[ROM]~KIND ROM~BUILD 23*420*~Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest waremike32

Thanks for the responses guys! When I saw the build number, I just couldn't resist. Hehehe...

Question. Does your taskbar show the the battery percentage or just bars?

Just the bars.

Guest pillagingjack

I love your rom, however is there anyway you could release the themes from your previous roms? I love the rom, just not a fan of the theme...

Nate

Guest cheifkeiff
NEW ROM ON 1st POST!!!!! FLASH THEN BLAZE!!!!!

WOW the best ROM I have seen yet I am flashing right now to have that theme good to know some chefs get the munchies too!!!

Guest waremike32
Love the theme. How can I get the chronic theme on another ROM? Like can you post it here? :)

I've never created a theme cab or tsk. I guess I need to learn huh? There are many goodies in this rom that would have to be included: Ani_xxxx.gifs, Welcomehead, ringtone, bronzeres.dll, and many images...that's much more than is normally included in a single theme. It may also be a fleeting endeavor, because MS could change everything up on the next build, and it would no longer be compatible. I'm always down to learn something new, so we'll see how it goes, but no promises unfortunately. :D

Guest cheifkeiff

I Flashed to the rom yesterday and I LOVE it you would think the stoner rom would run slow but it's just the opposite super fast, stable and freaking hilarious I love the wait cursor and the start up screens!

Guest snapz54

waremike,

badword awesome build. this really does feel like one of the best roms I've had my hands on to date. unfortunately, I have the same problem as another poster where my boss ends up with my phone at times. Is there any chance you could make a safe for work version of the green theme. The start menu is beautiful especially. I think you would need to change the startup splash, the start button, loading progress icon, left and right pipe icons, and wallpaper is great with the green gradient but without the leaves?

one of the biggest compliments I can give is this. When I flash a rom I leave my omnia's usb port cover undone while I check out the rom incase I reflash quickly. With yours I closed the cover as soon as the today screen loaded because I knew I was sticking with it for awhile! right on brother, hope you can find the time to make the scaled down version, but I'll definately load this one up on vacation!

Guest jlavallee

Amazing I am Currently using MrCapcom's Rom but am looking forward to your work/child friendly version. I am a huge fan of 420 but until we get it legalized I guess i got to keep it on the DL

Guest waremike32

OK NARCS!!!!!!

Here's an update. I removed the MOST AWESOME THEME EVER, and replaced it with something low key. No more illicit references...this is Safe for work!

NEW:

Added back Marketplace

Added back All Themes

Added back FM Radio

Added NuclearEmp's Ani gifs/Welcomehead

FKB is default input (courtesy of SikYou @ Omniarom.com)

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.4shared.com/file/138162025/d2b7.../Flash_SFW.html

Screen01-23.jpg

Guest snapz54
OK NARCS!!!!!!

Here's an update. I removed the MOST AWESOME THEME EVER, and replaced it with something low key. No more illicit references...this is Safe for work!

NEW:

Added back Marketplace

Added back All Themes

Added back FM Radio

Added NuclearEmp's Ani gifs/Welcomehead

FKB is default input (courtesy of SikYou @ Omniarom.com)

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.4shared.com/file/138162025/d2b7.../Flash_SFW.html

Screen01-23.jpg

I dug the green color, if you could do a green theme it could be our little secret, everyone knows it's 420 but the people that don't need to know don't?

Guest waremike32
I dug the green color, if you could do a green theme it could be our little secret, everyone knows it's 420 but the people that don't need to know don't?

I played with a green theme a bit last night, but it came out hideous. In the meantime, this will do for those that wanted the ROM itself, but a safer theme. Also, I'm working on making cabs for themes for use on other roms. So hopefully, I'll be posting a nice variety of my own custom themes for all to enjoy.

Also, forgot to mention the Sammy dialer (Adryn skin) is back in for the update.

Guest eclsnowman

I look forward to trying your work friendly 420 rom tonight. Bummer is I just finished the two hour process of loading up your V7 23053 rom last night before you updated 23420. But I just wanted to tell you that your attention to detail on the NSFW 23420 rom was amazing. If I was 15 years younger, and it wasn't my work phone, I would have loaded 23420 in a heartbeat. Keep up the good work brother.

Guest dmcnado

Hi, Waremike! Cool new rom (the green one). Do you have a RAM/available space screenie? Thanks! I'm really partial to the base roms, but love the new leafy theme!

Guest waremike32
Hi, Waremike! Cool new rom (the green one). Do you have a RAM/available space screenie? Thanks! I'm really partial to the base roms, but love the new leafy theme!

There is a mem screen for the Kind Rom on the first post. The update is slightly less.

Screen01-22.jpg

*Also, I'm hoping to release multiple versions from here on out. A loaded and a stripped among others maybe...

Edited by waremike32

Guest thekevster

love the look of the 420 rom!

i havent had a chance to flash my phone yet, but i am defenitely going to do it as soon as i have the opportunity.

i was also wondering if you or anyone else in this thread has the keyboard from the stock CF03 rom in a cab. i'm not a huge fan of fingerkeyboard and i found a great thread on coloring xt9 keyboards and i think the green keyboard would go great with the kind rom :)

Edit: nvmd on the CF03 keyboard, i thought finger keyboard was the only keyboard installed but i see that xt9 is included!

Edited by thekevster

Guest betachristopher

I love this cooked baked ROM :)

Question...if I want to get back the original start menu with 3 icons instead of 4, is there a way to do that? I want my icons like I want my blunts...BIG.

Guest waremike32
i was also wondering if you or anyone else in this thread has the keyboard from the stock CF03 rom in a cab.

It is included in the ROM, but here's a link to Adrynalyne's cab for the cc20 keyboard (Same as CF03)

http://www.4shared.com/file/113106000/d0eb...9_keyboard.html

Question...if I want to get back the original start menu with 3 icons instead of 4, is there a way to do that? I want my icons like I want my blunts...BIG.

Use Total Commander to copy/paste these files into \Windows

http://www.4shared.com/file/139595275/8e25...Start_Menu.html

Guest thekevster

flashed the kind rom first thing this morning, and i freakin love it! waremike, i think you may have just become my favorite chef!

the only down side is that every time i turn on the screen, i really want to smoke a bowl :)

Guest Grouper

I've tried two other 23064 ROMs and this has to be the best one. I've only had this phone for about a week now, and I've only been using third-party ROMs for three days, so that may have something to do with it.

Either way, this doesn't have too much crap, but it's not missing anything I want.

The only complaint I have is that Opera is old, but I guess the new version is still a beta so that's not something I can really complain about.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to using more of your ROMs.

Also, thank you for providing a non-weedy theme version!

Edited by Grouper

Guest waremike32
I've tried two other 23064 ROMs...

The only complaint I have is that Opera is old, but I guess the new version is still a beta so that's not something I can really complain about.

Just to clarify, the build # for both the KIND ROM and the UPDATE is 23420. Hence, my inspiration :)

And I've tried the the Opera 9.7 beta and I prefer 9.5 for the moment. If having the older Opera is a nuisance, you can use one of my base roms and install your preference.

I really need to get a different keyboard on here. The one included with this build is shite. I've tried to select teh XT9 keyboard, but the setting won't stick, it keeps going to the fingerboard or whatever.