10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

Changes since Beta 2

Now delivered via the online kitchen to facilitate rapid availability of any required changes

Removed 3 favourites from Browser and 3 desktop icons

Full rebuild

Hi again P

FYI, seems like the chown/mod /data/app error is back if you do not select any apps in data...

I'm going to choose a little one to confirm.

Nevertheless, still so great !!!

Hi again P

FYI, seems like the chown/mod /data/app error is back if you do not select any apps in data...

I'm going to choose a little one to confirm.

Nevertheless, still so great !!!

Oopsie!

Fixed.

:)

P

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=

1 is missing from the end, correct is:

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

Guest jotapesse
Now delivered via the online kitchen to facilitate rapid availability of any required changes

Paul,

Regarding the online kitchen and your roms, congratulations for your excellent work. May I suggest that, to increase ease of use and readability, you move the software options "about" images from the right to the left, just before the check mark. You may also consider reducing the columns width and/or use a single column only. Just my 2 cents...

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=

1 is missing from the end, correct is:

ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

Fixed, redownload if required!

P

Working (somewhat) on my Telus HTC Hero!!! (Was trying to use the CDMA one, thought telus hero = spring hero, turns out the GSM ROM works!!)

My goal however, is apparently very different from everyone else :). Here is what I want to accomplish:

1. Rooted phone (market enabler) so I can get paid apps and rooted apps (paid apps not available in Canada, thanks google)

2. Stock HTC SenseUI (7 home screens, theme, bottom launcher etc...) with all the widgets

3. WaveSecure loaded on system

I get 2 out of three, so I could deal if I could get my facebook account to load so I can sync my contacts. Every time I open an HTC widget or try to configure the social networks I get a force close (i.e. The application Social Networks (process com.htc.socialnetwork.accountmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again) Any ideas?

I did do a full partition/ext2-3/wipe/flash both times, and had the same problem. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, I was thinking of trying a kitchen rom but wanted to know if its possible to get the stock senseUI and htc stuff working before I signed up and started

Edited by rakig

Guest jazzjunkz

Very grateful for what you're doing Paul.

Flashed MCR 3.0 not too long ago, then was surprised to see the 3.1 build out so quickly and flashed it yesterday after a clean wipe. Not to my surprise this build is faster than the previous with obviously more functionality.

Looking forward to the next build. Lets just hope 2.1 comes as rumoured in February for you to get your hands onto. :)

Tempted to go Ad Free!

Guest adolfopacheco

Well, after a while I realize that I has not just having problems with my battery but also with the WiFi, it stopped working, so after a few flashes, going back to a stock version and then again to the 3.1, it suddenly got fixed, my battery is way better than before and the WiFi is working great, it has better signal.

So I guess that all of you having issues with battery and Wifi, it is just a matter of flashing problems, maybe some files from previous version are still there and are generating issues on the current ROM.

So for now, I am again a happy customer of Paul's ROM. Amazing job!!!

Guest francisbacon

lol everyone seems to be reporting different experiences

for me 3.1 is stable, smooth, wifi is working better, market downloads better, and dare i say the battery seems to be lasting longer too!

Cheers

:)

Just baked me a ROM with v3.2, beta 3. No problems installing it over 3.1, and so far it seems fast and responsive. I'll let you know if I get into any problems. :)

Krissi