10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stripealipe

+1 For better battery life here :)

Gawd, just waiting for some 2.1 goodness now. Been quite a wait, and we're so far left behind on Hero in terms of new applications not being available to us 1.5 users.

Bit annoying considering we all invested in what was a flagship product for HTC at the time.

I mean they could have at least given their customers some feedback and information as to when it might ship. It doesn't have to be a secret does it?!

Will be moving my allegiance to another manufacturer at some point this year for sure. Making sure Paul is cooking for it of course :)

Guest commodoor
love the snappyness of 3.2 beta, thanks Paul for the good work.

I've noticed longer battery life, not sure if it is just me or not though.

Now I can show my hero to my other friend for how smooth it can be comparing to the iphone :-)

Yes battery drain is much much better, if you tried 2.0.1 ROMS they have battery drain damn.

..just installed this..Usually not a fan of mod. roms, but this I like! The kitchen decided it for me, became premium member, and no regretts so far :-D

Keep up the good work!

Guest Alastyr
Yeah I stopped trusting the alarm on the Hero a LONG time ago!! I even added clock to TasKiller to make sure I didn't accidentally turn it off. Didn't work. Still rubbish! lol

I have to recommend using Alarmed, its a pay-app (free version available.)

Regarding the removal of the default message app..

It might not work as you want to.

I only use the handcent app, but when I remove the default message app I had trouble with mms and sms.

They either came late or never.

Don't think its a good idea, I know at least ChompSMS requires it to download MMS.

Can't wait for 3.2 to appear in kitchen! :)

Guest kingkeld

Paul,

I just went from 3.1 Kitchen to 3.2b2. It seems faster to me, and the "sticky" keys using Handcent SMS seems to work much much better. What a great job you are doing on this. I truly appreciate it.

However, wavesecure force closes on me after installing 3.2b2. Is there a way to fix this? I would hate to lose Wavesecure! What is even worse is that (I guess) due to the nature of the program, it will keep restarting, and then Force Closing, rendering this beta useless for me. :) Please tell me this can be fixed...

Kingkeld.

EDIT: I uninstalled Wavesecure, reinstalled through market (they advertise FREE lifetime Wavesecure if you get it before 1/31/10 - does this also count the one in MCR 3.2?) and after a little fiddling it seems to work. I am a happy bunny.

Edited by kingkeld

Guest BreTT57
Just to test what my fellow Dutchmen were saying I installed 3.2 on a completely wiped device. And, yes indeed, only English available. Now I first installed 3.1 and then updated it to 3.2 and Dutch is back... How come Paul?

Hi all!

Same issue for me after a wipe. Only English is available during the installation of the beta2. I will install the 3.1 and upgrade to 3.2 beta2.

Edited by BreTT57

Guest commodoor
EDIT: I uninstalled Wavesecure, reinstalled through market (they advertise FREE lifetime Wavesecure if you get it before 1/31/10 - does this also count the one in MCR 3.2?) and after a little fiddling it seems to work. I am a happy bunny.

i think (not sure) is when you have registered a number to your phone. so if you keep updating you shouldn't have any problems. but if you gonna use another number (after 1/31/2010) then you have to pay for the service. and i think it will go out of beta version.

Guest markspark100

I'm running 3.2 beta 2, the last few messages I've received, the notification doesn't disappear I've had to clear it manually. Dunno if anyone else has had this issue.

Mark

It's just a menu option. Install morelocale then you can select Dutch I believe...

P

Hi Paul,

That's correct with morelocale you can select Dutch as your interface language, but after a wipe and fresh install of 3.2 you cannot select Dutch as your keyboard language.

Hope its just a small fix. Worked around it by first installing my custom custom 3.1 and after that apply 3.2.

Thanx,

D.

Guest Dan Mullen
It is almost impossible for me to keep this version, the battery is draining way to fast, it is not even surviving the night. I am so sad, cause this MCR 3.1 is amazing, really fast!!!!

Is this normal? Is there a way to fix this?

This is usually down to some app hogging the CPU... try using one of the many task killer apps to see what's running and close one thing at a time until you track down the culprit.

Just installed this today after getting my phone rooted, just wondered, when I press the Home button a box pops up saying "complete action using" then i get 2 options - "home" and "HTC Sense". I can choose a default application for future use so its not a problem but did this happen for everybody?

Guest Xylphia
Are your APN settings in there?

P

Thanks Paul! You were right, all the APN settings were gone. I just need to add them back and it is all running fine! thanks!

Guest Dark Riderz
This is usually down to some app hogging the CPU... try using one of the many task killer apps to see what's running and close one thing at a time until you track down the culprit.

My battery too is getting drained... i used task killers and astro to kill all services... my battery gets better but not as on 3.0.... by the way i wiped and flashed 3.1 again...

Is there any other things which i missed... thank you... i using latest radios too...

Guest anderneo
Just installed this today after getting my phone rooted, just wondered, when I press the Home button a box pops up saying "complete action using" then i get 2 options - "home" and "HTC Sense". I can choose a default application for future use so its not a problem but did this happen for everybody?

Just make a pick between those 2 and press the thing that says 'Remember choice' or whatsoever.. :)

Guest stripealipe
My battery too is getting drained... i used task killers and astro to kill all services... my battery gets better but not as on 3.0.... by the way i wiped and flashed 3.1 again...

Is there any other things which i missed... thank you... i using latest radios too...

My battery seems to be running fine. Better than it ever has been to be honest.

When you wiped, did you do a complete wipe including the dalvik cache just to make sure it was completely fresh?

And try partitioning your card whilst you're there too.

This should ensure a completely fresh install without any extraneous code lying around anywhere.

Then try a flash and run it as a basic install for a while and observe the battery usage before adding applications.

I also stopped using taskillers way back once Paul started making custom ROMs as i don't feel they are needed. Try without and see how you go.

Guest commodoor
I'm running 3.2 beta 2, the last few messages I've received, the notification doesn't disappear I've had to clear it manually. Dunno if anyone else has had this issue.

Mark

I had this isseu to one time (not with mcr 3.x) but i turned off the notification and right after that i turned it on again. this worked for me, maybe for you to.

Hi Paul,

That's correct with morelocale you can select Dutch as your interface language, but after a wipe and fresh install of 3.2 you cannot select Dutch as your keyboard language.

Hope its just a small fix. Worked around it by first installing my custom custom 3.1 and after that apply 3.2.

Thanx,

D.

I think this is the isseu with the new released rom for the 3. if you want dutch i suggest you first install mcr 3.1 and then do a update to 3.2beta2. i came from updates and i don't miss my language (dutch).

Guest JamesKing

Just want to mention that there are browser bookmarks in Beta 2 which are Three specific. You might want to see about putting your own custom bookmarks on to your builds, like android.modaco.com or something, along with the default ones?

Oh, and remove the Three ones, of course...