10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest The_IMF

I'm on T-Mobile UK and the status bar used to read "T-Mobile" but now reads "3G T-Mobile". Don't know if the update to 3.2b5 did that or if T-Mobile have changed something...

I'm on T-Mobile UK and the status bar used to read "T-Mobile" but now reads "3G T-Mobile". Don't know if the update to 3.2b5 did that or if T-Mobile have changed something...

its the rom or radio - if you move out of 3g coverage its just shows t-mobile

Guest The_IMF

Got to be the ROM then. I haven't upgraded the Radio in a while and it was just the ROM I upgraded a few days back.

Guest Vido.Ardes

I am on T-Mobile UK with MCR 3.2b5 and my notification bars shows 3G, and it just says T-Mobile. I would presume it's APN settings

Guest Arcalius
Without wanting to go through the whole thread, has any one on o2 had problems sending MMS messages with this ROM? It works with 3.1 but not with 3.25b.

No one else has encountered this?

Guest Arcalius
I've used modaco since 3.0 and I've never encountered this, are your APN's in order?

They sure are. I use the exact same settings, yet the MMS's just wont send at all.

Guest Arcalius

This is really odd now. I just installed the 3.2 5b and its working. I didnt format the phone first, so that might have made things go in my favour. Its a strange one. Ah well. lol

Guest e2zippo
This is really odd now. I just installed the 3.2 5b and its working. I didnt format the phone first, so that might have made things go in my favour. Its a strange one. Ah well. lol

You got it working, that's the most important part :(

The problem is still there. Now I´m using cyanogen 2.1 1.0 and this issue don´t happen, so it is a bug with sense roms, but it´s annoying that anybody else had noticed it.

Cheers

Hi to all! I've just discovered the modaco custom roms and now I'm a adfree member.the speed in the ROM is amazing,but i have a problem with this 3.2b5 and too 3.1

The phone lost Internet connection always is sleeping,so i have no push mail that is anoying.

I mean that no H ir G signal after waken up,i have to wait to appear the Internet signal.

This happens too with a fresh install after wipe everything.

I need push mail so, help please!

Thanks in advance

That could be a settings issue.

I know for Wifi if you goto Settings > Wireless Controls > WiFi Settings > Push Menu button > Advanced > WiFi Sleep Policy

In there you can set it to not turn off when phone is set to sleep.

Strange your 3G settings won't stick though.

Edited by kike

Guest Dr. dre
Hi, I like to download the ROM with Chinese Input, please tell me where is the link ?

I think it isn't available right now but Paul would put it back there for download.

Guest soopahfly

Just re-installing with Wavesecure following a panic after a night out :(

Anyway, something that's been bugging me with every custom rom I've tried so far.... The inital setup.

Can we please have the wifi setup back at the start? I live in a poor signal area and it makes the initial setup a pain in the buttocks.

Guest hopeless

i became an ad free member when the betas were coming out thick and fast. and the times were exciting, now i feel all that energy has gone to the latest and greatest darling nexus and beyond - Am hoping we see modaco 4.0 or some such soon, and that it will belatedly take us out of the 1.x firmware black hole we are stuck in,,, i guess i have 2.1 envy

will paul create a 2.1 rom?

He will, once he gets his hands on the official 2.1 update from HTC. Official update is scheduled for march (if they don't delay it again), hoping Paul will get it a little bit sooner than HTC releases it on the web.

Guest knudsen81
He will, once he gets his hands on the official 2.1 update from HTC. Official update is scheduled for march (if they don't delay it again), hoping Paul will get it a little bit sooner than HTC releases it on the web.

Official update is scheduled for april

Guest nicandris

oh lovely. HTC/Adobe just announced that we wont be getting the new 10.1 flash... :s Bummer

HTC Hero will not get Flash 10.1

by Hero on February 27, 2010

in News

Adobe FlashThe HTC Hero will not be getting an update for Adobe’s full mobile version of Flash 10.1 according to a representative on the Adobe Forum.

No, the HTC Hero will not be supported b/c it does not have the correct Android OS version and its chipset is not powerful enough. We require a device with an ARM v7 (Cortex) processor. Examples include the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets and TI OMAP3 series.

Full support is only being given to phones with at least Android 2.0 and powerful enough processors. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t get Flash as the Hero supports HTC’s version of Flash Lite.

Bummer