10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Arcalius
Without wanting to go through the whole thread, has any one on o2 had problems sending MMS messages with this ROM? It works with 3.1 but not with 3.25b.

Anyone?

Guest salahag

3.2b is definitely snappier all the time. been using it for a couple of days now.

But....

with the modified internal memory management settings, it keeps closing background applications that I need to stay running no matter what RAM is available, as they refresh content frequently. Like FeedR Demo and some news apps.

I know it's been mentioned somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

How can I change these settings? And what are the original default memory limits?

Is there a way to exclude some applications in the system memory management?

thanks

Guest nicandris
3.2b is definitely snappier all the time. been using it for a couple of days now.

But....

with the modified internal memory management settings, it keeps closing background applications that I need to stay running no matter what RAM is available, as they refresh content frequently. Like FeedR Demo and some news apps.

How can I change these settings? And what are the original default memory limits?

thanks

+1. It's really annoying having to wait for touchflo to boot after i exit browser for example. Or Lockbot!

Hi to all! I've just discovered the modaco custom roms and now I'm a adfree member.the speed in the ROM is amazing,but i have a problem with this 3.2b5 and too 3.1

The phone lost Internet connection always is sleeping,so i have no push mail that is anoying.

I mean that no H ir G signal after waken up,i have to wait to appear the Internet signal.

This happens too with a fresh install after wipe everything.

I need push mail so, help please!

Thanks in advance

Guest Arthur Hucksake
Hi to all! I've just discovered the modaco custom roms and now I'm a adfree member.the speed in the ROM is amazing,but i have a problem with this 3.2b5 and too 3.1

The phone lost Internet connection always is sleeping,so i have no push mail that is anoying.

I mean that no H ir G signal after waken up,i have to wait to appear the Internet signal.

This happens too with a fresh install after wipe everything.

I need push mail so, help please!

Thanks in advance

That could be a settings issue.

I know for Wifi if you goto Settings > Wireless Controls > WiFi Settings > Push Menu button > Advanced > WiFi Sleep Policy

In there you can set it to not turn off when phone is set to sleep.

Strange your 3G settings won't stick though.

Thx!

I´ll try it.

That could be a settings issue.

I know for Wifi if you goto Settings > Wireless Controls > WiFi Settings > Push Menu button > Advanced > WiFi Sleep Policy

In there you can set it to not turn off when phone is set to sleep.

Strange your 3G settings won't stick though.

Guest dwattsy21
Remove any taskiller apps you may be using as it interferes with the internal Android task killer.

Remove taskiller? I always thought using this was essential to keeping the speed up? Is this a new thing with the latest ROM, as I have always used taskiller? Sorry if i have missed something, but that has surprised me.

Do you guys all not use a taskiller anymore??What if you have loads of stuff running?

Remove taskiller? I always thought using this was essential to keeping the speed up? Is this a new thing with the latest ROM, as I have always used taskiller? Sorry if i have missed something, but that has surprised me.

Do you guys all not use a taskiller anymore??What if you have loads of stuff running?

I still use task panel lite - I found this one to work best for me. I did stop using a task killer after recommendation in this thread but found things like HTC mail were getting closed down when memory got low, thus stopping me from getting alerts. I use systray monitor from the market which gives me a real time RAM icon on the task bar. I configure task panel lite to ignore my key programs, and when I see the ram get low I kill all other tasks. Personally I think a task killer is essential, as for some reason most apps never close completely when you exit - some programs I use every now and again and I don't want/need them running in RAM for days.

EDIT: I don't use any autokill functions

Edited by Higgsy

Guest dwattsy21
I still use task panel lite - I found this one to work best for me. I did stop using a task killer after recommendation in this thread but found things like HTC mail were getting closed down when memory got low, thus stopping me from getting alerts. I use systray monitor from the market which gives me a real time RAM icon on the task bar. I configure task panel lite to ignore my key programs, and when I see the ram get low I kill all other tasks. Personally I think a task killer is essential, as for some reason most apps never close completely when you exit - some programs I use every now and again and I don't want/need them running in RAM for days.

