Random slowdowns...very annoying !!!

Guest IBTECH

I have the TG01 for about two weeks now and have been watching this forum closely.

Until recently I was using the Omnia II but I really wanted to see what the snapdragon processor is all about, so I went ahead and got the tg01.

It should be one of the most advanced devices on the market but with the current endless bugs....i want to throw it out the window.

This is the most buggy winmo device I have EVER used.

The thing that kills me the most is the random slow downs of the device, that nothing but a hard reset will resolve.

I am not running any special software like SRS WOW sound or even SPB MS fort that matter.

I am running PointUI, slingplayer, Skype, basic software that ran just fine on any other phone.

The phone was working fine for a few days (with all the random rebooting and other fascinating bugs other users here have complained about).

a few days ago I backed up my phone using SPB backup. after the backup finished the phone restarted it was slow as hell. no soft reset helped. I had to hard reset and restore.

After restore the phone was working fine again, until I rebooted it again and it became slow again.

I hard reset again and restored again. the phone came up fine and after the second reboot it became slow again.

I did a hard reset again with a clean install of my software. the phone was running fine for a few days until randomly after a reboot it became slow again!!! nothing new was installed in the past two days that I can blame any third party software for causing this.

I read on the forum that other users are having the same problem. I seriously think there is a serious bug in the OS on the TG01 that is causing it to corrupt itself after a few days of usage.

I am running the TG01 UK version. is this something that only UK version users experience or is it something that also happen to O2 and Movistar users?

Did anyone find a solution to this super annoying problem?

As a side note, I did not (yet) has the SD card corruption issue others were talking about.

Thanks.

I think it was PointUI.

I had the same problem few days after installing PointUI. (such a shame as I think PointUI is g8)

Just get rid of it and everything will be running fine again.

I think it was PointUI.

I had the same problem few days after installing PointUI. (such a shame as I think PointUI is g8)

Just get rid of it and everything will be running fine again.

You might be right, but it did happen to me once before in the first two days when I had SPB MS3 installed, so I replaced it with PointUI and the PointSense applet and the slow downs occurred every single days until I hard reset.

Now I am trying to use PointUI only with the default setting and layout, so far so good.

However this should not be happening at all. when I use the same software on the Omnia II it has no problem at all. in fact the Omnia II had zero crashes on me since I got it in August which means that Toshiba simply did a very poor Job in implementing the OS on the TG01 or the hardware used on the TG01 is very low quality.

I hope that their 6.5 update will fix all these issues, otherwise I will never buy Toshiba again.