10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest deeone
I was able to add Italian local via MoreLocale from the Market, but how can I add the Italian dictionary to the touch input? Tha 3.1 ROM had all locales built-in, this one has English only.

Thank you.

Never mind, although there's no "Italian" option in the touch input locale settings page, the dictionary actually works in Italian. :-)

Glad to hear about that, now all italians like me know that! <_<

Guest afiorillo
How to disable 3G

Go to the Phone app and dial *#*#INFO#*#*

Press Phone infomation

Scroll down untill you see "Set preferred network type:"

Press "CMDA auto (PRL)" and a list should pop up

Select "GSM only" in the list

Return to the Home screen by pressing the Home button :mellow:

Thank you, that worked like a charm. <_<

Guest milko9000

Sorry if this is a noob question: I sometimes use HTC's "Mobile" widget to disable the data services altogether, usually cuz my battery's very low and I need to eke out as much life as I can before I can charge it. Is this not going to work anymore with 3.2 because the 3G can not be disabled? I'm not certain if it's the same thing.

If that is the case, can something like Anycut make that command above be a one or two button operation? It looks like a bit of a faff otherwise.

Thanks!

Guest deeone
Sorry if this is a noob question: I sometimes use HTC's "Mobile" widget to disable the data services altogether, usually cuz my battery's very low and I need to eke out as much life as I can before I can charge it. Is this not going to work anymore with 3.2 because the 3G can not be disabled? I'm not certain if it's the same thing.

If that is the case, can something like Anycut make that command above be a one or two button operation? It looks like a bit of a faff otherwise.

Thanks!

I think they are talking about 3G/2G in voice services, because data will be still active in 2G (only the speed would be affected). I don't think you will need anycut <_<

Guest anderneo

Thanks!

Hi,

It seems that, if data is disabled, the phone automatically seems to go to 2g instead of 3g.

Can anyone confirm that?

Guest nicandris
Hi,

It seems that, if data is disabled, the phone automatically seems to go to 2g instead of 3g.

Can anyone confirm that?

it doesnt <_<

Guest keveh
Well I have tried almost all of the 2.1 ROMS over the last week or so and despite liking the extra funtionality (e.g. google navigation, google goggles, bluetooth file transfer etc) the current ROMS lack a few things.

So, I have tried 2.1 and after playing with the wide range options I found myself back on my favourite ROM.

Pauls 3.2 is by far the most stable, smooth and consistent ROM I have used. Battery life rules and the signal always seems great. With the kitchen option on top its the best ROM by far.

I just hope Mr B gets his mitts on a decent 2.1 source soon and releases an equivalant 2.1 version which matches the wonderful 3.2!!!

Zippyioa

I just want to say that I agree with everything Zippyioa has said.

I've also tried a couple of 2.1 releases just to see what the difference is. Where 2.1 is obviously better looking and working bit of kit, they are far too many bugs in them, I had a problem where I couldn't open a contact without my contacts crashing because of syncing to Facebook.

I think that from now on I'll just stick to what Paul releases, even if we have to wait that little bit longer for MCR 4, because at the end of the day it will be worth the wait.

Cheers for all your hard work Paul!

Guest BackSeat

I'm having an odd routing problem with MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.1. I have OpenVPN running: here's the routing table:

# ip route

172.16.16.1 via 172.16.16.65 dev tun0

172.16.16.65 dev tun0 proto kernel scope link src 172.16.16.66

10.0.0.0/24 dev tiwlan0 proto kernel scope link src 10.0.0.42

10.90.90.0/24 via 172.16.16.65 dev tun0

default via 10.0.0.1 dev tiwlan0

So traffic to 10.90.90.1 should route via the VPN, but:

# traceroute 10.90.90.1

traceroute to 10.90.90.1 (10.90.90.1), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets

1 10.0.0.1 (10.0.0.1) 3.449 ms 2.411 ms 2.869 ms

2 94.30.127.73 (94.30.127.73) 40.466 ms 42.236 ms 41.565 ms

The OpenVPN establishes just fine; I can see the interface on both the Hero and the remote server, but I can't pass any traffic over the VPN.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

BS

Guest fuzzic

Hi!

First of all I have to say thnx for the amazing rom!

Just have one question, how can I add Norwegian keyboard?

