10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Kaze0010

Hi Paul,

I have recently downloaded MCR 3.1 with 2.73.405.66 and I have to admit it is damn fast but I have 1 problem. I cant seem to connect to my mobile network. Do you have any solution to this problem? I have grateful if you can help me with this. Thks in advance Paul.

I tried to restore my homescreens using My Backup Pro but it didn't work. Not sure if that's of concern to you or not but since it's a Beta I thought I'd report in.

what is the default size of free internal memory we should get after 1st reboot in modaco 3.0 with a2sd?

i get 102 mb free memory.

but when i use 2.01 AOSP Eclair i get 164 mb free memory.

is it normal?

Guest Parano!d
don't install, because iam not money pay Mr Paul ;) so sad

no worry bro, its just showing support to modaco :)

the beta versions are limited only,i'm sure when its final,it will be free B) cheers just a bit wait

Guest Rouzbeh81

Still very happy with this rom. noticed only 1 thing.

last night I've set my alarm for this morning but it didn't go off. I will test this later again no see if it's rom related.

Guest Kaze0010

How about mine problem? I cant seem to connect to my mobile network. Do you guy encounter this problem? Is it also due to beta version?

Edited by Kaze0010

last night I've set my alarm for this morning but it didn't go off. I will test this later again no see if it's rom related.

I've been actually having alarms problem with ALL ROMS (all official roms and all MCR). Sometimes alarm just doesn't go off at all, some time it does. I wasn't able to reproduce this, as it seems totally random to me.

just baught adfree, wow

it's really really fast :)

but i am having a different problem, i tried a few asop roms and now i can't see twidroid at the market anymore

even if i use mcr 3.1 rc1 twidroid is not in the market

should i flash the generic rom, search for twidroid

wipe

flash the mcr 3.1 rc1 and everything should be ok?

i heared that sometimes it's not working because of root, but my colleque has the same phone and modaco too but he can see twidroid

just did it, and after flashing the generic rom i still don't see twidroid but i am not having root at the moment

Edited by qvert

Guest schlagg
Guys how long does it take the 3.0 rom to load up on first boot? I load it just fine from the 1.2.3 Amon recovery image, but the phone has been sitting at the htc screen for like 20 minutes.

Is this just not going to work or what? I did a restore factory settings before i loaded the rom, too. Don't know whats up.

Can anyone help me with this? My AIM name is dudebroxcore

1st time, it take me over 45min without finishing

i got bored and then forced a reboot of the phone, restarted a flash and after 10min max, the mcr3.0 booted normally ...

Guest Chicaned
I've been actually having alarms problem with ALL ROMS (all official roms and all MCR). Sometimes alarm just doesn't go off at all, some time it does. I wasn't able to reproduce this, as it seems totally random to me.

Same. I've had alarm issues on official and non-official ROMS. Sucks.

Guest GodsDevil

Long time since I have visited this forum and seems a lot has changed :)

And for those with the alarm issue, its not the ROM...

This happens if you use a task killer and kill the 'Clock' application. Add clock to the ignore list of the task killer and it will work just fine. Learned my lesson the hard way sometime ago. B)

D

Guest Dan Mullen
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I still don't get it: Since /data is a mount point that refers to memory that lives on the phone, how does it "know" that you reformatted the card?

As far as the purpose of reformatting, I am assuming that the apps2sd application can only save to an ext2/3/4 partition; this is interesting as it means that apps2sd must bypass regular system calls when performing I/O, otherwise the way the card is formatted wouldn't matter.

Again, thanks for the help.

The answer that kendon gave earlier in the thread:

- apps are kept, configs are gone.

Was a response to this question:

If I do wipe, the apps will stay installed, right? But what about their configurations?

If you wipe the phone, /data will be cleared.

Which benchmarker masterpfa?

P

OK Day 2, decided to continue with 3.1 Beta 1 for a full day before upgrading.

No problems to report with Beta 1 so now to Beta 2

Installed and so far all OK

I have decided on a 'No Wipe' Paul, as I have done with all upgrades to date, not sure if this is what you were looking for, please let me know.

I have also, out of interest, carried out a few 'Benchmark' tests, my results below:

MCR 3.0

Graphics: 113.54418

CPU: 155.14532

Memory: 142.79225

Filesystem 2.199167

MCR 3.1 Beta 1

Graphics: 113.74778

CPU: 158.4764

Memory: 143.68716

Filesystem 12.298478

MCR 3.1 Beta 2

Graphics: 115.14073

CPU: 168.04851

Memory: 142.94083

Filesystem 35.63863

All looking good Paul

:)

Guest Dan Mullen

+1 - I've found that, seemingly randomly, the alarm volume gets turned down!

Guest Dan Mullen
EDIT2: I noticed that I still had the low system memory after applying the upgrade (only 23MB on the phone). So I went back to the recovery image and wiped dalvik. Rebooted and, hey presto, I now have 53MB free. Fantastic work.

I'll report back after using it for a while to see what the speed is like (and if the keyboard still has that problem or not).

Thanks again, Paul!

When MCR 2.9 was released, a lot of people posted that they had lost around 30MB internal storage space. This was due to the .odex files for apps in the ROM being moved to the dalvik cache. Now in 3.1, those .odex files have been moved back to /system/app, hence an extra 30MB free :)

Guest GodsDevil

Do you use any "settings" app?

There are a few apps out there which have given me similar issues in the past (quick settings). Make sure you add Clock app in the ignore list of your task killer, disable any "settings" app and then set your alarm. This should fix your issue.

D

Guest thecastlefordkid

Same problem for me this morning. It did eventually go but 10 minutes late, alarm set for 7am, went of at 7.10am.

Might have to step back if this is a problem with the ROM as I rely on the alarm every working day.

And for those with the alarm issue, its not the ROM...

This happens if you use a task killer and kill the 'Clock' application. Add clock to the ignore list of the task killer and it will work just fine. Learned my lesson the hard way sometime ago. B)

Putting clock to ingore list in TasKiller is the first thing I do after installing new ROM :) I've been having the problem even if I reboot and don't use TasKiller at all.

It's definitely NOT a problem with MCR, I figure it's probably some problem in android system. Tried using different alarms from market couple of months ago, all had the same issue. I have multiple alarms set up. Today, the first alarm did not came up. The second alarm did. Did not use the phone between those two.

Edited by kn8sk

Guest GodsDevil
Putting clock to ingore list in TasKiller is the first thing I do after installing new ROM :) I've been having the problem even if I reboot and don't use TasKiller at all.

It's definitely NOT a problem with MCR, I figure it's probably some problem in android system. Tried using different alarms from market couple of months ago, all had the same issue. I have multiple alarms set up. Today, the first alarm did not came up. The second alarm did. Did not use the phone between those two.

That's a first....

Never had this problem here..but then I have 3 alarms set and am able to wake up only when the 3rd one goes off so wouldn't be able to comment B)

D

+1 - I've found that, seemingly randomly, the alarm volume gets turned down!

That's already happening in my MCR 3.0 w/ Tknologist 1.91.

There seems to be no way to turn it back on.

Guest munkimatt

I've had this alarm issue since buying the phone, stock and custom ROMs, the only way I've found to ensure it works is to check every night by selecting one alarm, selecting Alarm Sound and then pressing the one I've chosen. If it doesn't make a sound I have to use the volume keys to turn it back up.

I'm now wondering if its a bug that occurs when you put the phone onto silent?