latest Phone-Part after DXID1?

Guest tk-germany

Guest tk-germany

Hi together,

I searched a lot and found different information, so I just wanted to verify.

I am now on phone DXID1.

Is there any newer Phone.Bin?

Has someone a list of changes for the different phone.bin-Versions?

Where i can download only the phone-Updater for the neweset phone-Part, so i don't need any flashing-Software?

Thanks in former,

TK

u are on dxid1, meaning that it is a custom rom,, i know there is a newer dxif1, but i am not sure if there is a phone part in it,, besides there is no point in really updating the phone part after dxia5,,

i dont think there are major changes in the phone part after dxia5 ( please correct me if i am wrong) this is why most new roms supplied by cooks here comes only the pda part, because this is the only part that there is to make changes to.

Guest tk-germany
u are on dxid1, meaning that it is a custom rom,, i know there is a newer dxif1, but i am not sure if there is a phone part in it,, besides there is no point in really updating the phone part after dxia5,,

i dont think there are major changes in the phone part after dxia5 ( please correct me if i am wrong) this is why most new roms supplied by cooks here comes only the pda part, because this is the only part that there is to make changes to.

Thanks for that quick reply,

I just was in hope, WiFi-Issues maybe have been fixed, or maybe the Static Navigation-Problem can be avoided with a new Phone-Ware :D but it seams, samsung is not interested in fixing those issues :angry:

I'd like to use WiFi, but Connections are impossible or at least, with a little luck, extreme instable... thats not acceptable... ;)

I'd also like to use the i900 for geocaching, but with "lacks'n'jumps" of about 40metres, it is ofthen more than impossible...

Anyone knows if those issues maybe have been fixed by some cook or any developer?

Many thanks

Guest tk-germany
PUIE1 latest radio . It is after DXID1 . Very fast gps ,good voice but a little bit less battery life than ID1 .

I'm uploading in EXE form for easy install (like ROM, with no hard reset and data loss) made by sector in Greek Omniacs Forum

http://rapidshare.com/files/273783078/PUIE1_phone.zip.html

10 time download only. Hurry up.

Thanks so much...

WiFi still doesnt work,

GPS is inaccurate as before... poorly the Chipset (Qualcom) can not be told to log exact like sirf-Chipsets are able to.

it allways "betters up" the gpsvalues by calculating the average, what is the death for walking navigation :D

It seams noone is able to find a workaround and samsung doesnt feel responsible for that...

The Omnia is my first WiMo pda, it's nice, and the community is great, thanks a lot, bute this two bugs, that exist since the beginning (i got my omnia before the official release), samsung know them, but they are not fixed until today, that's a lack of functionality and i think they must not sell the omnia WITH WLAN and "great GPS" feature, if they don't work as they should!!!

I hope so much that someone will find a way around, to deactivate the static navigation feature of the gps chipset and even i hope that wifi will work one day, so i realy can use it. it can not be state of things, that i have to try 6 different wifi-routers until i find one, that i can connect to, and after that realy access the network... :angry:

Please keep on working guys, if samsung is not able to create propper devices with working software, i hope, at least the community is able to...

many thanks,

TK

Guest lagoskon

Never had issues with wifi (both in home and work, and wifi hotspots) and GPS for driving (not walking or gpsphotos) is very very good comparison to some HTC models.

Guest retrospektive

I`ve never had problems with gps ... in fact i found it pretty good - before I had a sirf3 receiver.

But I do have problems with bad reception with wifi (I´m on my second omnia, first one got stolen) and always wifi reception is quite poor compared to my macbook, but i guess it`s the small form factor cause with Nokia`s N80 it was the same.

Which radio rom is the best for you guys?

Guest kennethchia
PUIE1 latest radio . It is after DXID1 . Very fast gps ,good voice but a little bit less battery life than ID1 .

