10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

i mentioned about this problem before, still trying. it works once in a while..

but now after reading ur post, iguess it might be the rom we have installed(v2.0 core), thats why u dont have the plurk app.

weill i guess ill have to try the v2.0 extended rom... hopefully it would solve the problem.. :)

Actually, I am on the Enhanced ROM. I have just tested it and the bug still persists on a 'clean' device, i.e. wiped, flashed update.zip again, sent a couple SMSs to and from my other mobile number, and the widget just refuses to go past 2 SMSs, even though I have 4 unread SMSs.

I'm flashing to the standard 'official' leaked ROM now and will share my findings

Guest eagle.al
Actually, I am on the Enhanced ROM. I have just tested it and the bug still persists on a 'clean' device, i.e. wiped, flashed update.zip again, sent a couple SMSs to and from my other mobile number, and the widget just refuses to go past 2 SMSs, even though I have 4 unread SMSs.

I'm flashing to the standard 'official' leaked ROM now and will share my findings

my rom's working fine now, the sms problem has been sorted out, i donno how, i just keep recycling.. hope it works for u as well

I'm not sure if issues with this new ROM should be posted in this thread, but as some people seem to be doing it, i'll try here first!

I just updated to the 2.0 Core ROM today, and i have to say it really feels so nice and fast! But, i'm already discovered 2 issues:

* There are alot of duplicates in the People app. I can see no pattern as to who gets duplicated! Except that all are synched with facebook. Deleting 1 of the duplicates removes both, but adding the contact back manually seems to "fix" it.

* the Messages app cant display my messages! It shows me the title of a thread if i enter it via the menu-button, and the widget did show me the messages (i've deleted them to see if new messages shows in the widget). But i cant even receive messages now!

Before updating i only did a nandroid-backup, i didnt wipe the phone, if that's helpful information! (I just want to check with others before doing a wipe)

Guest Roar (Norway)
Not having any of those issues... I think the DB format may have changed for 2.x, which could explain the Chomp issue, I no longer use it I have to say!

re: WiFi, again hard to say, my WPA2-Personal network at home connects fine (actually, i've used it with 3 APs no problem?)

P

i did everything all over, and now every thing is ok :) .

Thanks Paul you're the man!!!!

my rom's working fine now, the sms problem has been sorted out, i donno how, i just keep recycling.. hope it works for u as well

Are you seeing the Plurk app as well?

ok, SMS seems to be working now, aftering doing a factory-reset before installing the 2.0 cre ROM again. I'll get back later and post about the duplicates in my contact-list!

Thanks again for the good work Paul!

Hi

I installed 2.0 o,n this afternoon and i wiped before

i'd also installed permanent recovery first

weather widget makes touch flo crash

weather application does not crash.

A+

Jpq

Guys, I have figured out the root cause of the sms bug. the widget gets stuck at 2 because it has not completed indexing the messages. I have over 3000 text messages, so it took exceptionally long to index in the widget. The widget is now working fine.

Hope this helps.

Just regged here with hopes this ROM can fix my wifi issues. Im hopeful

Boogweed:

You said you needed to do all those steps to get the wifi to work? Ive no idea what radio is/does, same with MRC2.0 etc

Edited by Decaux

Guest henchman

I get the following error, even after completely wipeng and erasinf my partition.

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/busybox

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 41: set_perm 0004755 SYSTEM:xin/busybox

Installation aborted

Guest sundials

Hi, I updated to the newest 2.0 rom and found that none of my alarms or timer sounds were working, also the large clock widget was not displaying the weather below it.

I reflashed and checked all my settings but nothing worked so I have restored to my backup image and gonna wait for the official update.

Guest steveh2

Installed 2.0 but I now can't access either of my SD cards which I could beforehand?

I've tried formatting one of them in a PC and still no joy and also trired formatting on the hero itself.

Any ideas?

I'll pop it in a linux box and set it up with three partitions tomorrow but if there's a quick answer tonight then that would be handy!

Guest gadgetgaz

This ROM is really smooth and fast and everything is working! I love it, thankyou!

Just so everyone knows - initially I did not do a "wipe" because I read that it might not be necessary. I have an unbranded white Hero on its original ROM - never before flashed.

The problems I had were as follows:

SMS widget would not get past 2nd message.

When sms is clicked on the conversation would not appear - just says "loading...."

wifi tether didn't work - it just hung on "start tethering" screen.

I got two entries in "people" for each person who I had linked a facebook account.

I think that's about all I noticed.

Anyway, the lack os any sms functions left me with no choice but to do a full "wipe" and re-flash - I should have followed the instructions after all!

Now, everything is just fine and I smile with the smoothness of the UI :)

Just one question - where has the camera zoom gone???

Guest josifbg

@Paul, @Stevi B, @FrAN_oC, @rico2k_uk

Thank you guys for the effort and for the support.

Unfortunately after trying millions of combbinations looks like the phone cannot start in the recovery mode... or any other mode than just stuck on HERO logo...

Anyway..the phone appears to be bricked. I`ve tried everything to help him but... no luck. My friend will try to trick the customer service and to return it.

About my Hero now :)

I did the following steps from 1.5.1:

1. Nandroid Backup

2. Applied the latest Radio

3. start the phone normally to check if everything is up and running.

4. Wipe

5. Flashing the 2.0e

6. Flying like and angel :)

I`ve checked all the previous mentioned issues and looks like i don`t have any.

No bugs, no problems everything is up and running as expected :)

So Far So good :)

Thanks again Paul for your hard work!

Donating now!

Edited by josifbg

Guest behnaam

I wonder how I can modify your ROM? In the first post it's a link to what you refer to being a guide of how to remove apps from the ROM, but when I click it sends me to first post again, not the post you referred to. Why is this?

Guest cdmackay
I wonder how I can modify your ROM? In the first post it's a link to what you refer to being a guide of how to remove apps from the ROM, but when I click it sends me to first post again, not the post you referred to. Why is this?

The link is working fine for me. If it still isn't for you, note that it's just a link to post #3 of this thread :)

hello.. i haw now installd 2.0 enhanced, but wher is the program Plurk?, and android-wifi-tether?.. do i need to install android-wifi-tether my self?

// Sorry About My Spelling I´m Dyslectic //

Guest cdmackay
hello.. i haw now installd 2.0 enhanced, but wher is the program Plurk?, and android-wifi-tether?.. do i need to install android-wifi-tether my self?

The tether app should be in your apps list, I think. It was in mine.

it exsist bug in CustomLocale. kan u pleas fix this so when installing the from and showsing lang to swe it shous "sv" insted of sv_SE.. if it uses sv_SE the menus is going to be in swe but NOT T9 it only going to be ENG T9

Some have responded that some of the languages dont work. This swedish guy didnt manage to get his sv_SE language to work. He then just manually entered a new locale "sv", and then it worked. Might happen for ur country aswell (?).

Edit: Languages that reportedly works _with_ keyboard layout:

Norwegian Bokmål: nb

Swedish: sv

Spanish: ES

more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=555168

Guest OmniWired

I updated (to 2.0) without wiping from 1.5.1 and I couldn't get 2 keyboards languages at once. And the Camera Force Closed as soon as I started the application.

I fixed everything by wiping and re applying the update.

I can't tell if it's faster or not than 1.5.1.

But now I have the phone the way I like it, and it feels like another phone altogether going from Stock to Custom ROM.

Thanks for make this possible.

I'm happy :) !!