[ROM]~KIND ROM~BUILD 23*420*~Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest waremike32
Reg settings to change the HTC Task Manager icon invisible. :)

Thanks for the info Blazingwolf!

Here's a cab I made with the invisible icon cooked in...You may need to install SDKcerts first.

Keep in mind that in build 23409, the taskbar is only accessible on the Today Screen and HTC Task Manager will not close apps on X.

Like task switcher? :)

I agree, hence it's inclusion in my ROMs!

SdkCerts.cab

HTC_Task_Manager.cab

Edited by waremike32

Guest blazingwolf
Like task switcher? :)

Just better. Though honestly I am switching to Showcase. It will still close programs from the top bar unlike HTC Task Manager and will do so with one tap unlike Task Switcher.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Mastergreeny
Reg settings to change the HTC Task Manager icon invisible. :)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\TaskManager]

"LauncherUp"=hex:20,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,07,00,00,00,70,00,00,00,0f,00,00,00,0f,00,00,0

,0f,00,00,00,0f,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0d,00,0

,00,0d,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,0c,00,00,00,0c,00,00,00,0c,00,00,00,0c,0

,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0a,00,00,00,0a,00,00,00,0

,00,00,00,0a,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,08,00,00,0

"LauncherDown"=hex:20,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,07,00,00,00,70,00,00,00,0f,00,00,00,0f,00,00,0

,0f,00,00,00,0f,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0e,00,00,00,0d,00,0

,00,0d,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,0c,00,00,00,0c,00,00,00,0c,00,00,00,0c,0

,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0b,00,00,00,0a,00,00,00,0a,00,00,00,0

,00,00,00,0a,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,08,00,00,0

Thanks BW!!

Guest Mastergreeny
Thanks for the info Blazingwolf!

Here's a cab I made with the invisible icon cooked in...You may need to install SDKcerts first.

Keep in mind that in build 23409, the taskbar is only accessible on the Today Screen and HTC Task Manager will not close apps on X.

I agree, hence it's inclusion in my ROMs!

Thanks for the .cabs Mike will make it much easier next time.

Guest dmcnado
Version 5 is up!!!!

I downloaded version 5 yesterday to try it. Used the XDA_UC which worked fine. All worked well EXCEPT the phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on no matter what I did. I tried everything from the menus to both soft and hard resets. I then tried to restore my backup, and while it restored fine, the phone didn't. So, I redid the CF03 update and the phone began working again! Flashed version 5 again and same thing happened w/ the phone turning off. Any thoughts??

Guest waremike32
I downloaded version 5 yesterday to try it. Used the XDA_UC which worked fine. All worked well EXCEPT the phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on no matter what I did. I tried everything from the menus to both soft and hard resets. I then tried to restore my backup, and while it restored fine, the phone didn't. So, I redid the CF03 update and the phone began working again! Flashed version 5 again and same thing happened w/ the phone turning off. Any thoughts??

What are you using to backup? If you backed up the registry from an older build of Window Mobile, you WILL have issues trying to restore. Definitely avoid "Complete Backups" from any backup software.

Guest popsinger

Waremike,

do you have mobile office on this rom and if not, do you have a cab for it? i am really considering going with this rom since there's so much on the others i don't really need and then i can just customize it for me. thank you very much for sharing!

Guest dmcnado
What are you using to backup? If you backed up the registry from an older build of Window Mobile, you WILL have issues trying to restore. Definitely avoid "Complete Backups" from any backup software.

Yes, I understand that. I didn't try to restore any backups until it became clear that my phone was screwed up (after the flash). The restore I attempted was just desperation. It happened in the following order:

1) Flash version 5

2) Run XDA_UC

3) All fine EXCEPT phone not working

4) Tried to fix phone via menus and soft & hard resets (did not work)

5) In desperation, tried to restore backup to see if phone would start working (did not work)

6) Redid CF03 update from Samsung (phone WORKING)

7) Reflashed version 5 (did NOT run XDA_UC)

8) Phone NOT working

9) CF03 update again (phone WORKING)

Hope this is clearer. Seems if I flash version 5 I have no phone, but a nice looking PDA!

Guest waremike32
Yes, I understand that. I didn't try to restore any backups until it became clear that my phone was screwed up (after the flash). The restore I attempted was just desperation. It happened in the following order:

1) Flash version 5

2) Run XDA_UC

3) All fine EXCEPT phone not working

4) Tried to fix phone via menus and soft & hard resets (did not work)

5) In desperation, tried to restore backup to see if phone would start working (did not work)

6) Redid CF03 update from Samsung (phone WORKING)

7) Reflashed version 5 (did NOT run XDA_UC)

8) Phone NOT working

9) CF03 update again (phone WORKING)

Hope this is clearer. Seems if I flash version 5 I have no phone, but a nice looking PDA!

