22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest masterpfa

I've been putting this off for so long but alas I can take no more :( I have to return my T-Mobile G2 for warranty repair, so will have to revert back to the generic ROM. I can remember reading some where that it may cause difficulties trying to root the phone if a Generic ROM was installed.

Can someone confirm which one is safe to use, T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 or T-Mobile UK 2.73.110.26 ? :(

Guest Dr. dre
I've been putting this off for so long but alas I can take no more :( I have to return my T-Mobile G2 for warranty repair, so will have to revert back to the generic ROM. I can remember reading some where that it may cause difficulties trying to root the phone if a Generic ROM was installed.

Can someone confirm which one is safe to use, T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 or T-Mobile UK 2.73.110.26 ? :(

The T-Mobile 1.76.110.6 is safe which is very easy to root again but I don't think that you will get the 1.76 ROM's RUU also if you install the 2.73.110.26 ROM you have to follow the goldcard method, you have to flash the .zip one.

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest masterpfa
The T-Mobile 1.76.110.6 is safe which is very easy to root again but I don't think that you will get the 1.76 ROM's RUU also if you install the 2.73.110.26 ROM you have to follow the goldcard method, you have to flash the .zip one.

Thanks, I ended up installing the 2.73.110.26 ROM RUU, I had previously managed to Root using the Gold Card Method.

I had been told anyway by the store that the lastest ROM would be Flashed on the phone as part of the repair procedure, so the wait begins.

As things had been quiet on the Hero custom ROM front I decided now was a good a time as any to be without my phone, trust T-Mobile to put the price of the T-Mobile Pulse up, I was going to get one to use in the interim, so now having to revert to my previous WM :(

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Dr. dre
Thanks, I ended up installing the 2.73.110.26 ROM RUU, I had previously managed to Root using the Gold Card Method.

I had been told anyway by the store that the lastest ROM would be Flashed on the phone as part of the repair procedure, so the wait begins.

As things had been quiet on the Hero custom ROM front I decided now was a good a time as any to be without my phone, trust T-Mobile to put the price of the T-Mobile Pulse up, I was going to get one to use in the interim, so now having to revert to my previous WM :(

But do you have a Goldcard to root the phone again ?

Guest masterpfa
But do you have a Goldcard to root the phone again ?

I will do a search once I get the phone back, it is somewhere on my PC (I think!)

Guest mifran

as i was wanting to use skype i have obtained a 3 sim and then downloaded the 3 rooted rom from the top of this post and my phone just kept rebooting

mifran

Guest Dr. dre
as i was wanting to use skype i have obtained a 3 sim and then downloaded the 3 rooted rom from the top of this post and my phone just kept rebooting

mifran

Any errors or any message.

Guest mifran
Any errors or any message.

no messages just keeps going round with the droids waving through the htc then just htc and back to the droids waving tried it with a wipe and still the same so i have gone back to modaco 3.2b5 I will just have to wait and see if skype brings out a android version

mifran

Guest Dr. dre
no messages just keeps going round with the droids waving through the htc then just htc and back to the droids waving tried it with a wipe and still the same so i have gone back to modaco 3.2b5 I will just have to wait and see if skype brings out a android version

mifran

There is a lite version of Skype, you will find it at market.

Guest mifran
There is a lite version of Skype, you will find it at market.

yes i have that version it is the rom that is causing me problems after flashing the HTC Generic 2.73.771.73 (3 UK customised) rom on my unlocked hero it does not complete the boot as i stated in my first post it keeps rebooting showing the waving droids and then the HTC logo and round it goes repeating this sequence

mifran

Edited by mifran

Guest Dr. dre
yes i have that version it is the rom that is causing me problems after flashing the HTC Generic 2.73.771.73 (3 UK customised) rom on my unlocked hero it does not complete the boot as i stated in my first post it keeps rebooting showing the waving droids and then the HTC logo and round it goes repeating this sequence

mifran

If you are only using the 3 UK ROM to get skype on your phone, then I suggest you that get the skype over a MCR ROM.

