10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest blackhorse

Just a quick question!

Going to update the radio after 1.4 finishes!

Which is the latest of these 3?

Radios

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.31 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 - download

im guessing .31 but want to be sure!! lol

Apply this exactly same as custom rom (without wipe!!) ??

Edited by blackhorse

Guest munkimatt
Just a quick question!

Going to update the radio after 1.4 finishes!

Which is the latest of these 3?

im guessing .31 but want to be sure!! lol

Apply this exactly same as custom rom (without wipe!!) ??

.31 is the new one.

Just so we know, there is a definite strength increase with new radio.

Guest JamminJP

Being serious for a second now!

how much will the final HTC release ROM change from 1.4?

I have to say I am fed up of reinstalling and setting up email, wifisync and other settings!

Don't get me wrong this 1.3/1.4 is worth it just for the speed, but I would like to use it and not keep re-installing it :D

Guest blackhorse

I have to say I am fed up of reinstalling and setting up email, wifisync and other settings!

Don't get me wrong this 1.3/1.4 is worth it just for the speed, but I would like to use it and not keep re-installing it :D

I find it fun to fiddle!!

Quick note to Paul, Youve put alot of hard work in these last couple of weeks on this project that i want to recognise!

Do you have any donation links? I personally would like to buy you a drink!

Edited by blackhorse

Guest Amdathlonuk
I've got 102Mb...

You're right, but that's a seriously big file?

The generic ROM's are only 81Mb or so?

Why is this so big?

What am I missing in my standard TM rom??? :D

Guest JamminJP
I find it fun to fiddle!!

I agree maybe I need another phone :D

but its also good until you break it, like I have with my starview tv box, I saw a new ROM and thought oooooh, now I need to buy a jtag serial port to get it back to life!! LOL

Guest munkimatt

Well I suspect you'd lose all of Pauls custom stuff, which is bacially everything in the list that starts with "Added..."

Personally, when the official update comes out I'll be waiting for Paul to work his magic on it before I install.

Guest munkimatt
You're right, but that's a seriously big file?

The generic ROM's are only 81Mb or so?

Why is this so big?

What am I missing in my standard TM rom??? :D

Look at all the stuff that Paul has added to it!

Guest JamminJP
Well I suspect you'd lose all of Pauls custom stuff, which is bacially everything in the list that starts with "Added..."

Personally, when the official update comes out I'll be waiting for Paul to work his magic on it before I install.

Oh without a doubt I will install the Modaco one!!

I just wondered how much would possibly change, I mean if 1.4 runs nice and carys on running nice, why update again!

Guest blackhorse
JasonP ex locust eh! There's a few of us on here (I was paulsphone at locus!)

Donate options are here! :D

P

No probs will buy myself a couple of months add free

You need to make a plus membership aimed at android users! :angry:

Guest JamminJP

Yes I seem to see a few names about, I was a wizard on there for a number of years!

was a MoDaCo plus member for a while, but moved away from the wm scene for a while, now I am back maybe its time to join up again and show some appreciation :D

pity you only use PAY(robingbas*&*&*^&*)PAL! LOL

JasonP ex locust eh! There's a few of us on here (I was paulsphone at locus!)

Donate options are here! :angry:

P

Guest munkimatt

Update applied, Messaging bug fix. Brilliant work.

Just a little one though, when typing a message is anyone else getting a 'double space' sometimes, seems to happen after full stops or commas? Thought it was my fat fingers at first but seems to happen even though I'm being careful!

Guest Chris Jenx
Update applied, Messaging bug fix. Brilliant work.

Just a little one though, when typing a message is anyone else getting a 'double space' sometimes, seems to happen after full stops or commas? Thought it was my fat fingers at first but seems to happen even though I'm being careful!

Haven't Noticed it but I'll keep a look out.. Everything seems to be pretty cool.

Paul do you have any idea when the 'Offical' update from HTC will be out? I'm presuming this version is a pre release leak?