I'm uploading in EXE form for easy install (like ROM, with no hard reset and data loss) made by sector in Greek Omniacs Forum

hi lagoskon :angry: may i asked one stupid question :D my phone part.DXIA2 (DXID1 and PUIE1)also can use 3G(WCDMA) or not ?sorry my bad english

Guest retrospektive
hi lagoskon :angry: may i asked one stupid question :D my phone part.DXIA2 (DXID1 and PUIE1)also can use 3G(WCDMA) or not ?sorry my bad english

if your provider supports it, yes the phone supports it.

hth

Guest lagoskon

Both support 3G (GSM) here in Europe . I don't know about US WCDMA. Ask in i910 rom section to be sure .

Guest tk-germany
I`ve never had problems with gps ... in fact i found it pretty good - before I had a sirf3 receiver.

I don't have Problems with the receiver itself, it gets a fix, iGo works fine, but withe the accuracy, if you realy need it.

The receiver has a feature to "stick you on the map", so you don't see, that it sometimes gets really strange values, but this accuracy is needed if you would like to really geocache with your O-Phone :D

But I do have problems with bad reception with wifi (I´m on my second omnia, first one got stolen) and always wifi reception is quite poor compared to my macbook, but i guess it`s the small form factor cause with Nokia`s N80 it was the same.

Which radio rom is the best for you guys?

Have you tried switching of the wifi-energy-saving-mode, this boosts the performance a little, but for sure, it will never get the performance of a router... or...mh... maybe we build an antenna  of a butterbox for our omnia :angry:

Guest retrospektive
Have you tried switching of the wifi-energy-saving-mode, this boosts the performance a little, but for sure, it will never get the performance of a router... or...mh... maybe we build an antenna of a butterbox for our omnia :D

Today I used the 2nd omnia at university for the first time and wifi reception was awfull (first one was bad but ok, it didn`t loose reception all the time and we do have quite good wifi hardware there and I was max. 10m away from the router) so what else can I do to boost performance (except turning off wifi powersaving)

thx

Guest tk-germany
Today I used the 2nd omnia at university for the first time and wifi reception was awfull (first one was bad but ok, it didn`t loose reception all the time and we do have quite good wifi hardware there and I was max. 10m away from the router) so what else can I do to boost performance (except turning off wifi powersaving)

thx

Don't be too close to the router, that can be bad, too.

With AdvancedConfig some more parameters can be set, maybe even some for the WiFi-Device, dunno now, as i've forgotten my omnia at home... :D

Guest Orpheous
so what else can I do to boost performance

I had problems with connecting, drop outs etc too. I was using a SpeedStream modem/router that was sent to me by my isp, which turned out to be the problem.

Recently I bought a new Netgear N150 wireless router and turned the wifi off on the SpeedStream. Since then I've had perfect performance, I just wish I'd bought it months ago!

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/fast-internet...e-on-the-omnia/

It specifies makes and models of modems and routers that have been tested with the Omnia.

Guest Unisoldrew

Do I need to back anything up first?

Also - my current phone is XXHJ1. Will I notice any difference?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and is this update ok for O2 UK?

EDIT2: And what is PU?

Thanks very much.

Edited by Unisoldrew

Guest Unisoldrew

I'll leave well alone until someone can confirm if ok to install on my uk (unbranded) device - on o2 network.

P.S. I think i found out that PU is for Russia, hence my reluctance.

Guest retrospektive
What happens if it goes wrong?

Is there a way to revert back?

sure just flash back to any other phone rom ...

im now on the latest german phone part ... didn`t change anything gonna try russian tomorrow

Guest Unisoldrew
sure just flash back to any other phone rom ...

im now on the latest german phone part ... didn`t change anything gonna try russian tomorrow

How would you do that?

... without losing the PDA (customer ROM)

Guest gdrijver

I'm a little bit confused as to what the latest radio rom / phone part is. I have seen people refer to it as PUIE1, and XXIB2. Can you please clarify? I assume that XX and PU refer to the country/region and the last three characters refer to the build. So in that case PUIE1 would be more current, correct?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a little bit confused as to what the latest radio rom / phone part is. I have seen people refer to it as PUIE1, and XXIB2. Can you please clarify? I assume that XX and PU refer to the country/region and the last three characters refer to the build. So in that case PUIE1 would be more current, correct?

Here is XBIC1 radio (phone). I'm not tested it. If anyone have time - do test and post result.

phone_i900XBIC1.part1.rar