10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodsDevil
Been late again today and I thought it was me.... moonlighting all night and not getting up to the alarm. But, there was no alarm...! ;)

I checked the default tones and Ringroid created ones and it seems that Alarm is not picking up the sounds. Has anybody experienced the same?

I'm running MCR 2.8 and teknologist kernel 1.7.

Dunno about not picking the ring tone but something similar happened to me. The reason was that I am in the habit of constantly using taskiller to kill unnecessary tasks running in the background and before i went to sleep i killed the clock app too. :P

No alarm in the morning and I almost missed my flight. :D

D

Dunno about not picking the ring tone but something similar happened to me. The reason was that I am in the habit of constantly using taskiller to kill unnecessary tasks running in the background and before i went to sleep i killed the clock app too. :P

D

Also, you should check that you haven't turned the volume down on the alarm. Go to the alarm screen and scroll up using the volume switch. Or use toggle settings to see what your alarm volume is...

You need to download backup for root users or my back pro I use, makes a hard job very simple when wiping back everything up, wipe then restore everything. I think you must of had a bad flash could try flashing over the top again. apps2sd also helps no need to reinstall everything after a flash.

The procedure would then be:

- Backup for root users

- Pull backup directory from SD card

- Wipe all

- Put backup directory back

- restore

Is this really a safe procedure considering the ROM is upgraded between backup & restore?

Guest clarkEEE1
The procedure would then be:

- Backup for root users

- Pull backup directory from SD card

- Wipe all

- Put backup directory back

- restore

Is this really a safe procedure considering the ROM is upgraded between backup & restore?

All you need to do is

Back up for root users

Back up

Wipe

Flash new Rom

Download backup for root users again and restore everything

Sprite backup or my backup pro are the best to use much faster than backup for root users.

A wipe does not wipe your sdcard just the phone.

Edited by clarkEEE1

Ok for all you speed freaks out there here is another speed boost this actually turns the htc sense off but still keeps most the other cool stuff there so your homescreen will look like the original android

operating system hence a speed increase and free program memory.

I like it this way and maybe others do and this actually flys with 2.8 rom and 1.7 kernell try if you dare instructions below.

1) open settings.

2) Go to Application.

3) Open Manage Applications (this can be rather slow so if it seems like it's stopped responding, give it a while).

4) Scroll down the list of applications and click on HTC Sense.

5) Finally in the HTC Sense screen scroll down and Launch by default section and press Clear defaults. This will remove the default option and ask you which you want to see again.

(If the generic app has been set as default look for Home on step 4 instead of HTC Sense)

Edited by jutley

Anyone else have problems with market enabler making the phone reboot?

Running Modaco 2.8 with teknologist 1.7.

Market enabler version 3.0.2

I have tried reinstalling Market enabler

Edited by Jochr

same problem here. actually android restarts, not the phone itself. checking whether settings are changed by market enabler or not.

edit: settings are not changed :D

Edited by kendon

Guest scalp3r

I am coming from stock 2.73.x. Installed MCR 2.8, but it seems that I still dont have root access. I kept getting SU Request screen freeze when running Market Enabler/Wifi Teether.

Does a wipe is needed before upgrading from stock? What should I do now?

Really appreciate your expert opinion.. Tq

--update

1) Ran Superuser Permission

2) No more SU Request Screen

3) Market enabler stuck at 100% forever

4) Wifi tethering cant start

Any ideas?

Edited by scalp3r

D

OMG sme here lol

Guest anderneo
I am coming from stock 2.73.x. Installed MCR 2.8, but it seems that I still dont have root access. I kept getting SU Request screen freeze when running Market Enabler/Wifi Teether.

--update

Any ideas?

Indead, a wipe is needed when coming from stock. Check the first post and you will see that written down there..

So just wipe (after backing up contacts, sms etc.) and install the new firmware.

Indead, a wipe is needed when coming from stock. Check the first post and you will see that written down there..

So just wipe (after backing up contacts, sms etc.) and install the new firmware.

well i guess a wipe will solve the problem, but the first post sais differen:

No 'wipe' is required for anyone coming from MCR 1.2 onwards, or the stock 2.73.x updates.

maybe paul could give a hint that a wipe should be tried before posting problems here.

Guest GodsDevil

Market Enabler has problems with Hero as is suggested on the dev's site. It did work with 2.8 for some users but seems after 1.7 it broke again.

What you can do instead is use a small piece of code written by Keramidas which is posted somewhere on this thread (if i remember correctly somewhere between pg. 70 - 80) which fakes the operator ID and allows you to access all the apps in Market. I have been using it for quite sometime and it works like a charm. :D

maybe paul could give a hint that a wipe should be tried before posting problems here.

And Paul did mention in this thread earlier that anyone facing problems with any custom ROM should try wiping and re-flashing first before posting in the thread. :P

D

Edited by GodsDevil

Guest GodsDevil

--update

Any ideas?

As suggested before a wipe is not necessary but advisable if you face problems. :D

Try that and see if it solves the problems.

D

And Paul did mention in this thread earlier that anyone facing problems with any custom ROM should try wiping and re-flashing first before posting in the thread. :D

D

and you expect ppl facing problems to read 110 pages of this thread before posting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to the latest modaco 2.8 pauls rom with technoligst 1.7 kernel great combination but i don't know what it is that wants me to come back to this rom.