I'll double check blue tooth audio tomorrow to see if 1.4 fixed it.

I'll put in a donation for you tomorrow, awesome work :D

No word on the official release date, but it will be very soon I think! :D

I have an even newer build now, so I might do 1.5 in the next few days. Or maybe not. We'll see! Theoretically all builds from now can be non-wipe. Theoretically.

:angry:

Oh, and check this out...

;)

P

update1.jpgupdate4.jpgupdate5.jpg

Guest AlThePost
I'll put in a donation for you tomorrow, awesome work :D

Ditto. Thanks a bunch, Paul. v1.4 updated over v1.1 without a hitch. Apps2SD picked up my ext3 partition and everything seems to work as expected. She certainly flies now too. :angry:

/Al

Guest cdmackay
So, given that a wipe is now mandatory, can anyone help me with the best way to upgrade so as not to lose anything? I'm thinking of app settings, screen layouts, etc.

I got away with an upgrade in place for 1.1, but can't now, clearly. Have taken a lot of time getting the Hero to look how I want it, so don't want to have to do that all again, every time I do an upgrade that requires a wipe...

just upgraded to 1.4, having previously backed up with Backup for Root users, first, as I'd seen that recommended, and it is free.

Just restored, and I note that it hasn't restored my apps, nor desktop shortcuts (although I thought it was supposed to) nor general layout. Disappointing.

I know there are other apps to save/restore apps, and I've used those, but they don't handle paid/protected apps. Do I really have to re-install all the latter by hand? And what about all my app settings? Is it only me struggling with this? :D

Just trying a Sprite Backup now, although I note that they don't even claim to restore apps, nor all my apps settings.

thanks much for any further comments...

Guest cdmackay
Just trying a Sprite Backup now, although I note that they don't even claim to restore apps, nor all my apps settings.

nope, that was no better, as far as I can see. Although it's not clear if the Sprite restore completed; it went from restoring to "start restore", which seems odd.

Hi Paul,

There seems to be an issue using Google Street View with the custom 1.4 ROM. If you attempt to go into street view nothing happens :D

Although there is no error through the UI "adb logcat" shows the following error:-

I/ActivityManager( 77): Starting activity: Intent { action=android.intent.action.VIEW data=google.streetview:cbll=51.529815,-0.029623&cbp=1,0,,0,5&mz=18 (has extras) }

W/System.err( 924): android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { action=android.intent.action.VIEW data=google.streetview:cbll=51.529815,-0.029623&cbp=1,0,,0,5&mz=18 (has extras) }

W/System.err( 924): at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1499)

W/System.err( 924): at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1469)

W/System.err( 924): at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:2668)

W/System.err( 924): at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:2712)

W/System.err( 924): at com.google.googlenav.android.f.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at com.google.googlenav.android.f.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at i.q.e(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at i.q.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at k.v.c(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at g.N.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at com.google.googlenav.ui.view.android.n.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at com.google.googlenav.ui.view.android.b.a(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at com.google.googlenav.ui.view.android.DialogActivity.onItemClick(Unknown Source)

W/System.err( 924): at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:283)

W/System.err( 924): at android.widget.ListView.performItemClick(ListView.java:3175)

W/System.err( 924): at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:1634)

W/System.err( 924): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

W/System.err( 924): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

W/System.err( 924): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

W/System.err( 924): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3948)

W/System.err( 924): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

W/System.err( 924): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

W/System.err( 924): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:782)

W/System.err( 924): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:540)

W/System.err( 924): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Edited by JimBob

Guest BandedHawk

I tried the 1.4 release with a clean (factory reset) system, but found the WiFi unstable on the B/G office network (two wireless APs). The signal would keep dropping out, something that didn't happen with the stock ROM (or it wouldn't acquire lock). I had the latest radio update installed (05.31). I also had a com.htc.provider force close all the time, even after a reboot - and usually around the time the WiFi lost lock. However, the interface did feel much more responsive, but it's not worth the loss of stable WiFi.