10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi ZiCoN

I'm not I follow you, the Danish T9 has been there since it came offcially to denmark. My phone had it, just no danish keyboard and language in the phone itself.

But the T9 was there and worked, which it still does with the modaco version 1.5.1. I'm not 100% sure that the GUI is completely done with danish translation.

/VI

THANK YOU !! :)

That was exactly the answer I was hoping / looking for :)

Updating NOW! :)

Wee, that was fast :)

BTW: Has anyone noticed if there are still problems receiving SMS since Paul started using the leaked update? A lot of people are reporting that some SMS never show up when using the original ROM, and HTC says that it should be fixed in the upcoming update. I've never experienced this myself though, or at least not to my knowledge.

I just hope it is fixed for the people who have been getting it. I have lots of Angry people asking why I never replied!

Guest BandedHawk

Everything seems to be working more or less on the 1.5.1 with an update to 1.5.0 without a wipe in between. Missing the little waving android boot screen though - especially seeing as I'm rebooting the Hero more than a Microsoft PC. :) Also donated via a year ad-free. Love the work and tips for the custom ROM.

Hi ZiCoN

I'm not I follow you, the Danish T9 has been there since it came offcially to denmark. My phone had it, just no danish keyboard and language in the phone itself.

But the T9 was there and worked, which it still does with the modaco version 1.5.1. I'm not 100% sure that the GUI is completely done with danish translation.

/VI

Did the update... really really cool! BUT, I can't seem to find other T9 languages than English :/

Guest Igniztion
I'll put the boot in without the sound next time shall I? :)

P

I'm just waiting for the ROM where we boot our phones and see you grinning and waving on the bootscreen.

Use custom locale to set locale and I *believe* this should give you the language you need for T9?

P

Hey Paul

First of all congrats on this amazing job..

When I select the danish custom locale it actually changes everything into danish (well almost anyway :) ) But I still only get the english T9

Guest englishpunk
I'll put the boot in without the sound next time shall I? :)

P

I quite like the sound personally, mainly because of the wave sound at the end, what is it they about small things ? :)

Guest BoogWeed
2.73.405.5 WWE SHIP update in the house (thanks __htc__)!

Analysis here, update zips to follow. Radio, vanilla and rooted tonight, 1.6 tomorrow! :)

P

You're too quick for us stragglers.. :)

I'm currently on 1.5, Can you confirm if the wifi issue (obtaining the IP and ultimately connecting) will be fixed in 1.6?

I've entered my IP/Subnet/DNS details in manually (in 1.5) so it works fine while I'm at home, but it's not really suitable to do this when out and about using hotspots etc... I don't know about others but I use the wifi enough to resort to rolling back to original ROM just so this works for me... I really don't want to as Mdocao is just awesome!

:)

Blue Tooth Audio seems to work for me now, using 1.5, I know pioneer are a little different went it comes to BT and Stereo interface.

My Sony Head unit works great with it now, (much better than stock Rom)

Same here, now it is working all right !

Thanks a lot Paul you're doing a great work, my account is now upgraded !

You're too quick for us stragglers.. :)

I'm currently on 1.5, Can you confirm if the wifi issue (obtaining the IP and ultimately connecting) will be fixed in 1.6?

I've entered my IP/Subnet/DNS details in manually (in 1.5) so it works fine while I'm at home, but it's not really suitable to do this when out and about using hotspots etc... I don't know about others but I use the wifi enough to resort to rolling back to original ROM just so this works for me... I really don't want to as Mdocao is just awesome!

:)

If it's fixed in the shipping ROM, it'll be fixed in 1.6...

P

Wee, that was fast :)

BTW: Has anyone noticed if there are still problems receiving SMS since Paul started using the leaked update? A lot of people are reporting that some SMS never show up when using the original ROM, and HTC says that it should be fixed in the upcoming update. I've never experienced this myself though, or at least not to my knowledge.

yes, unfortunelly.. Today i received only 2 of 10 (10 - as far as i know, maybe more) sms.

And again, sorry if im too insistent: "by the way: What do you think about cpu frequency setting to ~50% when phone isn't active?"

I think this mod can much increase battery life. Personally i don't care how my phone is slower and even laggy if i don't use it at this moment. He can download new email after couple of seconds more, seriously;)

Edited by vier

Guest MagnusPedersen
I know it's really annoying that people repeat themselves, but could anyone please check the language list for the predictive xT9 if danish should be inthere?

It is.

Guest BandedHawk

Tried the latest radio update - the WiFi scan list isn't bouncing my two access points around as crazily and the WPA2 authentication was complete before the phone had completed loading up all the other programs! Sweet!! :)

Guest mikeytjee

I cant Make a nandroid backup it says:

Performing backup.

Error running nandroid backup.Backup not performed.

please help /

I was running on the prevrious release of the modaco rom

Currently uploading the 2.73.05.5 in update.zip format without radio, update.zip format with radio, update.zip simple rooted and full windows RUU format.

I will update my updates post as the uploads complete. Wish my DSL uplink was quicker! :)

P