Analysis of the leaked 1.79.482.3_ELL update

Guest PaulOBrien

Here's my analysis of the leaked 1.79.482.3_ELL update (cheers drizzy for the files), which i'll be posting in update.zip format soon!

This is newer than the shipping builds, but older than the 'private leaked builds' i've been using and videoing.

HBOOT (SPL): 1.76.0005 (updated) still a S-ON version - no public S-OFF releases as yet

Radio: 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 (updated)

System: 1.79.482.3

Kernel: 2.6.27-a5504199

System languages: English only

Touch Input languages: English, French, Italian and Spanish

All in all this is a very minor update, but it is an update nonetheless. It does NOT include the new super-fast Rosie i've seen in later builds.

P

I fleshed the updated Radio... and everything works fine...(can't tell the different yet)

Thanks for putting them in the update.zip format !!

Edited by LCW

System languages: English only

Touch Input languages: English, French, Italian and Spanish

I have upgrade my Hero to that 1.79.482.3, I did not wiped it and the upgrade of the new ROM and the new radio is done.

Now, my iHero is totally in french! As you said only English is included, I wonder how this can be possible??

Allthought I have read that all Rom are the same and include all languages, but at first boot, on my stock french hero, it asks to choose between French or English, not all languages.... Why?

Interesting, will have to check this out!

P

I went into regional settings and I still have the possibility to switch from french to english. Switching from one to the other and back works. I reset to factory settings and at first boot it asks me to choose between french and english. Choosing french works

I can make my french rom available (nandroid backup). I have made an update.zip of it but it seems to me language information is not in system.img or boot.img.

Edited by Lox-

- Market does not clear the "My downloads" list after a wipe out.

Oops wrote to fast after installing a bunch of apps, market wiped out my downloads list, keeping only installed apps.

In most cooked winmo roms, we used to put ELL denoting that is a Greek rom. That is why I am asking.

With that rom, 'adb shell reboot bootloader' gives 'reboot: Operation not permitted' witch was not the case with stock rom.

• 3 weeks later...