22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mifran
Ya! Even I checked the 3 UK ROM, but it didn't had any Skype setup pre loaded, You sure that 3 UK ROM has Skype pre loaded ? Anyways I'll let you know if I get any updates about Skype.

I thought you had to get it from the market thats where i got it but i dont understand why i cant flash the stock rom and get the phone running

mifran

Guest Crooco

Is this normal: When trynig to update to a new radio and pressing the "reeboot system now", the screen shows an image (arrow out of box) then the phone reeboots. And then the text: Formatting CACHE:...

But now nothing happends, left it overnight but still the same, tried another radio, but still same prob.

Guest Dr. dre
Is this normal: When trynig to update to a new radio and pressing the "reeboot system now", the screen shows an image (arrow out of box) then the phone reeboots. And then the text: Formatting CACHE:...

But now nothing happends, left it overnight but still the same, tried another radio, but still same prob.

Just select 'Reboot Now' and it would work, The text 'Formatting CACHE' means that Radio has been flashed now you can reboot the phone.

Guest oscheng
1. copy the radio zip file to your sdcard and rename as update.zip

2. reboot your phone using the home+power button sequence or the adb method (your choice)

3. the phone will list an option to install the update.zip file, select it.

The phone will ask you to reboot.

When the phone finishes rebooting it will go back to the recovery ROM while displaying "Formatting Cache" just choose Reboot device again.

The above worked for me. The phone was pre-rooted for me by the person I bought it from. My first attempt at any kind of Android flashing and it could not have been easier. Took I think 15 minutes of reading to make sure I had it and 5 minutes to actually do it. I now get 3 bars of H3G signal instead of 1.

Guest Dr. dre
i cant download "63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 - download" any idea why ? takes me to homepage news page

thanks

Just Right click and try 'Save link as'

Guest deftly

Everytime I try to download the Radio, I get sent to the MODACO home page. The only reason I signed up was to get that radio to update before flashing the Hero.04/Sense ROM...

Is there a problem with the site? Are the radio's still available???

Do I even need to upgrade the Radio before flashing this new ROM?

Everytime I try to download the Radio, I get sent to the MODACO home page. The only reason I signed up was to get that radio to update before flashing the Hero.04/Sense ROM...

Is there a problem with the site? Are the radio's still available???

Do I even need to upgrade the Radio before flashing this new ROM?

The radios are there. If there's a problem with the site it seems to only affect a small number of users. Maybe try asking Paul if he's had any other reports?

No, you don't need to upgrade the radio, but it's a good idea to go with the latest & hopefully most reliable, especially if you currently have any reception issues.

[Edit:] Can you get any downloads from modaco, linked to from other pages?

Edited by zorm

Guest mifran
The radios are there. If there's a problem with the site it seems to only affect a small number of users. Maybe try asking Paul if he's had any other reports?

No, you don't need to upgrade the radio, but it's a good idea to go with the latest & hopefully most reliable, especially if you currently have any reception issues.

[Edit:] Can you get any downloads from modaco, linked to from other pages?

are you clicking on the link that says download next to the radio you want

mifran

Guest Knudsen19
Radios

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 - download

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 - download

63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 - download

63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08 - download

63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.31 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 - download

I got no problem downloading the newest Radio, however, when I copy it to my sdcard, it says: "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue."

I have not tried all version, just the 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 and 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 , but same thing for both. Anyone got any suggestion how to resolve the problem ? Thx :)

Guest polonius
i cant download "63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 - download" any idea why ? takes me to homepage news page

Disable Adblock / enable Javascript...

@Knudsen19:

Does this work:

adb shell mount /sdcard

adb push radioXY.img /sdcard/radioXY.img

Guest Knudsen19
@Knudsen19:

Does this work:

adb shell mount /sdcard

It might, but I have no idea, what so ever, how to use this infomation :)

EDIT: I figured out I had to open Cmd, but from that I couldn't get any of those commands to work ;)

Edited by Knudsen19

Guest Dr. dre
It might, but I have no idea, what so ever, how to use this infomation :)

EDIT: I figured out I had to open Cmd, but from that I couldn't get any of those commands to work ;)

You'll be needing these tools to do that (Android SDK Tools) :-

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Just download the tools according to your OS and you just need the tools folder in the .zip, just paste it in your C:\ and change the directory of the cmd to the above folder and you'll be go to go.

OR

Else just try doing the flashing method once again, That's a bit on the easy side.

Guest Knudsen19

I tried to download the latest Radio from another site as it turned out everytime I downloaded it from here it was corrupted / damaged. Somehow that seemed to do the trick, so problem solved :)

Guest shomi1417
Disable Adblock / enable Javascript...

@Knudsen19:

Does this work:

adb shell mount /sdcard

Thanks for "Disable Adblock" :) ;) :P

Cant download enything for several days :P and now it work ;)

Guest Dr. dre
hey

i have a nandroid backup of original rom:2.73.721.9 if you are interested tell me how to give it to you.

Where did you got it from ? Is your device branded or is it HTC.

Guest liorwei

i had to send my rooted hero for fixing. and they returned it with this version, so i rooted it and all the procedure and did a nandroid.

i bought my phone in HTC store in Hong-Kong. not from a celular company, if thats what you meant.

Guest Dr. dre
i had to send my rooted hero for fixing. and they returned it with this version, so i rooted it and all the procedure and did a nandroid.

i bought my phone in HTC store in Hong-Kong. not from a celular company, if thats what you meant.

The Firmware version would be 1.5, Most of us over here are waiting for 2.1, But you can contact Paul on this ROM.

Guest Dr. dre
Lol I just offer it.

I'm sorry for that, Actually I meant you can try sending him a personal message, because he visit's the Hero forum less So...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quinni

HI There. Im just new to HTC Hero (G2).

I bought via Ebay. I wasn't able to access Marketplace so I made a Restore to default.

After this i was shocked, because the german language was gone.. SH*T!

I spend hours now searching web for sollutions, then found someone having the same problem.

This led me here to this board.

Unlucky i don't understand anything about ROM flashing. I need it Step BY Step.

I might write well in English and do understand what people write, but i have problems with english manuals.

Which ROM do i need? It's confusing me :-(

And THIS ist this the way to install it? Recovery? hä? o.O

I don't want to destroy my mobile and i really do not know how to manage getting my german lang back.

So I just post thes infos:

Firmware: 1.5

Baseband version: 63.28.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

Build number: 2.73.61.5 146733 CL#61267 release-keys

Softwareversion 1.0.0.A6288

thanks for any help in advantage!

Cheers!