Very Strange, nor I or anyone else so far has had this issue. It seems you're used to flashing custom roms, but it sounds like you may be messing with something in UMDL for the phone part not to work. Make sure you load my ROM in the PDA section and make sure everything in [Phone] is unchecked. Make sure you're in Single Download Mode and only Launch after download and Start Downloading immediately are checked.

@popsinger, No, Office has been removed, I'll look into making a cab for it if one does not already exist.

Guest popsinger
@popsinger, No, Office has been removed, I'll look into making a cab for it if one does not already exist.

did a search earlier for a cab on these forums before i sent you the message but did not return any results. but anyway, after more search, i found a link on shokka (for ms office) so i got it downloaded. thank you for everything. i just hope that i don't lose my phone if i go ahead and flash to v5. i'll keep my fingers crossed!

Edited by popsinger

Guest waremike32
did a search earlier for a cab on these forums before i sent you the message but did not return any results. but anyway, after more search, i found a link on shokka (for ms office) so i got it downloaded. thank you for everything. i just hope that i don't lose my phone if i go ahead and flash to v5. i'll keep my fingers crossed!

Here's a cab I found at XDA, seems to work fine (although I'm not an Office user). Install to My Storage.

_SC_PDACorner_Office2007.rar

Guest popsinger
Here's a cab I found at XDA, seems to work fine (although I'm not an Office user). Install to My Storage.

thank you very much! btw, too many changes and too quick. 23409 and now 23045. seems like a step down in build number but yet supposed to be bug fixes and changes for better performance. it gets confusing. i would like to think that one can stick with a certain build for a while but with a new build coming up quick everytime, it will be hard. i like the icon based build in 23045 though. in fact this is why i like BW's Neo Titanium theme. Seems like text base home, looks cluttered up. but of course, it's only a matter of preference and it's also why i wanted to flash to your v5 and make it look like BW's with only the apps i need.

Edited by popsinger

Guest dmcnado
Very Strange, nor I or anyone else so far has had this issue. It seems you're used to flashing custom roms, but it sounds like you may be messing with something in UMDL for the phone part not to work. Make sure you load my ROM in the PDA section and make sure everything in [Phone] is unchecked. Make sure you're in Single Download Mode and only Launch after download and Start Downloading immediately are checked.

Check on all of your suggestions/cautions. I'll try again... wish me luck! Thanks for the suggestions.

Guest popsinger

Waremike,

had your rom installed and then installed the apps i need but when i uninstalled one (titanium notifications), the start icon disappeared and no matter what kind of resetting i did, i could not get it back and of course this was a problem since i could not get to settings and the other apps anymore. other than that, i thought it worked real good until that problem. anyway, thank you again for coming out with great work!

Guest waremike32
Very nice so far sir...

can i get a copy of the background please???

thanks for your work......smoooooth.......

Thanks cmalone, Here's the wallpaper from version 6

Default_stwater_240_400-3.gifDefault_stwater_400_240-3.gif

Guest monsterpt

Waremike,

Nice build, I've been running your 23409 all week without a single issue. Everything I loaded up on it seems to run perfectly. It is snappy and consistant. I'll be trying the new build tomorrow when I have more time. I appreciate your hard work in creating a real lite ROM, I know it can be a pain. BTW, MS3 running the newest version of the Sense theme runs faster than I have ever seen it on another ROM.

Guest waremike32

You're very welcome monsterpt. I was always a base rom user myself, so it's the kind of ROM I enjoy making and using. I hope you enjoy 23047, by all accounts, it's the best build yet for WM6.5.1!

I forgot to mention on my first post...double tap is fixed...no need for touch response!

Edited by waremike32

Guest monsterpt
You're very welcome monsterpt. I was always a base rom user myself, so it's the kind of ROM I enjoy making and using. I hope you enjoy 23047, by all accounts, it's the best build yet for WM6.5.1!

I forgot to mention on my first post...double tap is fixed...no need for touch response!

You mentioned that most custom taskbars are not yet working with this build. Have you tried Krazy Radds i910? I will leave it out of my XDA_UC folder for now and try to load it separately. I'll report when I'm done.

Guest eclsnowman

Any chance you would be willing to share your super trimmed kitchen. This would be a great starter kitchen for anyone wanting to get into cooking that might not have the technical expertise to know what can and cannot be removed. If not I understand, it must have been rough testing everything after removal to make sure the rom still worked well. But if you would be willing I could see this helping alot of aspiring cooks (I would like to try it for example).

Anyway I am about to load you 23047. It looks trim enough that cooking wouldn't be necessary for most users. Keep up the good work.

Guest doitall76

I definitely appreciate the ROM, it is quite nice.

Question - Why does this version of Opera, from your files, only support a total of 3 tabs? The Opera that I have always had, provided 5 tabs.

Can anyone help me?

Doitall76