10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teknologist
The WEP encryption in wireless tethering app does not work. Is this only in my case?

It has never worked on the Hero ROMS...

We tried everything, even upgraded wpa_supplicant...

might be a Hero Kernel specific incompatibility...

One difference noted.

On all previous MoDaCo versions there have been a choice on the settings side, Settings/Wireless controls/Mobile network settings/ where you could limit the connection to 2G only if you wanted. This setting have disappeared...

I use it quite frequently so is there a chance to get it back..???

Edited by hbert

3.1 Beta 2 online.

Changes since Beta 1

Fixed build.prop

3G speed tweaks to build.prop

Started migrating Android 2.1 resources (some app icons currently)

Updated Titanium Backup

Miscellaneous tweaks

:)

P

Ah, I wonder if 3 requested that option removed? I'll look into it!

P

I think they did, since they only have a native 3G network. If you use GPRS, I believe it drops back to O2's GPRS network, and presumably that costs 3 as part of a 'roaming' agreement, like what they have in America.

Updated without problems, i think build.prop file still needs some polishment, comparing to the version in 3.1 (i mean 3 specific settings compared to wwe).

maybe this is unnecessary.

build.prop is ok now, 3g hack is working. new gmail icon looks fine B)

3.1 Beta 2 online.

Changes since Beta 1

Fixed build.prop

3G speed tweaks to build.prop

Started migrating Android 2.1 resources (some app icons currently)

Updated Titanium Backup

Miscellaneous tweaks

:)

P

Guest Chris Jenx
I think they did, since they only have a native 3G network. If you use GPRS, I believe it drops back to O2's GPRS network, and presumably that costs 3 as part of a 'roaming' agreement, like what they have in America.

That was going to be my response.

I'm wondering if this version would fix my GF's 'always wanting to roam' problem... I'll give it a go at some point. Seen as she's using a TMob handset unlocked with Three.

Guest masterpfa

Just flashed 3.2 Beta 2, having tried only minutes before 3.2 Beta 1

Prefer the feel and look of Beta 2, seems very, very quick and installation was trouble free!

I still have my Nandroid Backup of my customised Kitchen ROM, but with the intent on testing for testing sake giving it a try.

I wonder in Teknologist 1.92 has anything to do with this.

I will keep an eye on this for a few days unless of course a RC version is released or even better Kitchen :)

Great work Teknologist & Keramidas for your additions

Thanks Paul once again :)

Guest Incomer

i have one problem, yesterday fresh installed the rom, but only english is availble? all other language or gone :), and i am dutch so i like the dutch dictionarie :)....

updated to beta 2 isn't fixing the problem....

But further its a really good and stable rom :) (and the market fix isn't working, but it can that i am flaggged(again).. so maybe need to install 2.0.1.r6 to fix the problem)

Guest String Theory

I just bought my Hero and I liked your 3.1-rom so much, that I decided to get an ad-free account. So for that reason, I'll download the 3.2b2-rom. Hope it's even better. Will report bugs if I find some. Keep on the good work!

Guest LTourist

Hi,

Great ROM ! Seems to be faster than 3.0, but we'll see in a few days. I noticed some minor issues regarding the new HTC widgets : I can't find it in the HTC's widgets list or in the Android's widget list. Also, Titanium Backup systematicaly crashes at startup since the second time. I've updated it from the Market, but now, I only got the "Overview" tab....

Also, another question for further upgrades : can I remove the apps I do not want from the zip file itself before flashing and then sign and flash it ???

Thanks,

LTourist

Guest Harbringer

I just suscribed to download the 3.2 Beta, and i have only one word to says : WOW !

I read the entire post about the 3G hack, and i was convinced that it was an urban legend ....

And again : WOW !

In France 3G+ is restreind to 3G speed, because providers want to keep bandwith to 3G usb key 30€/month....

Exception for the Iphone around 1,5 Mbits/s. We are far from 7,2 Mbits !!

MCR 3.1 500 - 700 kbits/s

MCR 3.2 1200 - 1500 kbits/s

It seems that the hack overwrites the limits of the provider ...

Paul, Great job !! Thanks

Guest davey4444

Works fine for me at the moment too. I've just noticed that in Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile network settings > Data roaming the settings are now Never / National data roaming only / Automatic with the default being Never. I'm sure that in previous versions of MCR (3.0 anyway) that they have been different. Does anyone else have this?

Also is "national data roaming" slightly contradictory?

Guest Incomer
Works awesome here! I like the new icons! @incomer... maybe something went wrong because mine Hero is still completely in Dutch!

you have probably updated from 3.1 or something? if you install the beta with a wipe etc you don't have it

One difference noted.

On all previous MoDaCo versions there have been a choice on the settings side, Settings/Wireless controls/Mobile network settings/ where you could limit the connection to 2G only if you wanted. This setting have disappeared...

I use it quite frequently so is there a chance to get it back..???

Mine is now stuck on 2g as I hardly ever get 3g signal, but I cant change it if I want to! I'm sure it will get resolved...

Hi,

Great ROM ! Seems to be faster than 3.0, but we'll see in a few days. I noticed some minor issues regarding the new HTC widgets : I can't find it in the HTC's widgets list or in the Android's widget list. Also, Titanium Backup systematicaly crashes at startup since the second time. I've updated it from the Market, but now, I only got the "Overview" tab....

Also, another question for further upgrades : can I remove the apps I do not want from the zip file itself before flashing and then sign and flash it ???

Thanks,

LTourist

you need to wipe (and reflash) if you want the htc widgets to work if you come from 3.0 (or 2.9).

and yes, you can delete apps from the zipfile. you just need to pay attention what you remove, but it seems you are aware of that. i do it with every mcr i flash (probably no more necessary thanks to the kitchen...).