10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lambstone

using this rom and the older 2.8 and 3.0 versions, i have no been able to get a lock on for the gps. Ive tried sygic maps and sportypal but even after around 5 mins, i do not get any signal. why is this so?

sweet, right before i go off to bed i glance over to twitter...! damn it why do i have you in twitter!

oh well, ROM update before bed never hurt anyone!

and i only just baked my propper 3.1 this afternoon!

Guest nuclear_pup

Hi all , from Singapore here, and after reading all the good stuff about rooting, I decided to take the plunge last night and got myself Modaco's 3.1 and it's looking every bit like a one way ticket for me from now .. (wonder what I have been doing with my hero all these while!!!)

Anyway , nice ROM from Paul.. just found one glitch so far, that is you can't add 2 clock widgets on the same page, tried adding 2 clocks on the home page , 1 with Singapore time and the other UK , but only one will show up after you reboot.. no biggies really ..

Guest schlagg

Hi,

some strange thing :

since 3.1, when i get a call, my phone stay quiet

i checked my phone and ringtones settings, all seems fine

i did a test, and see that when i receive a call, there is the "silent icone" which appear in the notification var for about 1 second and then disapear ....

i install the rom on MCR 3.0 without wiping ....

edit : for SMS, there's no problem ...

Edited by schlagg

Guest lambstone
GPS works fine on mine.

Stay outside longer to get your initial first fix?

P

Oh, my GPS worked finally after a long time for fixing. There one other problem though, my windows 7 home premium pc can detect a htc device connected but htc sync does not detect my hero.

Edited by lambstone

New icon for no signal eh.

Fast work, feels nice, definitely snappy. Snappier than 3.1, not sure (I only used that for a couple days :))

Definitely worth paying for the greatness you bring to these phones B)

Guest themadczech
Having some problems with Settings and Acore processes. Keeps crashing on me when trying to access Exchange Activesync or sync with Exchange.

In my custom "bake" I excluded Mail. Guess I have to keep it :/

Resolved by including "Mail" in my "special brew" of custom ROM.

Guest nuclear_pup
The HTC Clock Widget has one with dual clocks.

There is , but I have problem using that because you can select your home country and the other will be the current location. Unless I choose my home to be UK , I will not be able to use that, and that will cause some problem as all my schedule will be messed up as it's on UK timezone.

For the kitchen, yeah, adding radio is an option.

P

Paul,

Is this a current or future option? Just came from the kitchen and didn't see a add current radio option.

Edited by MoWeb

Guest commodoor
can't use SUFBS to delete files from /system.

wonder if the problem lies with SUFBS or modaco 3.1.

i remember that it worked with 3.0.

I also noticed it, but you can also use ES file explorer. you can also browse as root. look in settings you will see "Root explorer"

Guest commodoor
Oh, my GPS worked finally after a long time for fixing. There one other problem though, my windows 7 home premium pc can detect a htc device connected but htc sync does not detect my hero.

I don't think this is MCR related it can also happen in Stock ROM. did you try it with another pc or OS?

Guest Firasco

Just loaded 3.0 and my SD card doesn't work anymore.

I formatted it on the PC but it's still not detected when inserted into my HTC Hero.

How can I save this 16GB SD card? Does this have to do with "A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!)"

??

Thanks

just subscribed, to support your great work.

thank you B)

A Beta of MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.2 for GSM Hero is now available to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus members!

Download and install in the usual way, i'll be updating this frequently and moving it into the online-kitchen in a later revision. This Beta 1 release is the new .73 'building block' on which advancements will be based. Lots to come! ;)

See the post below for changes since 3.1. Enjoy! :)

MCR 3.2 DOWNLOAD

P

Changelog

Changes since 3.1

Rebuild based on the .73 update

Updated WiFi Tether

Updated APNs list