Guest mifran
If you are only using the 3 UK ROM to get skype on your phone, then I suggest you that get the skype over a MCR ROM.

thanks for trying to help the situation is this

1) i have been using MCR 3.2b5 and got skype lite from the market but when i launch skype and try to log in it errors with "skype cannot connect over your phone connection"

2) i flashed the the customised rooted 3 rom and the phone goes into a reboot cycle

3) i have set the connection to wcdma only and skype still cannot connect even with a 3 sim in the phone

4) the skype site is now saying skype lite is discontinued as it does not offer the best experience

mifran

Guest Dr. dre
thanks for trying to help the situation is this

1) i have been using MCR 3.2b5 and got skype lite from the market but when i launch skype and try to log in it errors with "skype cannot connect over your phone connection"

2) i flashed the the customised rooted 3 rom and the phone goes into a reboot cycle

3) i have set the connection to wcdma only and skype still cannot connect even with a 3 sim in the phone

4) the skype site is now saying skype lite is discontinued as it does not offer the best experience

mifran

Did you try the stock 3 UK ROM (Without Root Access) ?

Guest mifran
Did you try the stock 3 UK ROM (Without Root Access) ?

no but i will try it to see what happens and let you know

@16:24 the reboot cycle is the same with either version of the 3 uk rom so i can't get to use skype on 3 as the roms will not boot up and with mcr 3.2b5 it cant connect i wonder do i need jbed enabled as i dont have that on my rom

@16:45 I have tried all versions of the stock roms and and non of them will complete the boot and mcr 3.2b5 skype just wont connect even when i am using a 3 uk sim card so i will just have to hope skype bring out a proper android version

mifran

Edited by mifran

Guest Dr. dre
no but i will try it to see what happens and let you know

@16:24 the reboot cycle is the same with either version of the 3 uk rom so i can't get to use skype on 3 as the roms will not boot up and with mcr 3.2b5 it cant connect i wonder do i need jbed enabled as i dont have that on my rom

mifran

Why dont you take out the Skype setup .apk file from the ROM. Are you sure 3 UK ROM has skype pre-installed on it.

Guest mifran
Why dont you take out the Skype setup .apk file from the ROM. Are you sure 3 UK ROM has skype pre-installed on it.

I as far as i know it doesn't have skype setup.apk in it i have obtained it from the market and re-installed for each rom i have tried

Guest Dr. dre
I as far as i know it doesn't have skype setup.apk in it i have obtained it from the market and re-installed for each rom i have tried

Yes! It is, If Skype is pre-installed on the 3 UK ROM, then it's .apk file .odex file would be there in the ROM, just try pushing those two file to /system/app/ and give it a reboot and it should work.

Guest mifran
Yes! It is, If Skype is pre-installed on the 3 UK ROM, then it's .apk file .odex file would be there in the ROM, just try pushing those two file to /system/app/ and give it a reboot and it should work.

the problem is when i put the 3 uk rom on. the phone does not complete the boot process

Guest Dr. dre
the problem is when i put the 3 uk rom on. the phone does not complete the boot process

Dude I remember that very well, what I'm saying is just download 3 UK ROM and just extract the Skype.apk and the .odex file from /system/app/ in the .zip file.

Note :- No need to flash it.

Guest mifran

with the mcr 3.2b5 rom I still get " skype couldn't connect over your phone connection" this is after pushing com.skype.android.threeUK.apk with the stock roms the phone wont complete the boot up sequence

Guest Dr. dre
with the mcr 3.2b5 rom I still get " skype couldn't connect over your phone connection" this is after pushing com.skype.android.threeUK.apk with the stock roms the phone wont complete the boot up sequence

Dude I tried Skype Lite on both MCR 3.1 and Stock 2.73.405.66 Rooted, It works fine on both. I think it is a problem with 3.2b5 ROM, have you tried connecting to Skype by both the mobile network and the WiFi connection.

Guest mifran
Dude I remember that very well, what I'm saying is just download 3 UK ROM and just extract the Skype.apk and the .odex file from /system/app/ in the .zip file.

Note :- No need to flash it.

thank you for your patience in trying to help me I cant find the skype.apk or the skype.odex file in any rom on here so i am just going to wait and see if skype full becomes available for android

mifran

Guest Dr. dre
thank you for your patience in trying to help me I cant find the skype.apk or the skype.odex file in any rom on here so i am just going to wait and see if skype full becomes available for android

mifran

Ya! Even I checked the 3 UK ROM, but it didn't had any Skype setup pre loaded, You sure that 3 UK ROM has Skype pre loaded ? Anyways I'll let you know if I get any updates about Skype.