On 2.9 I could just choose Norwegian as touch input, but it seems to have gone with 3.2

Guest ZiCoN
Hi!

First of all I have to say thnx for the amazing rom!

Just have one question, how can I add Norwegian keyboard?

On 2.9 I could just choose Norwegian as touch input, but it seems to have gone with 3.2

What I did with Danish, install 3.1 and then 3.2 without wiping. Then it keeps all the languages.

Guest prupert
Hello guys!

I used this rom for some time now. And I have the same problem as some people mentioned before: a lot of text messages I sent never are delivered.

There is one thing that causes it, that is using a special sign like 'ë'. Once I do that the following happens (watch the number of signs):

post-330357-1268319545_thumb.jpgpost-330357-1268319554_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Edit: This also happens when using the stock sms program

I was getting this issue also, after digging around, it seems it is due to a malformed mobile phone number.

In my contacts, the number is normal, e.g. 00447777777777 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              00447777777777   

Edited by prupert

Guest theFRAGGLE

Just noticed today: the 3.2 ROM seems to be very restricted to background apps, right? I do not need my taskmanager any more because a lot of apps are ended automatically.

Thats kind of great :-)

Guest mifran
Ehm.... Does any1 else have issues sendinng mms with 3.2?

have you got the settings for your carrier right settings >wireless controls >mobile network settings > access point names > APNs

edit the settings to your network

mifran

Guest prupert
Ehm.... Does any1 else have issues sendinng mms with 3.2?

Could be the same issues as people are having with sms? Could you describe your issue in more detail, what is wrong? Have you checked the number it is trying to send the message to, to see if it is malformed?

Guest ZiCoN
Could be the same issues as people are having with sms? Could you describe your issue in more detail, what is wrong? Have you checked the number it is trying to send the message to, to see if it is malformed?

Checked APN's, deleted them restored defaults, checked, double-checked and APN's should be spot on...

Guest prupert
Checked APN's, deleted them restored defaults, checked, double-checked and APN's should be spot on...

So.....what is the problem then? What are the issues you are experiencing?

And have you checked the contacts number that you are trying to send the MMS to? Is it showing up as correct in the Message Details window?

Guest ZiCoN
So.....what is the problem then? What are the issues you are experiencing?

And have you checked the contacts number that you are trying to send the MMS to? Is it showing up as correct in the Message Details window?

Tried sending to both myself and a contact I know that works... Unable to send, unable to recieve... When I recieve an MMS I get the message that I have gotten one, but "unable to recieve" when clicking on download. It should be told I've disabled 3G since it draines my battery 3 times faster..

* Tried on 3G, same....

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest Crooco

Problems after updating to 3.2 and doing the "How to disable 3G"

(Go to the Phone app and dial *#*#INFO#*#*

Press Phone infomation

Return to the Home screen by pressing the Home button)

Bun now i cant send SMS, reciving is ok. Did even try to put in another simcard, put in a newer radio, but no luck.

Guest Dr. dre
hi guys,

anyone have problem with 3.2 rom.. my gps doesn;t seem to work.

Is it not working at all or it's showing a wrong location or something ?

Guest Dark Riderz
Problems after updating to 3.2 and doing the "How to disable 3G"

(Go to the Phone app and dial *#*#INFO#*#*

Press Phone infomation

Return to the Home screen by pressing the Home button)

Bun now i cant send SMS, reciving is ok. Did even try to put in another simcard, put in a newer radio, but no luck.

Put the number of your sms service center

Guest dkodr
hi guys,

anyone have problem with 3.2 rom.. my gps doesn;t seem to work.

The same here :/ Just noticed today, don't know actually for how long it hasn't been working. Doesn't work at all - GPS icon in the status bar doesn't appear.

--[ edit ] ------------------

Reflashed radio and GPS seems to work just fine.

Edited by dkodr

Guest shomi1417

is someone have problem with downloading links to core of modaco rom? every time i try to download it back me to modaco home page... Sorry for this "stupid" q. and my bad english :)

am i doing something wrong?

Guest descenpet
is someone have problem with downloading links to core of modaco rom? every time i try to download it back me to modaco home page... Sorry for this "stupid" q. and my bad english :)

am i doing something wrong?

try on different browser