10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest commodoor
Oh good, I need something new to flash, I aint flashed anything for a month

Yhea me2, i was used to flash it every couple of days and test it. my phone is now going for the record "up time" :(

Guest nicandris
Oh good, I need something new to flash, I aint flashed anything for a month

flash 3.2.5 over and over and over :( That's what i'm doing. If you want smthing ddifferent create different builds from the kitchen :(

first of all, first post on these forums. hello.

i came to this thread from another thread: MoDaCo Custom ROM - Hero to Dream port.

in that thread it said the hero to dream ROM is identical to this ROM. so, that being said, does this ROM work on the dream/G1 phones?

i feel it is safer to ask than test and brick!!! if it does not work on the G1, are there any other G1 (or compatible) ROM's being updated on this forum?

thank you, jeff

edit: i used the search tool. i'm not a forum/q&a newbie. :(

Edited by jsp254

i came to this thread from another thread: MoDaCo Custom ROM - Hero to Dream port.

in that thread it said the hero to dream ROM is identical to this ROM. so, that being said, does this ROM work on the dream/G1 phones?

i feel it is safer to ask than test and brick!!! if it does not work on the G1, are there any other G1 (or compatible) ROM's being updated on this forum?

thank you, jeff

This rom is only for the GSM Hero, don't try to install it on other devices or you will have an expensive brick man :(

MCR 3.2 B5 Is the best rom i have tried yet (speedy). The only downside, is that the permanet 2G setting is missing.

Thanks

Yeah I realy miss the 2G setting to... waiting for Paul to release a update here soonhe said he was going to come with a new release of the room during last week but nothing happend :-P

Guest delanvital
MCR 3.2 B5 Is the best rom i have tried yet (speedy). The only downside, is that the permanet 2G setting is missing.

Thanks

And the battery consumption. I have cooked a rather lean version, but it still just about halves my battery time. I think there might be some problem, but have reflashed 3 times now...

Guest delanvital
I found that following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628178 helped enormously with battery life, that and not having taskiller anywhere near my phone

- I run the internal taskiller adjusted + spareparts already sat to sleep on the end button...

- I have no taskkiller otherwise.

- I have wifi off.

- Updates on flickr, tweets etc. are set to every 24 hrs.

- I only use gmail. Screen sleeps after 30 secs.

- I have low power setting for mobile networks.

- I have brightness medium.

- I do use locale, adjusted to slow all down at night, except calls. (this gave me 10-20% more in total, with the extended battery, which can do more than a day).

Standard battery gives me less than a day, even when just left in sleep. Std. battery would give me 1,5-2 days with my old MCR2.2. I have only used MCR2.2 and 3.2b5.

I can't find the overclock app on market - is it payware?

Edited by delanvital

Guest nicandris
I can't find the overclock app on market - is it payware?

"search overclock widget" <-- cant find it either. must have been removed

Edited by nicandris

Guest Remington Steale

Search the market for overclockwidget, all one word.

Also make sure that you use either 3g or 2g exclusively, switching automatically canes the battery for me.

Currently with MCR 32.b5, couple of phone calls a day, wifi on only sporadically, exchange mail on download as items are received and gmail on as well I get maybe three days out of it

Guest delanvital
Search the market for overclockwidget, all one word.

Cheers, will try. Edit: No luck! I found it on androlib.com and tried to click download, but market said N/A.

Also make sure that you use either 3g or 2g exclusively, switching automatically canes the battery for me.

Sorry for being a noob - how do I do that? the 2G/3G option is gone in this ROM.

Currently with MCR 32.b5, couple of phone calls a day, wifi on only sporadically, exchange mail on download as items are received and gmail on as well I get maybe three days out of it

wicked!I have never gone three days. Maybe 2,5 days tops. And then the phone would be left alone just about all the time. Now I know it can be done :(

Edited by delanvital

Guest Remington Steale

Odd, I cant find it now either. Cant find any reason online???

You can set it to 2G or 3G by accessing the test menu type *#*#4636#*#* on the phone keypad and go to phone options and set to WDCMA only or GSM only.

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest delanvital
SETCPU may possibly do the same thing as overclockwidget, havent looked at it yet though

I have just installed that. It appears to do the same, but I can't really check.

I also did the WCDMA-only setting. My surfing experience is very different. It takes a lot longer time to start loae helding a page, but when it starts loading the phone is not as stressed and I can flick around on the page much more fluently. Also, when it does start to load, it loads much faster (fx. gifs on the page have shorter interludes).

Now I have another problem with this ROM though - after running for a while, the WiFi can not be dis- or enabled.It just says "turning on..." and despite the fact that I can click/unclick the mark, the greyed out text on the left doesnt change...

Cheers for the help btw :(

Guest nicandris
I have just installed that. It appears to do the same, but I can't really check.

I also did the WCDMA-only setting. My surfing experience is very different. It takes a lot longer time to start loae helding a page, but when it starts loading the phone is not as stressed and I can flick around on the page much more fluently. Also, when it does start to load, it loads much faster (fx. gifs on the page have shorter interludes).

Now I have another problem with this ROM though - after running for a while, the WiFi can not be dis- or enabled.It just says "turning on..." and despite the fact that I can click/unclick the mark, the greyed out text on the left doesnt change...

Cheers for the help btw :(

had the same when enabled wireless tether. is this the case? also some problems with locale (locale's fault)

Guest masterpfa
SETCPU may possibly do the same thing as overclockwidget, havent looked at it yet though

Set CPU does exactly the same thing, the one I use, better looking UI as well

Guest delanvital
had the same when enabled wireless tether. is this the case? also some problems with locale (locale's fault)

Wireless tether I have included in the baked ROM, but haven't used in ages (months ago and with MCR2.2). Locale - what specifically are you referring to? I'd like to try this out.

Guest Dr. dre

thank you, jeff

These ROM's won't work on your G1 because they are meant for Hero or even if some of the ROM's work they will be slow in performance, so you can try the ROM's given in the G1 forum.

Guest DeepInside
adobe flash is not usable on mobiles yet what we have is htc flash a different animal

mifran

and does anyone know where we can include / activate htc flash? =)