10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Quick update on this... I've rebooted my phone but still can't send or receive texts. I've also checked with a friend who is on Orange UK and lives close by - they can send and receive fine :)

Any ideas?

No problems here with sending/receiving texts with Orange UK with MCR 3.1 Beta 2.

Guest pandablue

have a problem here, hope Paul or somebody could help me, thx in advance

flash 3.1 beta2 twice without wipe, htc widgets are not found.

Chinese version MCR2.8 --->3.0---->3.1 no wipe~~

Guest commodoor

Paul Just one word WOW!!

keyboard is fast, really responsive and really REALLY fast

i never thought that android 1.5 with sens would be this fast really a great job.

I have a question isnt it possible to make a app to make OTA updates for mcr (like cynagon)?

@linofaria its on the first page first post - look at download

Edited by commodoor

Guest theshakyone

I think it's unfair that someone has leaked a working version of this onto a certain torrent site. I will not mention it as i don't think it would be fair for Paul to loose out after the hard work put in. Paul if you can't find it, PM me and i will send you the link and see if i can get it taken down for you. Sorry people if you think i'm a kill joy, but dev's should be rewarded for their work....smile.gif

Guest Konrad Walsh

Possible Bug

Does anyone else have this bug

On any screen pressing VOL+ or VOL- only adjusts the Media Volume not the normal phone volume.

Guest masterpfa
I'd be interested in anyones thoughts on this. So far I seem to be the only person that DOESN'T notice a difference jumping to 3.1 (BTW, 2.9 and 3.0 were a backwards step for me. I kept coming back to 2.8 with the latest radio and Teks 1.91 kernal). Am I a freak or unique??? B)

On that point I do agree. I had myself reverted back to MCR 2.8 for a period of time.

I currently have a number of Nandroid Backups on my SD card

MCR 2.8

MCR 3.0

AOSP 2.0.1

Lox 2.1

I found of the lot MCR 2.8 to be be the fastest and most stable until the current MCR 3.1 Beta 1&2 :)

Guest masterpfa
I don't know whether this is just a network problem or what, but I am currently unable to send or receive texts. Someone contacted me to ask if I got their text, I said "No" so they resent it. It still didn't arrive so I tried texting them, but I keep getting the "Unable to send" error message.

Has anyone else had problems with texts?

Edit: I should have stated - I'm on Orange UK.

I have not had any problems with texts or MMS

T-Mobile UK

:)

Guest commodoor
I think it's unfair that someone has leaked a working version of this onto a certain torrent site. I will not mention it as i don't think it would be fair for Paul to loose out after the hard work put in. Paul if you can't find it, PM me and i will send you the link and see if i can get it taken down for you. Sorry people if you think i'm a kill joy, but dev's should be rewarded for their work....smile.gif

You are not being a kill joy, its the right thing to do. paul did great things to the hero community and he deserves a donate. i don't know who did it i even didn't know it was on torrents but the person is a shame.

Possible Bug

On any screen pressing VOL+ or VOL- only adjusts the Media Volume not the normal phone volume.

at the home screen the volume decrease/increase the phone volume. but it changes when you are using media it will manage the media volume, like listening to music or playing a game. if everything is off and you use the volume buttons it manages the phone volume again.

Guest thecastlefordkid
Possible Bug

Are you getting this when you're on the home screen? If I try the volume buttons when on the home screen, it adjusts the ringer volume as it should do.

Guest commodoor
On that point I do agree. I had myself reverted back to MCR 2.8 for a period of time.

I currently have a number of Nandroid Backups on my SD card

MCR 2.8

MCR 3.0

AOSP 2.0.1

Lox 2.1

I found of the lot MCR 2.8 to be be the fastest and most stable until the current MCR 3.1 Beta 1&2 :)

i agree the mcr 2.8 was really fast and a good version. i had two hero's in hand one with 3.0 and the other 2.8, and i found the 2.8 better. but the 3.1 beats 2.8 even all the older mcr roms.

Guest masterpfa
Paul Just one word WOW!!

keyboard is fast, really responsive and really REALLY fast

i never thought that android 1.5 with sens would be this fast really a great job.

I have a question isnt it possible to make a app to make OTA updates for mcr (like cynagon)?

@linofaria its on the first page first post - look at download

This sounds like a good idea, how practical or how much this would place on your already busy schedule I don't know! :)

Guest Konrad Walsh
Are you getting this when you're on the home screen? If I try the volume buttons when on the home screen, it adjusts the ringer volume as it should do.

Yes you were both right... i installed a music player that runs constantly and that was the problem.. thanks for your help

Guest masterpfa

Totally agree.

The benefits are here for us all, Paul and all the developers here need to be recognised and rewarded for their unselfish devotion to the Android world!

:)

Guest trice1921

I've just become an ad free member, but still can not download this. When i click 'download' on the first post im just taken to modaco.com

Can someone help me??

-Never mind, just used a different browser and it's downloading :)

Edited by trice1921

Guest pandablue
I've just become an ad free member, but still can not download this. When i click 'download' on the first post im just taken to modaco.com

Can someone help me??

you need also log in www.modaco.com then click the link again~~~enjoy

Guest thecastlefordkid

Can someone help me??

Paul's reply to another similar post.....

That's the referrer checking, try disabling adblock or using a different browser.

P

Edited by thecastlefordkid

Guest phpdecoders

Downloaded and installed. It seems to work fine and I did not wipe my phone. But I don't have the HTC widgets?

Edit: And it will not install the HTC widgets from market..

Edited by phpdecoders

Guest craigk

well after getting my Tmobile in Nov and using the great roms Paul has produced I have now subscribed and updated my phone with the 3.1 beta v 2

I am glad to say All went well

I did a wipe first and upon first boot checked for the new widgets everyone is on about There all here!!

This is my first post so a Big HI to everyone and thanks again to paul for all his great work

Craig

Guest agony&htc
- thats the way to go.

- yes they will be moved.

- apps are kept, configs are gone.

I have been debating whether to repartition my card (16 gb class 6, currently all fat32, i.e., it is in its "out-of-the-wrapper" state) and I am curious about your response "apps are kept, configs are gone." If one followed the steps outlined in the post to which you responded, viz., copied all the data on the card back to the card, albeit in a new partition, why would the config info go away?

While I'm at it, let me ask a stupid question: What exactly is the purpose of reformatting the card? I have never been too clear on this, so I would appreciate it if someone could explain it. One reason I hesitate to reformat is that flash devices in gen'l are notorious for failing more quickly when you monkey with the formatting.

Also decided to become a site supporter. Not because I needed the ROM desperately, but to show the appreciation.

Came from 2.9, wipe wasn't needed. I was missing the new HTC widgets though. After a wiping and updating again, all is fine (including new widgets).

Everything works great and so far, no trouble with SMS, haven't tried MMS. I'm on T-Mobile Slovakia

Thanks for the great work, can't wait till you and teknologist get hands on 2.1 from HTC :)

Edited by kn8sk