I have the best already but could it be that this is better could the ion 1.6 rom be the best of the best once its all working. Now i want to flash this ion rom back on again damm i hate this flashing all the time feels like i keep playing tennis but i have to admit there is something about this rom the cleaness, the speed, the original look, the amount of free program memory,.

Once it gets ramzswap update technologist kernel its gonna be f..... S... Hot awesome (don't ya wish your hero was Fast like mine don't cha don't cha)

Sorry just incase you are wondering what rom ir'm talking about that i wan't to go back to here is the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578162 please try it your never go back (don't ya wish your hero was Fast like mine don't cha don't cha)

Edited by jutley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to the latest modaco 2.8 pauls rom with technoligst 1.7 kernel great combination but i don't know what it is that wants me to come back to this rom.

I have the best already but could it be that this is better could the ion 1.6 rom be the best of the best once its all working. Now i want to flash this ion rom back on again damm i hate this flashing all the time feels like i keep playing tennis but i have to admit there is something about this rom the cleaness, the speed, the original look, the amount of free program memory,.

Once it gets ramzswap update technologist kernel its gonna be f..... S... Hot awesome (don't ya wish your hero was Fast like mine don't cha don't cha)

Sorry just incase you are wondering what rom ir'm talking about that i wan't to go back to here is the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578162 please try it your never go back (don't ya wish your hero was Fast like mine don't cha don't cha)

If you don't do anything complex, don't need all the 'features' of the HTC Sense and just want it as a basic Android phone, which you won't load up with apps then it sounds OK..

But just look at the 'still not working' / 'To be added' and tell me that it won't have an impact on it's performance?

Fast, clean ION 1.6 ROM featuring:

• Clean ION 1.6 ROM

• Community kernel 2.6.27 by Lox (Many thanks!)

• Root

• WiFi

• The extended APNs list - With most Operators

• Speed & Performance

Still not working:

• Bluetooth

• GPS

• Camera

• Accelerometer

• Trackball

• Headphone output

To be added:

• Apps2SD

• CustomLocale

• Working camera

Not for me I'm afraid, I am loving 2.8/1.7... slow downs are rare, and it still remains very responsive when you have 20 things open!

Horses for courses...

When ION is actually a working ROM (I don't consider 90% of the hardware features 'not working' a working ROM), maybe it'll be worth considering (for me that is)..

Still, nice to see you've found the perfect ROM for you!

Edited by phil-t

Guest GodsDevil
and you expect ppl facing problems to read 110 pages of this thread before posting?

Oh they bloody well do. I have a 12 hour workday and I did.

And searching is the least they can do before making an ass out of themselves. :D

Oh they bloody well do. I have a 12 hour workday and I did.

And searching is the least they can do before making an ass out of themselves. :D

that's what i am saying, my speech. i was refering to you saying "in this thread earlier", as if everybody reads the whole thread. i do point noobs to read the obvious information, but we have to take care that it actually IS obvious. all i'm saying is, the first post should contain a hint on wiping, as it might not be necessary but solved about 8 of 10 problems stated here. the 9th is solved by reflashing, the 10th is actually a real problem :P

Guest shokka9

Good WORK Paul!!!

Finally got round to updating my Hero.....2.8 is nice, coupled with the kernel from tecknologist, my Hero feels a lot quicker and actually more stable!

Thanks and the next versions will be even better...

PS - No WIPE required. I updated 2.8 (no reboot), updated kernel then rebooted...Everything worked straight away. SUPERB!!

Backed up this version as its stable and quick and everything works for me.

Guest GodsDevil
that's what i am saying, my speech. i was refering to you saying "in this thread earlier", as if everybody reads the whole thread. i do point noobs to read the obvious information, but we have to take care that it actually IS obvious. all i'm saying is, the first post should contain a hint on wiping, as it might not be necessary but solved about 8 of 10 problems stated here. the 9th is solved by reflashing, the 10th is actually a real problem :D

I did understand what you meant and do agree with you...just that it is so irritating to see some arrogant idiots (instead of appreciating all the hard work gone into making this community) act as if they own this place and we are obliged to answer all their questions.

Saw an idiot in the same thread in XDA telling Paul that his ROM bricked his phone and he better fix it asap. LOL.

D

Guest stripealipe

" A 'wipe' is advised when installing this ROM, but may not strictly be necessary - please report your results! - P"

This is written by Paul on the first page of this long long thread. You only have to scroll down a little....

Anyone installing custom ROMs should at least read a little, especially some of the early on stuff, to get an idea on what could happen when installing and ways of getting around possible problems when installing the ROMs. You learn more and end up with less possible 'problems' being posted.

Guest CeNSuRaDo
Hey Paul, after updating to MCR 2.8 (coming from 2.2) I noticed that my Home button light is now YELLOW and not white... is it from your rom?

I update my brother's hero and didn't get the same... what should it be?

Thanks.

Paul, could you answer me?

Loving the latest update! Once again performance seems to have gotten better, and is it just me or has battery life also improved? I'm going on almost 48 hours and still 24% remaining, definitely a record for me... nb. i'm not using Wavesecure, just the latest custom rom, enhanced pack and radio.

You're right. I installed it almost 48 hrs ago and I haven't charged it yet! This is unbelievable since I was charging every night before. I also use teknologists kernel so I'm not sure if its just this rom which has made the improvement or a combination of the 2.

Great work by Paul and Tek tbh.