10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dwattsy21

Hi guys, just about to get 3.0 on my Hero! Just wanted to check a couple of things, as I still get a bit nervous when doing this stuff...

1. Is the update process exactly the same as previous roms, e.g just apply the zip file through amon ra?

2. I have aps to sd running, is there anything i need to do relating to this, or do i just apply the new rom file and it stays fine?

3. The latest wavesecure update, do i apply that just the same as the ROM, or do i need to uninstall my current wavesecure version or anything?

Cheers guys, and good work to Paul and all you guys that help people out on this forum

Dave

Guest agccheung
Version 3.0 now online!

Changelog

Moved base to 2.73.405.66

Updated busybox to fix colour coding ls issue

Updated kernel to Teknologist 1.9

Updated wpa_supplicant (0.5.11)

Please hit the retweet button on the first post to get the word out! :D

P

Please, please, could we have the Chinese Core 3.0 version? we missed out on 2.9 :'-(

The wavesecure SIM change issue has been resolved with a new update, which i'll repackage shortly.

Going forward, wavesecure will provide a download link for their app ready-packaged for install into ROMs! :D

P

The wavesecure SIM change issue has been resolved with a new update, which i'll repackage shortly.

Going forward, wavesecure will provide a download link for their app ready-packaged for install into ROMs! :D

Great news!

BTW, I just installed the latest wavesecure app from the market, which also restored the SIM change feature for me.

Edit: fixed already, great!!!

Edited by Guest

First of all, hail to the gods of Android - Paul and Teknologist

Finally Hero has came to the iphone's speed! YAY! Even the tilt keyboard is faster than ever..!

However, in my "albums" i get so many folders from applications..These include clocks (about 6 of them), taskiller folder, and bootscreen..some of my images folder is named to something else too..Anyone facing this problem? How to fix this?

Guest justbabu

Finally Hero has came to the iphone's speed! YAY! Even the tilt keyboard is faster than ever..!

However, in my "albums" i get so many folders from applications..These include clocks (about 6 of them), taskiller folder, and bootscreen..some of my images folder is named to something else too..Anyone facing this problem? How to fix this?

Just put a file named into the folders you don't want shown. Album will then not look for media in that particular folder.

EDIT: Ignore this - there's a bug which may result in loss of all media files.

Edited by justbabu

Guest phillevy
Installed fine over 2.8/1.9 and all seems smooth - I have a major concern though - I use apps2sd but my internal storage has gone down from 77mb to 36mb! Any ideas Paul?

I now realise that coming from 2.8 I've lost internal storage due to relocation of the dalvik-cache - could someone explain how this is beneficial? I can see that is possible to move it to /cache but I'm not sure if this has to be done in conjunction with startup scripts - could someone explain this again if possible?

Edited by phillevy

Guest bbawden

Thanks for that tip. So just a blank text file called .nomedia ?

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.9 to 3.0. As I wanted to rebuild my phone from scracth, I decided to wipe it after upgrading.

I just have one problem : I can't find Google Maps any more on the market. No way, even when I try to scan the barcode from androlib ... Same in wifi or 3g.

if anyone has an idea, it would be much appreciated !

edit : ok, I just applied the update.zip again, google maps back online.

very great rom indeed.

Edited by usoska

Just put a file named .nomedia into the folders you don't want shown. Album will then not look for media in that particular folder.

Thank mate..I knew this trick, but is it like a bug in the ROM or something?

Guest Xero Xenith

Hey Paul,

Thanks so much for all your great work, but I'm having some issues downloading the 3.0 ROM. Twice I've tried to download it - first time it gave me ~40-50kbps (on 8Mbit line) then "finished" after a few megs, then it simply redirected to MoDaCo.com. Perhaps a mirror on a filehosting site would be in order?

Guest themadczech

Blimey MCR3.0 is crashing on me like hell... I've had at least 5 random restarts in past 8 hours.

Speed is a bit poor as well. It feels like I've gone back to stock ROM. :D

Guest clarkEEE1
Hey Paul,

Thanks so much for all your great work, but I'm having some issues downloading the 3.0 ROM. Twice I've tried to download it - first time it gave me ~40-50kbps (on 8Mbit line) then "finished" after a few megs, then it simply redirected to MoDaCo.com. Perhaps a mirror on a filehosting site would be in order?

If your downloading on your phone long press link and save link I have just said that about 5 posts ago if you read I had same prob same with any link what don't download.

Guest clarkEEE1
Blimey MCR3.0 is crashing on me like hell... I've had at least 5 random restarts in past 8 hours.

Speed is a bit poor as well. It feels like I've gone back to stock ROM. :D

Maybe bad flash or corupt file somewhere. As for speed do you have apps installed on your phone or sd maybe you need to wipe then flash I have noticed that if you flash a few roms they tend to start to get laggy so back everything up then wipe and reflash sorts everything.