EDIT: I don't use any autokill functions

Cheers Higgsy

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Hi folks,

Do you know the command to check to see if Compcache is enabled or disabled with this rom?

Want to check to see if I made a balls up when I cooked the rom.

Hey guys, got a few problems after I flashed this rom. Hope you can help.

1st. For some reason, I cannot get the phone to boot with my memory card I partitioned for use with A2SD. If I take it out, it will boot up fine. Also I cannot format it back to its standard form. I.e. It is currently formatted to 6.9GB whereas before it was around 7.6GB. I haven't yet installed A2SD due to the fact the phone wouldn't boot correctly.

2nd. I flashed the Rom and everything was fine, until I partitioned my memory card. When I had the problem, I was booting the phone and then inserting the card after it had finished booting. For some reason, the apps I had installed had disappeared and I had to reinstall them but as soon as you reboot the phone, they're gone again. This also happened with Wi-Fi tether, which comes stock on the Rom. I have now changed the memory card to a normal unpartitioned card and the phone is fine. Apps stay as they should. I have performed several factory resets and the Wi-Fi tether still hasn't returned. I will re download the Rom again and try and install it again.

Thanks

Liam

Guest delanvital

I have downloaded the autokiller app to try and adjust the memory killing timings. I need to do so, because - as mentioned also - it keeps killing the Sense interface. What I don't know is - what type of app is Rosie? Hidden? Content provider? and so on...

Guest Arthur Hucksake
I have downloaded the autokiller app to try and adjust the memory killing timings. I need to do so, because - as mentioned also - it keeps killing the Sense interface. What I don't know is - what type of app is Rosie? Hidden? Content provider? and so on...

Something is going wrong there, i've never come across that on any Modaco rom install tbh. Might be worth a back up and reflash.

Guest fredphoesh
Feedback / feature requests welcome! :(

Hi there

I have been looking for an answer to this problem, but have not found one...

Some apps, some paid, some free, are invisible in Market, and were there before I installed this ROM

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Mark.

Guest masterpfa

But....

thanks

You best bet would be to install an app like MinFreeManager, this allows you to customise your setting and to have them saved after a reboot.

I have been using it for some time now without any issues. This Tool has the settings in Mbs so easier to understand your settings.

P.S. Compcache needs to be disabled for the taskkiller patch to work

Edited by masterpfa

Guest The_IMF

Working pretty good for me so far; lag is as minimal as I've ever seen on my phone.

I had that Alarm issue with 3.1 but 3.2 seems to work fine with it.

Only problem is that I have noticed that the Mail task did get killed which I would prefer to keep running at all times - any way to ignore certain tasks?

Guest delanvital
Would it be possible to add the Android Audio Hack in to the Kitchen, as an option? (there are 4 to choose from)

http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/

The files are available from the downloads section of the above website, and need to be put in system/etc :(

Cheers,

James

I'd vouch for that. An app I can not do without and it is fairly leight weight.

Guest delanvital
Something is going wrong there, i've never come across that on any Modaco rom install tbh. Might be worth a back up and reflash.

Just did another flash of the 3.2b5. Hope this helps. Really not in the mood for a wipe :(

Hi, autokiller will help remove unwanted apps from task list and let the system fill the free memory with cache. this will also make possible that not well written programs wont be able to consume resources while they are in background. a task killer is still needed if you manually want to kill specific apps. I highly recommend Process Manager, as it has a very good desktop widget, and feature rich app.

for autokilling tweaks let me suggest my AutoKiller app, it is quick and has some advanced features.

Guest The_IMF
Would it be possible to add the Android Audio Hack in to the Kitchen, as an option? (there are 4 to choose from)

http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/

The files are available from the downloads section of the above website, and need to be put in system/etc :(

Cheers,

James

Which one would you say is the best? I got Louder Volume Hack which is now as LVH 3.3 on my phone... it increases the volume a bit too much and causes distortion on music through the loud speaker on some of the settings. I'm sure I paid for that app as well...