10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest keef319

I've put google maps on. Old version though. The app still doesn't show up in "my downloads". I've tried using aTrackDog, which does say there's an update. But when I try to update via the market, again, it doesn't find it!

Guest PrinzEisenherz1

I have the same problems with the market like Keef. Some applications will no longer be found.

e.g. google maps, vz-netzwerke,...

Edited by PrinzEisenherz1

Guest davey4444
I have the same problems with the market like Keef. Some applications will no longer be found.

e.g. google maps, vz-netzwerke,...

Me too, I cannot find Google Maps in the market now.

Guest david279

I think google maps was pulled out of the 1.5 market as it was updated for 1.6 or above devices. It wont show for any device with 1.5 on it. They assume you already have it on your phone. sucks a bit.

Guest ghoonk

Just paid for an Ad Free account and installed RC2. Hero seems to be a little faster after startup, esp Messages and GoogleTalk. Hope this speed bump keeps up.

This Ad Free account I just signed up for is well worth it considering that I have 2 Nexus One phones coming in next week, and I'm pretty sure Paul has some good things up his sleeve for Nexus :)

Guest heyodee
It would be a great idea, to hack this file in order to install applications that are meant for 1.6/2.0 etc.

Does anyone knows how to do that?

not sure that is good idea

Edited by heyodee

Guest Marcon
Any news on public release yet Paul? :)

other than we are all waiting anxiously for the HTC release of Android 2.1 , we got to wait for new ROM from Paul B) ahh .. life is hard .. heheh

Hello Paul and Forum Members,

This is my first post and I've never joined a forum before so please be gentle.

I've been reading this forum and decided to join ad free. I’m not very technical at all so please bear with me. I’m in the US and I recently purchased a Telus HTC Hero. I would like to ask some questions because I’m not finding many US Telus HTC Hero users.

Can someone not technical do this ROM update (I can use a ccomputer and follow directions)?

My Hero is stock untouched. What is the first thing I should do?

If I change the ROM will my Hero still work as it does now on the AT&T 3G network (mms, sms, etc...)?

Any suggestion or links to help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Regards,

Mo

Guest MrPadie

Paul, I must just take this opportunity to say thank you. You have put so much of your own personal time and effort into expanding the features and usage of a lot of cell phone/smartphone models, and I commend you for that, to say the least. Using your ROM's, I am able to bring out the full potential of my Hero, and I am loving every minute of it. I am newly registered on the forums, but have been an active reader of them for some time now, and today, I purchased my subscription to just say thank you for your hard work and time spent.

I haven't even gotten around to loading this ROM yet, but I can be confident when I say that it will be something of great results, as with all your other ROM's.

Keep up the good work, and if you ever need some testing done, or even some help with anything, you give me a shout, and I'll be happy to help you out. It's the least I can do to say thank you (other then a donation :) ) for these amazing works of art. HTC/Google should really hire you to create their ROM's.

Keep well, and thank you once again.

Padie

Guest heyodee
Hey Paul, RC2stable and fast so far, but my ggole maps isn't working anymore. Get a FC. Hadn't done a wipe bevor updating. Anyone else?

Wipe -> Flash -> Enjoy

Guest geovass
Hey Paul, RC2stable and fast so far, but my ggole maps isn't working anymore. Get a FC. Hadn't done a wipe bevor updating. Anyone else?

try removing the application - reboot and push it over again.

It works fine.

Guest babiboi228

You should always do a wipe after flashing i learned that along time ago with my htc tilt wimo and also i still flash without my sim card in as well.I dont care if its a no wipe rom or not i still do it b4 and after

Guest Dan Mullen
You should always do a wipe after flashing i learned that along time ago with my htc tilt wimo and also i still flash without my sim card in as well.I dont care if its a no wipe rom or not i still do it b4 and after

If you wipe after you'll lose quite a few features including Google Maps.

Guest Dan Mullen
Never Had that Problem Mr Mullen

Have you done that with MCR for the Hero? Paul has moved certain apps to /data, so if you flash the ROM then wipe, you'll lose anything that was in /data - this includes Google Maps, the new HTC widgets, QuickOffice, Wifi Tether, etc...