Pocket IE error

Guest dnmartin98

Guest dnmartin98

Hey all,

I have something weird that has just happened on my Smartphone. I use a Benq E72, and suddenlly, when I start Pocket IE, I get the following message

Error. "This file cannot be viewed on the device" If I select OK it it just takes me to a blank screen instead of the normal "home" page. I can navigate, select faves etc, but if I try and go back to the home page, I get the same error.

Any ideas on how to fix this anyone? :D

Thanks!

DavidM

Guest Alshandron
Error. "This file cannot be viewed on the device" If I select OK it it just takes me to a blank screen instead of the normal "home" page. I can navigate, select faves etc, but if I try and go back to the home page, I get the same error.

What's your home page then? You get the error message, if you have set a homepage that IE cannot open. Try choosing a .html or .htm page from your device or some website.

Guest dnmartin98
What's your home page then? You get the error message, if you have set a homepage that IE cannot open. Try choosing a .html or .htm page from your device or some website.

The homepage is the favorites page that is standard with Pocket IE. Its not a custom page that I have set myself. That is what is so weird.....

Guest 88Saleen351

It is possible that some program could have unknowingly changed the homepage, or that maybe IE crashed once and corrupted the html file...possibly even changing the html file extension. Where is the home page stored? I'm not familiar with the device you are using. See I am using a Moto Q9m through Verizon. Verizon dumps their own home page mess on all their phones. So I don't know what's supposed to be there. Your best bet is to check the file out and make sure it wasn't altered. Or you can just change it to another page you frequent.