[ROM]~KIND ROM~BUILD 23*420*~Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest waremike32
You mentioned that most custom taskbars are not yet working with this build. Have you tried Krazy Radds i910? I will leave it out of my XDA_UC folder for now and try to load it separately. I'll report when I'm done.

The dlls from krazy radd's taskbar don't include the new icons in this build, until they're added...there will be issues

Is there any way to replace the startup/shutdown animations with the original Verizon Omnia animations?

Sure. Just copy paste your new Ani_poweron.gif/Ani_poweroff.gif into the Windows folder. Total Commander is probably your best bet.

I need a working Smart Card Reader for this ROM. The one from Samsung as well as the one Heart released do not work on this ROM.

I'll look for one that works, if I find one...I'll post it here.

Any chance you would be willing to share your super trimmed kitchen.

I almost always break my kitchens after releasing a ROM, testing new things...So I don't have a working kitchen to share :)

However, I am willing to answer any questions you may have about cooking...provided I know the answer :)

I definitely appreciate the ROM, it is quite nice.

Question - Why does this version of Opera, from your files, only support a total of 3 tabs? The Opera that I have always had, provided 5 tabs.

Can anyone help me?

Doitall76

Opera:config ---> user preferences --- set max # of tabs

having trouble with link to download v6. seems to not be working, tried multiple times.

4Shared.com seems to be down at the moment. I'm away from my comp for now, so I can't mirror. If anyone can, feel free. If not, I'm sure 4shared will be back up soon.

Edited by waremike32

Guest eclsnowman

Hello Waremike, Have you seen this double start menu button happen before (attached screen shot, remains after soft-reset).

Also my endbutton doesn't function it phone, or to end programs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

post-555542-1252825987_thumb.png

Edited by eclsnowman

Guest waremike32
Hello Waremike, Have you seen this double start menu button happen before (attached screen shot, remains after soft-reset).

Also my endbutton doesn't function it phone, or to end programs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I see you've tried to change themes...sorry, but with the new softkey icons, old themes won't work. You can change wallpaper, but not theme. Hard reset or reflash to fix. It will probably fix your end key as well, unless it is a hardware issue.

hey quick question... whats the page pool on the most current build? thanks in advanced

Page pool has not been increased for better stability. However, with everything that's been removed, it's very fast.

Edited by waremike32

Guest waremike32
i had the same problem with two start keys after changing the background. i also cannot change the bottom buttons to a different style.

Hmmm, I tested changing the background in both the Settings\Home and through file explorer without any issues. You may have accidentally selected the classic blue theme if you tried to change the background through the Home Settings menu. As for the softkey buttons, the default image names may have changed and won't be overwritten by the .cab until it's updated. I'm not certain of this, but I'll check it out.

Guest eclsnowman
Hmmm, I tested changing the background in both the Settings\Home and through file explorer without any issues. You may have accidentally selected the classic blue theme if you tried to change the background through the Home Settings menu. As for the softkey buttons, the default image names may have changed and won't be overwritten by the .cab until it's updated. I'm not certain of this, but I'll check it out.

Any chance you could put theme the files I screwed up in a zip for me so could copy them in place with total commander. I have 4 hours into tweeking this rom and I would hate to start over again (the bane od being a flashaholic.. I know). Thanks.

Guest doitall76
Type opera:config in the browser

Thanks, that worked.

Is there a setting that allows you to close Opera using the "X" in the upper right. Right now, my phone isn't allowing that either.

Doitall76

Guest waremike32
Any chance you could put theme the files I screwed up in a zip for me so could copy them in place with total commander. I have 4 hours into tweeking this rom and I would hate to start over again (the bane od being a flashaholic.. I know). Thanks.

I've tested it a few times and the classicblue.tsk that came with the ROM works. Use that to restore theme/softkey.

Thanks, that worked.

Is there a setting that allows you to close Opera using the "X" in the upper right. Right now, my phone isn't allowing that either.

Doitall76

The X in the upper right corner within the browser is for closing tabs, not the program itself. You can use Showcase Task Manager if you want to close programs by tapping the taskbar where the x used to be.

Guest 07aspenx

Is anyone having a problem with getting the X and Windows button to work under the Phone/Dialer Lock option? I'm trying to figure out how to enable the lock when I dial a number and I can't seem to get out of this page by click the X or Windows button.

Guest waremike32
Is anyone having a problem with getting the X and Windows button to work under the Phone/Dialer Lock option? I'm trying to figure out how to enable the lock when I dial a number and I can't seem to get out of this page by click the X or Windows button.

The dialer lock won't work anyway because there is no Samsung dialer skin included. You can use task switcher to get out of the menu or map a hardkey to ok/close

I'm getting an audio connection error in Skyfire, any idea of what that might be?

I'll check it out

will this run on bell with dcd carrier .cab do you know?

I'm not on Bell, so I've never tested it.

The dialer lock won't work anyway because there is no Samsung dialer skin included. You can use task switcher to get out of the menu or map a hardkey to ok/close

I'll check it out

I'm not on Bell, so I've never tested it.

Its giving me an APN audio connection error of some kind. I have no clue what it could be as skyfire used to play fine. I seriously love how wonderful your ROM is though. Thanks so much for the work you've put in. I'm not worried that much about skyfire. :)

Guest 07aspenx

Hey thanks for the reply. I haven't flashed since Adryn's CF03 v2.0 base ROM and I'm loving your ROM.

Guest eufouria

Hey, liking your Rom although I hada few problems with it + Pointsense but I'm now reverting back to Titanium however Showaco's weather is not working I've tried 4.2, and Mnemonique's ports: 3b and 3e.

4.2 shows but when updated loses it's icons and information, both of Mnemonique's mess up my entire Titanium setup re-enabling panels I had previously gotten rid of.

Do you have this working?

Guest waremike32
Hey, liking your Rom although I hada few problems with it + Pointsense but I'm now reverting back to Titanium however Showaco's weather is not working I've tried 4.2, and Mnemonique's ports: 3b and 3e.

4.2 shows but when updated loses it's icons and information, both of Mnemonique's mess up my entire Titanium setup re-enabling panels I had previously gotten rid of.

Do you have this working?

Yes, use the cab out of my personal XDA UC

Edited by waremike32