10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest keef319

Does anyone else seem to have trouble getting the weather widget to auto-update?

I have had the prob for a while now, currently using MCR2.8 with MCK1.8.

I have to manually update all the time. :D

Changelog

Planned for future releases

Backup solution in ROM

Investigate Chinese Pinyin input in CIME

Mail widget delete button fix (maybe)

Web server running on device for remote access

FLAC support

BT OBEX support

There's an annoyance to be fixed with the wifi.

Once you get a known hot spot the scanning stops working.

Once you delete all known hot spots, you get the scanning back to work.

Guest clarkEEE1
A quick question. Does applying the custom ROM mean that any SIM will work with the phone? I.E. will it unlock it for use on any network?

No it does not unlock the phone its just a Rom

Guest clarkEEE1
Paul,

what do you mean by app2sd is automatic now, I don t have it installed for the moment on modaco 2.8 + 1.8 kernel...if I update to 2.9, it will create the ext partitions on the sd and transfer the applications or do I have to wipe, install, and then reinstall all the applications?

You still need to create an ext partition for apps 2 sd, auto app2sd means the Rom will auto move apps from phone to your ext partition the first time you boot after you have created your ext partition.

Edited by clarkEEE1

Hi Paul! Thanks again for the work on your ROM!

I seem to be missing apps after I installed a fresh 2.9 (fresh as in reformatted my ext3 to ext4 and wiped the device).

WiFi tether and Spare Parts seem to be missing, and in the market a lot of (paid) apps are missing. SUBFS, Crystal Defense are gone, while Buka and Copilot for example are still there and easily reinstalled.

Can I do something to fix this?

And 2nd: I installed the version where you forgot Superuser.apk. Can I download that .apk file and push / install it through adb or do I have to reflash with the newly uploaded version?

Just reflash the new version. That will also restore the other apps (you probably wiped your data partition after installing the update zip instead of before).

P

Guest clarkEEE1
Does anyone else seem to have trouble getting the weather widget to auto-update?

I have had the prob for a while now, currently using MCR2.8 with MCK1.8.

I have to manually update all the time. :D

Have you tried removing the widget and adding it again I use weather bug and this fixes the auto update for me when it stops working.

Guest bbawden
No it does not unlock the phone its just a Rom

OK, thanks. I thought that maybe the network locking was part of the OS.

Anyone know of an easy way to network unlock the phone?

Just reflash the new version. That will also restore the other apps (you probably wiped your data partition after installing the update zip instead of before).

P

D'oh.. Learned something new today :D.

Guest flipper203
You still need to create an ext partition for apps 2 sd, auto app2sd means the Rom will auto move apps from phone to your ext partition the first time you boot after you have created your ext partition.

ok, but I don t have any linux now, so I can t create a ext partition, will it work if there is no ext partition or can I disable app2sd?

Guest theFRAGGLE

Before the update I had about 120 MB internal space free. Most / all of the apps were installed on my aps2sd partition.

Now after the update to 2.9 I only have 75 MB left... Do I need to create the partion again? Any other settings I am missing?

Hi!

I am updating my phone from MCR v.2.7 to MCR v.2.9. After successful applying update.zip and rebooting, my phone work about 1-2 min and reboot spontaneously. If I restore v.2.7 from backup, all works fine.

Can the reason be removing MoreLocale from MCR (I use non english locale)?

Or may be the reason is that I have not additional filesystems on my SD (only FAT) and "fully automatic" A2SD fails?

Thanks.

Guest clarkEEE1
ok, but I don t have any linux now, so I can t create a ext partition, will it work if there is no ext partition or can I disable app2sd?

You can create an ext partition in Windows mate need the sdk or adb can do it through cmd promt or use something like paragon partition manager, you don't need to disable anything if you don't have app2sd nothing will happen just a feature in the Rom in case you do use app2sd.

Ok, missing preinstalled apps now seem to be there (Spare Parts at least). Still a lot of missing apps from the Market though.

note in 2.9 phone memory is less than before probly about 30mb less dont know why maybe all the extra stuff thats been added to core i noticed this aswell there is nothing wront with apps2sd its the new firmware there is less phone memory available hope this helps a few confused people wanting to know where all the mem has gone.

Edited by jutley

Guest RemoteSojourner

After the install, I lost stuff like browser and contact application and phone was a complete mess and warnings of low storage as well. reverted back to my nandroid backup of 2.8.

Is this because i had only 23 MB phone memory and everyone is reporting about 30 MB less than previous ROM i.e. my phone had no memory left and hence the flashing didnt go well?