Problems with HTC Sync

Guest TheMrMay

Guest TheMrMay

Hello.

After installing HTC Sync from the HTC website (v.2.0.4), and connecting my Hero via USB, my Hero cannot find HTC Sync on PC, although it is installed, and I have restarted my pc (WinVista).

After the "Finding HTC Sync on your PC" message, I get an error message saying: "Unable to find HTC Sync on your PC. Please make sure that HTC Sync is installed and opened on your PC [which it is]..."

Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by TheMrMay

Guest AlThePost

You don't say which version of Windows you're using, but I have this problem occasionally on Win XP SP3.

What works for me is rebooting the handset, opening HTCSync on the desktop, connecting Hero with USB cable, then selecting "HTCSync" from the notification bar. It always connects successfully that way and works normally for a while before 'losing' HTCSync again. Rinse and repeat.

Also check that, when the handset is connected, you see it listed in Device Manager under "Android Devices" as that means the drivers are correctly installed.

/Al

Guest Matchstick
Are you using anything like taskiller?

If you stop the pc sync process it can't restart til the phone does.

Bingo !

I'd been wondering why Sync would work sometimes and not others.

I've added PC Synchronization to the TasKiller ignore list and sync is working reliably now.

Thanks for that :D

• 4 weeks later...
Bingo !

I'd been wondering why Sync would work sometimes and not others.

I've added PC Synchronization to the TasKiller ignore list and sync is working reliably now.

Thanks for that :)

How do you add PC Synchronization to the Task Killer ignore list? Through Settings -> Applications menu or within Task Killer app? Tried both options but did not see it :S

Thanks!

Igor

Edited by zabs80