phone is rebooting?

Edited by finucas

Guest finucas
Just updated to radios 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 aswell,

My phone calls are dropping and phone is rebooting?

Dowgraded rom to:

63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22

Still swithces off around 40 seconds into every call and reboots:(

Help please!

Sorry got MoDaCo Rom, better switch forms

Edited by finucas

Guest ikamatos
3G rom 2.73.771.73 as rooted update.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynizk2lcjtt

Is this the latest thing? Can it be used in Portugal?

Apologise for the noob questions but I found this elsewhere:

"2.73.xxx is the ROM version which brings it in line with the rest of the GSM Hero's out there. The numbers following the ROM version are region and operator codes and don't mean any changes to the ROM itself".

Please advise me. Thanks.

All the best.

H

Edited by ikamatos

Guest gynoide

Hi,

I'm french and I have a no updated HTC Hero device :

- radio : 63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25

- firmware : 1.76.405.6

- mobile operator : SFR

I would like to update the HTC Hero firmware without losing my personal data.

Is the HTC Generic 2.73.405.38 correspond to the last HTC official update (without customization) ?

If I want to update the radio, which version should I use ? 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26?

If I do this king of update, will I loose my mobile operator settings ?

Can do this update without wipe ? Has someone already done it ? Will I loose some data (settings, messages or others...) ?

Last question : How to check the nandroid backup ? I've just do a backup. I tried to extract files from system.img (with unyaffs). A part of the file system is extracted but I got an error ("broken image file" "end of image"). I have already extract files from an other system.img file with success. So where is the backup of the /data/data folder ?

Thanks a lot for your help ! :)

Guest pulser
Thanks, I'll be here waiting :)

Check your APN settings. Danh found that, and mentioned it on another thread. Put in some working ones for your network (google is your friend) B)

Guest kendon

latest rom is the one ending in .66 (stock htc), latest radio is the one with JU in it, and you need to wipe if you want to install any 2.73.x.x rom, since yours is still the old version 1.76.x.x.

Guest gynoide
latest rom is the one ending in .66 (stock htc), latest radio is the one with JU in it, and you need to wipe if you want to install any 2.73.x.x rom, since yours is still the old version 1.76.x.x.

Thanks for your answer. :)

Nobody knows how to check if the backup file is good (ie. not currupted) ? :/

Guest andyt_uk

Hi guys,

Just a quick one but do you always have to update the radio when you apply a new rom? I've had some problems with mine recently whereby it only rings 3/5 times that you call it. I'm running 3.0 at the mo but am only running 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 for radio. I've just updated the radio now but has anyone noticed similar problems in the past? Signal strength is usually a good 2 or 3 bars and the phones being tested in the same location.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by andyt_uk

Guest gynoide
Thanks for your answer. B)

Nobody knows how to check if the backup file is good (ie. not currupted) ? :/

The unyaffs program permits to check backup files. I had errors because the backup failed. I've just do a new backup with fresh formated SD card (and after uninstalled some applications on my phone). And now, the data.img is not empty. And I can extract content from system.img and data.img.

My first backup was corrupted. :) SD card or application problem ?

Guest monyozt

hi im new here...

what difference between this ROM?

"Rooted ROMs,shipping ROMS,and leak roms?" i got hero phone from singapore, can i update this radio rom with this version? 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26? if yes, is there any guide to flashing for nubie like me?

appreciate your help :)